Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670583 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2295 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:35 pm »
Awesome. Here's moar:

So like I was saying...what about Rand Paul and the Civil Rights Act?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2296 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:56 pm »
trees have souls?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #2297 on: April 03, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »
Let's play a game of naming everything that's wrong with this image:

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2298 on: April 03, 2013, 10:15:50 pm »
Hey I know! Let's completely forget the ideological inversion that took place in the 1960s!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2299 on: April 03, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »

I like how they try to make Republicans look like they care about women and understand rape, but then at the end add the "pretty women get raped more" joke at the end.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2300 on: April 03, 2013, 10:29:32 pm »
Hey I know! Let's completely forget the ideological inversion that took place in the 1960s!

The inversion that took place because a Democratic president signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964?  Is that the one you're talking about?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2301 on: April 03, 2013, 10:32:44 pm »
Also I point out neither a gun nor a whistle helps prevent most rapes.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2302 on: April 04, 2013, 02:33:15 am »
Did this work?

Who the fuck EVER said trees have souls?  I mean I guess maybe someone, but who the fuck?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2303 on: April 04, 2013, 02:36:19 am »
Awesome. Here's moar:

So like I was saying...what about Rand Paul and the Civil Rights Act?

One Democrat was mean 50 years ago! HATE DEMOCRATS.

Only attractive women get raped, also beauty is the value women shall be judged by, also partisanship, also bullshit.

The amount of flat-out lying in American politics is just breathtaking. It's almost violent. Believe two and two is five or you're a traitor. And you know what we do with traitors, don't you?

Edit to add: not that there isn't barefaced lying in Australian right-wing politics, even rarely in left-wing politics, but I don't think it is as brutal and personal as American political dishonesty. I may be wrong, it's obviously impossible to quantify.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:42:12 am by Lt. Fred »
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2304 on: April 04, 2013, 05:06:26 am »
This is why I hate labels.  Rpublicans think they're saints because people who called themselves Republicans fought slavery and for civil rights.  What they ignore is that the people who fought for civil rights and against slavery were switched their stances years later. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2305 on: April 04, 2013, 08:35:30 am »

Pop quiz: How would you describe a party that would use the federal government to change 246 year old laws that about half of the country economically depended on in the name of some high minded social goal, against the wishes of the states that have those laws? i wouldn't use conservative, at least not as the Republicans define it currently.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2306 on: April 04, 2013, 08:43:10 am »
Also MLK Jr was not a Republican I pointed out privately he voted Democrat but neither party was far enough left for him

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2307 on: April 04, 2013, 09:40:12 am »
I like how they made the gun pink.  Obviously a good conservative woman wouldn't be seen dead with some ugly man gun.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2308 on: April 04, 2013, 09:58:40 am »
One thing I find about other countries compared to America is that our idiots are loud, obnoxious, and feel their stupidity deserves respect. Idiots in other countries are quiet, blunder around, and try to stay under the radar. Not 100%, but that's what I've seen from interactions and other forms of seeing things far away.

So people yelling bold faced lies seem in style here.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Distind

« Reply #2309 on: April 04, 2013, 10:02:51 am »
I like how they made the gun pink.  Obviously a good conservative woman wouldn't be seen dead with some ugly man gun.
It's a real gun too, btw. Kinda like the series of pink power tools for women. Cause you know, your power drill's gotta match your purse after all.