Author Topic: What are your stereotypes?  (Read 11967 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: What are your stereotypes?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 12:13:20 am »
I tend to think less of people who are potheads or stoners. To me they seem selfish, obnoxious, self-righteous, and immature.

Your Dad's a stoner isn't he? paging Dr Freud...

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 01:28:39 am »
If someone likes or defends the Twilight series, Fifty Shades of Gray, or anything by Ayn Rand I automatically avoid them whenever possible.

The more often someone brings up any one particular thing in a conversation, the less likely I am to believe they know anything about it.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 01:30:59 am »
The more often someone brings up any one particular thing in a conversation, the less likely I am to believe they know anything about it.

This is true.  I constantly bring things up in conversations, things I know jack shit about.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 01:35:45 am »
If someone complains about a thing because they find it offensive, I assume they're drooling morons. Same goes for anyone who uses Tumblrina speak unironically.

Say what you will about heuristics, but it tends to be right on the money far more often than it's not.

Also, anyone who's an active part of a fandom (especially a fandom for something aimed at children) is a manchild until proven otherwise.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 02:06:52 am »
Being from Oregon (born and raised), living in Michigan for 8 months at one point, and now living in New York for the last five years or so, mine are all over the map.

- Californians are, by and large, speed demon idiots.
- Oregonians don't know how to drive in snow.  Looking at you, Clackamas.
- Washingtonians need a fucking reality check, especially Seattle sometimes.  I've been to the bad parts of Seattle, fuckers, you ain't as pristine as you think.
- No one in Michigan drives the fucking speed limit.  This goes double in the dead of winter.  Also, Ann Arbor fucking sucks.
- New Jersey is populated with assholes.
- So is NYC, for that matter.
- NYC is also made of bullshit for trying to get around without a GPS.
- Also, Times Square is over-rated as all fuck.
- Really, the whole city is made of absolute suck and fail.  I don't know where the attitude comes from that they live in an amazing city.  Must all be from Queens.
- Lastly, any fucker that comes up here from the city can fuck all kinds of off, because these jackasses are inevitably from the city.  You don't get to ride my ass and tailgate me with your high beams on at 11:45 at night when I'm already doing 5 above the speed limit.  Go to hell and learn some gorram patience.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 02:20:51 am »
I generally figure anyone who says they're "anti-political correctness" to be a self-righteous asshole.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 02:45:13 am »
Now this is political discrimination, when I come across someone online who describes themselves as a "libertarian" I hear "douchnozzle".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 02:47:59 am »
When a Finnish person explains that politically the Republican party of USA is closest to their ideals I assume that either they do not know anything about the Republicans or they are just a horrible person.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 03:01:50 am »
Now this is political discrimination, when I come across someone online who describes themselves as a "libertarian" I hear "douchnozzle".

I usually wait to find out if they are over 15. Then I assume douchenozzle.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 03:30:19 am »
This may sound a bit odd, but if somebody lives in a gated community, I tend to assume they're a milquetoast.

What if its a gated apartment complex?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 03:33:23 am »
This may sound a bit odd, but if somebody lives in a gated community, I tend to assume they're a milquetoast.

What if its a gated apartment complex?

What if the "gated community" is in fact a prison?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 04:09:32 am »

This is true.  I constantly bring things up in conversations, things I know jack shit about.
Yeah, I could have explained what I meant better. What I meant is that if someone mentioned they climed Mt. Everest, once, because it's relevant, I believe them. If someone constantly brings the conversation back to "I climed Mt. Everest! I climed Mt. Everest!!" I begin to question their ability to find Mt. Everest on a map.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 11:28:46 am »
If someone complains about a thing because they find it offensive, I assume they're drooling morons.
Shouldn't you wait to see if they find it offensive for stupid reasons or not? ("I find this offensive bcuz it is very triggering to sherlockkin UWU" vs. "I find Vox Day's continued existence offensive.")
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:02:34 pm by I am lizard »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
If someone complains about a thing because they find it offensive, I assume they're drooling morons.
Shouldn't you wait to see if they find it offensive for stupid reasons or not? ("I find this offensive bcuz it is very triggering to sherlockkin UWU" vs. "I find Vox Day's continued existence offensive.")
I suppose I should clarify. Merely expressing offense at something is fine, it's when they say "X is offensive, therefore you can't/shouldn't say/do that" that I file that person away under the "whiny crybaby" category.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 10:52:44 pm »
I suppose I should clarify. Merely expressing offense at something is fine, it's when they say "X is offensive, therefore you can't/shouldn't say/do that" that I file that person away under the "whiny crybaby" category.
Ah yes, that kind of shit.