Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629036 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #435 on: February 20, 2012, 04:47:38 am »
Derp. In my defence, I'm ridiculously tired right now. :P

That's okay. It just made some interesting ideas float thru my head. ;)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline banjaxed

• Neonate
  • The lurking luker
« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:59 am »
yes, there are volcaones in Africa.  I believe Kilomanjaro used to be one? someone correct me if I'm wrong on that (I probably am)

Mount Kilimanjaro hasn't erupted in a very very long time. Mount Nyiragongo, Nyamuragira, and Erta Ale come to mind as more active volcanoes on the continent.
Geologists are the masters of subduction

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »
Who thought Obama as a stereotypical African sacrificing rich to a volcano was a good idea (are there even volcanoes in Africa)

Are you sure this cartoon isn't secretly pro-obama (kind of like a poe) to the extent of the huge amount of hyperbole in referring to higher taxes as the same as being sacrificed in a volcano? And the blatantly racist depiction of Obama

I wouldn't rule that out, although I saw that cartoon on a RW blog.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #438 on: February 20, 2012, 10:17:32 pm »
That political cartoon felt incredibly sarcastic to me.

I just can't tell if it's poe's law working as intended.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2012, 11:15:05 pm »
Well, the cartoonist in question, Ken Catalino, is a conservative, so...

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #440 on: February 21, 2012, 03:39:08 am »

Wait a minute. If I remember correctly, vampires are only repulsed by symbols of religions that they followed in life. So if Obama's repulsed by a cross, does that mean he's actually a Christian?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #441 on: February 21, 2012, 03:42:30 am »
I'd think so...but, that begs the question...what would happen if an atheist became a vampire?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #442 on: February 21, 2012, 03:44:17 am »
I'd think so...but, that begs the question...what would happen if an atheist became a vampire?

*holds up Origin of the Species*

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #443 on: February 21, 2012, 03:57:52 am »
There are several versions about using holy symbols against vampires in fiction.

In some cases it only works if the vampire was/is a follower of that religion but I prefer the version where the wielder of the symbol is the one whos' faith matters.
I think there is a book where a soviet commissar realises that his cross won't work because he is an atheist so he drives away the vampire using a communist symbol. (Either some book or some commissarial symbol, I forget which.) Oh and some rich yuppie banishes vampires by using his wallet since money is the thing that he has devoted his life to.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #444 on: February 21, 2012, 04:05:00 am »
I'd think that an atheist vampire would be immune to holy water, crucifixes, and the like. Vampire hunters, regardless of religion, probably carry around crucifixes by default because it's the most likely to be the religion a vampire followed in life. That, and you can stab them with it.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #445 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:43 am »
So if someone is a follower of Thor, does this mean they can carry around a hammer and use that as both a holy symbol and a weapon?

</philosoraptor>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #446 on: February 21, 2012, 09:13:44 am »
There are several versions about using holy symbols against vampires in fiction.

In some cases it only works if the vampire was/is a follower of that religion but I prefer the version where the wielder of the symbol is the one whos' faith matters.
I think there is a book where a soviet commissar realises that his cross won't work because he is an atheist so he drives away the vampire using a communist symbol. (Either some book or some commissarial symbol, I forget which.) Oh and some rich yuppie banishes vampires by using his wallet since money is the thing that he has devoted his life to.

There is pony related nonsense in spoilers.  I swear it's relevant to the quoted post, but I just wanted to toss it into spoilers to try to decrease the chances of a derail going on.  Hell, posting an actual political cartoon would probably help, but I don't have the time to find one because I'm getting ready for school right now.

(click to show/hide)

*cough*

Anyway, I swear that I'll add pictures to this thread some day.  We get lots of bad political cartoons in my newspaper.  I just have to go and actually find the sources online after I see them.  Barring that, I could scan them. :P
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:16:17 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Podkayne

• Pope
« Reply #447 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:37 am »

The soviet commisar thing happened in Doctor Who once, but I'm sure it's been recycled several times
Don't make vague, generic threats, or else!

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #448 on: February 21, 2012, 11:11:18 am »

There is pony related nonsense in spoilers.  I swear it's relevant to the quoted post, but I just wanted to toss it into spoilers to try to decrease the chances of a derail going on.  Hell, posting an actual political cartoon would probably help, but I don't have the time to find one because I'm getting ready for school right now.

(click to show/hide)

*cough*

Anyway, I swear that I'll add pictures to this thread some day.  We get lots of bad political cartoons in my newspaper.  I just have to go and actually find the sources online after I see them.  Barring that, I could scan them. :P
I like the faith of the person with the object mattering more. It shows that the person's faith in something greater than themself is more powerful than the dominating presence of the vampire.

PONY SPOILER
(click to show/hide)

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline The Prophet Mohammed (PBUM)

• Neonate
« Reply #449 on: February 21, 2012, 01:37:15 pm »