Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669370 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2025 on: January 13, 2013, 03:20:55 am »
Are you serious really no child support.  Also in America man gets custody 50% of time

I'm gonna have to ask for a citation on the latter, because...that sounds like somethin pulled out of one's ass and polished up a teensy bit to seem reasonable.

Found this in about 10 seconds via Google.  Dunno if the site's legit or not, but that makes a LOT more sense, given that America is a society where men are the "breadwinners," and are seen as hapless tits when it comes to anything involving children.  Or cleaning.  Or cooking.  Or any housework, for that matter.
hold on I have it somewhere in my tumblr archive  http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/17/more-fathers-getting-custody-in-divorce/

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2026 on: January 13, 2013, 04:43:18 am »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2027 on: January 13, 2013, 08:25:17 am »
That's exactly my point. Men aren't the breadwinners any more, or they shouldn't be. So the trope is just bullshit.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #2028 on: January 13, 2013, 09:17:39 am »

"A pencil sharpener that can sharpen many pencils is a fine thing, but a pencil that has been through too many sharpeners is useless." :P

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #2029 on: January 13, 2013, 09:41:14 am »
"A pencil sharpener that can sharpen many pencils is a fine thing, but a pencil that has been through too many sharpeners is useless." :P
That is a beautiful comeback.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #2030 on: January 13, 2013, 01:08:20 pm »
That's exactly my point. Men aren't the breadwinners any more, or they shouldn't be. So the trope is just bullshit.

It should be, yes.  Women should earn just as much as men.  Men should be awarded custody just as often as women.

And when these conditions are met, I will be perfectly happy to bury the deadbeat dad trope in favor of the deadbeat parent trope.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2031 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:23 am »
Not really a cartoon, but more like a paper clipping.
Also the text isn't bad, it just points of the absurdly of the paper clipping

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2032 on: January 14, 2013, 01:21:00 am »
Her husband, of course, is a 'Lucky Duckie' who 'does not have to pay tax at all'. Not in the universe the WSJ's editorial page occupies, at least.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2033 on: January 14, 2013, 08:10:08 am »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2034 on: January 14, 2013, 08:10:37 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2035 on: January 14, 2013, 08:36:04 am »
At that WSJ the thing about them is frankly they are a Murdoch paper so they share Faux's views.  Like this one time they had a "Democrat" on who thinks Obama is too far to the left.  The guy works for the New York Post

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2036 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:36 am »

Well it's true...

You're right, It's true in a way, but criminals never obey any law for that matter, so why bother to make any laws. Now I'm not in favor of the assault weapon ban, I'd rather see us spend more time on the root of the problem, which is this culture that says the way to solve a problem is through shooting some place up, rather than getting some sort of help because it's seen as being "weak". Not to mention we have a country where our sense of community, and caring about others have been replaced with the "rugged individualist" myth. But sadly I haven't seen any pro-gun group endorsed this idea, because they're too busy pandering to the right wing in this country.
 I'm ok with other types of gun control laws such as background checks, and whatnot. Because history has proven that bans don't work.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 11:26:22 am by Empress Nicki »

Distind

« Reply #2037 on: January 14, 2013, 11:04:18 am »
Not to mention the point, widely missed, I'm reasonably sure entirely intentionally, is that the point of gun control is to reduce the number of guns present, make it easier to confirm someone owns the guns, and make it more difficult for guns to be obtained by someone who shouldn't have them over all.

It doesn't matter if they don't follow it, if everyone else does they'll still have a bitch of a time getting weapons and it'll be much easier to track down the people selling the weapons to those who shouldn't have them.

It's not perfect, but it's better than having a minigun section in walmart.

Offline worlder

• Bishop
« Reply #2038 on: January 14, 2013, 11:14:22 am »
Besides if there really is a need for insurrection in the US, the rebels will be getting their arms from the black market any way.

The gun shop versions just don't cut it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2039 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:58 am »
You know there are other gun control laws besides bans like bullet tracings