Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669701 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2220 on: March 07, 2013, 02:07:01 pm »
Ah, good old conflation of homosexuality with pedophilia. No intellectually bankrupt anti-gay tirade would be complete without it.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2221 on: March 07, 2013, 03:07:10 pm »
Great use of typos guys.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2222 on: March 07, 2013, 03:56:32 pm »
since we seem to be not putting up new cartoons ot mock..

... from a  conservative friend on face book.

Think about it....

Two fake cowboys working for their own benefit and personal glory.

And a Community Organizer helping someone else and trying to make things over all a little better.

Maybe it's me but that some think this makes the top two guys look good and the third look bad says more about a certain mind set then it does about the guys in the pictures.

I think I'll re-edit this to say the opposite of the intended message....making it a "Best Political Cartoon".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2223 on: March 07, 2013, 04:08:04 pm »

Think about it....

And a Community Organizer helping someone else and trying to make things over all a little better.

Maybe it's me but that some think this makes the top two guys look good and the third look bad says more about a certain mind set then it does about the guys in the pictures.

I think I'll re-edit this to say the opposite of the intended message....making it a "Best Political Cartoon".

Why should you need to re-edit it? The intended message, to me, depends on the political views of the one showing you the image.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2224 on: March 07, 2013, 04:22:34 pm »

Think about it....

Why should you need to re-edit it? The intended message, to me, depends on the political views of the one showing you the image.

You have a great point.

That said, just for the heckuvit, I made this. I won't let it go to waste...

*in Joel Hodgson voice* Waddaya think, siiiirrrs?

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2225 on: March 07, 2013, 07:08:42 pm »
You can understand WHY a lot of radical positions exist--radical feminists who hate men, radical minority-rights groups who hate white people, and there must be people outside the Tumblr community who are gay or trans and sincerely hate straight and cis people--because of histories of violence against the supported group by the target of hate. But that doesn't justify the hate of ALL THESE PEOPLE who never did anything.

The simple fact is, you can't fight hate with hate.

Is there a movement for gays to hate straights? Besides on Tumblr. Like genuine "God I hate those breeders".

There are radscums who call themselves "political lesbians" or "lesbian separatists." I have seen these people say that any woman who claims to be straight or bi is actually brainwashed by the patriarchy and needs to be converted to lesbianism. This is much less hot in practice than in theory, and mostly involves lots of angry yelling, science fails, and bizarre worship of menstrual blood. Oh, and lesbians need to set up their own state where they can be free from the inherently sexist and man-made construction of penis-in-vagina sex.

Sounds a lot like Rockbitch.

I did know a gay guy who thought straight people invented AIDS because they were jealous of how gay people could have sex without consequences like pregnancy.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #2226 on: March 07, 2013, 07:20:06 pm »
You can understand WHY a lot of radical positions exist--radical feminists who hate men, radical minority-rights groups who hate white people, and there must be people outside the Tumblr community who are gay or trans and sincerely hate straight and cis people--because of histories of violence against the supported group by the target of hate. But that doesn't justify the hate of ALL THESE PEOPLE who never did anything.

Is there a movement for gays to hate straights? Besides on Tumblr. Like genuine "God I hate those breeders".

There are radscums who call themselves "political lesbians" or "lesbian separatists." I have seen these people say that any woman who claims to be straight or bi is actually brainwashed by the patriarchy and needs to be converted to lesbianism. This is much less hot in practice than in theory, and mostly involves lots of angry yelling, science fails, and bizarre worship of menstrual blood. Oh, and lesbians need to set up their own state where they can be free from the inherently sexist and man-made construction of penis-in-vagina sex.

I did know a gay guy who thought straight people invented AIDS because they were jealous of how gay people could have sex without consequences like pregnancy.

Wha......?
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

• The Beast
« Reply #2227 on: March 07, 2013, 07:28:48 pm »

Wha......?

That was pretty much my reaction.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #2228 on: March 07, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

Wha......?

That was pretty much my reaction.

So where does he think the other STD's came from?

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2229 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:34 am »
I imagine that, like moon landing and other conspiracy theorists, he was focused solely on the one thing he had a theory on and ignored the similar events that potentially contradicted it.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #2230 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55:33 am »
I imagine that, like moon landing and other conspiracy theorists, he was focused solely on the one thing he had a theory on and ignored the similar events that potentially contradicted it.

Yeah, I'd noticed that none of the conspiracy nutjobs ever try to say that Gargarin's flight into orbit was fake.  Probably none of them are batshit insane enough to want to piss off the Russians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2231 on: March 08, 2013, 11:01:06 am »

Yeah, I'd noticed that none of the conspiracy nutjobs ever try to say that Gargarin's flight into orbit was fake.  Probably none of them are batshit insane enough to want to piss off the Russians.

In their defense, those theories that I've seen agree that people have been sent to the orbit and that ISS is real etc. They simply refuse to believe that people would have been able to reach the moon with the technology of that time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2232 on: March 08, 2013, 11:13:52 am »

In their defense, those theories that I've seen agree that people have been sent to the orbit and that ISS is real etc. They simply refuse to believe that people would have been able to reach the moon with the technology of that time.

I hate that shit so much. I was an eight year old kid, and I stared up at the moon right after watching Armstrong's first lunar walk in July 1969, and I saw the glint of sunlight reflected off of the command vehicle as it orbited the moon. It is still a clear and awesome memory - it made me shiver with excitement, wonderment, and pride.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

• The Beast
« Reply #2233 on: March 08, 2013, 11:50:26 am »

I hate that shit so much. I was an eight year old kid, and I stared up at the moon right after watching Armstrong's first lunar walk in July 1969, and I saw the glint of sunlight reflected off of the command vehicle as it orbited the moon. It is still a clear and awesome memory - it made me shiver with excitement, wonderment, and pride.

When I was younger, I used to believe in the moon landing conspiracy theory :-[

I think part of the problem is the documentaries they show. The ones about the moon landings are put together quite well and they
seem to have a lot of scientific evidence. Also the experts on them don't act like complete weirdos, and appear to have valid credentials.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2234 on: March 08, 2013, 12:17:40 pm »

[Conspiratard] Don't you know? That glint you saw was actually from an alien artifact left to watch over us and make sure we didn't develop advanced space travel until we achieved world peace and a unity with the global consciousness![/Conspiratard]
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.