Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1668869 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2520 on: May 01, 2013, 10:53:11 am »
I'll admit, the microwave ovens are a new one.  :P

Not really. It never grew to the proportions that anti-vaccers and cell-phone paranoiacs have, but there's always been a small, dedicated amount of people claiming that microwaves embedded food with dangerous levels of radiation.
Which has as even less facts and science behind it as the anti-vaccination claims, if such thing is possible.

In an unrelated note, microwaves give me a headache. Really, if I stand too close to a microwave that is on it gives me physical pain, this has been true ever since my family got our first microwave. (Although I think it was worse back when I was a kid.)

That is fascinating askold. I wonder if the shape/size of the tiny structures in your middle or inner ears happen to pick up on a harmonic frequency from the radar/radio waves produced by the microwave oven? If so, of course it would be too high a frequency to register within your hearing range, but it could be over-stimulating the audic nerve and perhaps from that, your headache begins?

I used to be able to hear a local radio station because my tooth filling and the orthodontic device I wore at the time created a receiver of sorts (the acidic nature of saliva acting as the micro electrical source in tandem with silver filling and stainless steel braces).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

wrightway

« Reply #2521 on: May 01, 2013, 11:11:25 am »
I'll admit, the microwave ovens are a new one.  :P

Not really. It never grew to the proportions that anti-vaccers and cell-phone paranoiacs have, but there's always been a small, dedicated amount of people claiming that microwaves embedded food with dangerous levels of radiation.

That Dr. Oz claims that it's carcinogens you get from microwaving the plastic containers that's the problem.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2522 on: May 01, 2013, 11:22:06 am »
The radiowaves from the microwave are probably the cause, in either case it's only if I stand too close while the device is on. The problem with my... problem is that when I try to search the web to see if anyone else experiences... The results don't seem very reliable.

Yahoo answers has someone claim that medical science proven it to be possible. And that microwaves give you brain cancer if you are less than 2 meters from one.

Some "consumer safety" site says that it is impossible for a microwave to give me a headache because regulations require them to be safe and that the headache is probably from the additives in my food... So the additives in the food that I have not eaten yet give me some sort of pre-emptive headache? Time traveling additives?

And then I found this site:
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=journal&action=view&type=journal&id=134

Which is just some tinfoil hat material.

Bah.

Anyway, back to comics:

Uh, huh.

Wait what?

Ok... Few days after the Boston bombings he is already using it in his comic just so he can preach more of his political beliefs. That's low. Now I wonder how the characters got arrested, I'll just go back a few days further...

...I'm not suprised he is supporting an armed revolution but what is it with these people who have a hardon for shooting at cops?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2523 on: May 01, 2013, 01:01:59 pm »
The radiowaves from the microwave are probably the cause, in either case it's only if I stand too close while the device is on. The problem with my... problem is that when I try to search the web to see if anyone else experiences... The results don't seem very reliable.

Yahoo answers has someone claim that medical science proven it to be possible. And that microwaves give you brain cancer if you are less than 2 meters from one.

Some "consumer safety" site says that it is impossible for a microwave to give me a headache because regulations require them to be safe and that the headache is probably from the additives in my food... So the additives in the food that I have not eaten yet give me some sort of pre-emptive headache? Time traveling additives?

And then I found this site:
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=journal&action=view&type=journal&id=134

Which is just some tinfoil hat material.

Bah.

Anyway, back to comics:

Uh, huh.

Wait what?

Ok... Few days after the Boston bombings he is already using it in his comic just so he can preach more of his political beliefs. That's low. Now I wonder how the characters got arrested, I'll just go back a few days further...

...I'm not suprised he is supporting an armed revolution but what is it with these people who have a hardon for shooting at cops?

Or the cop's own kids?

This comic is so stupid! I hate Tin-Foil Tealibanis!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2524 on: May 01, 2013, 01:07:28 pm »
The red-head is cute. It seems a lot of wierdos have pretty good drawing skills. What up with that?

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2525 on: May 01, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »

Funny how the artist forgot to include the occupants of all those other "chairs." No, Israel is the only land that isn't empty in the Middle East.

I think it's more about how there are so many Arab nations that they don't need any more territory, which is a common pro-Israeli sentiment.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2526 on: May 01, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »
Not sure since Wilders said Palestineans should move to Jordan and to start calling Jordan Palestine

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #2527 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:13 pm »

Funny how the artist forgot to include the occupants of all those other "chairs." No, Israel is the only land that isn't empty in the Middle East.

I think it's more about how there are so many Arab nations that they don't need any more territory, which is a common pro-Israeli sentiment.

Wait a minute... couldn't this be easily turned around to say that jews also have been scattered all over the world and therefore didn't need their own country either?  Certainly Jews have more power outside israel then palestinians seem to have anywhere.

When a pro israeli cartoon can be easily turned into an anti-semitic one, it might be a bad argument.

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline booley

• Pope
« Reply #2528 on: May 01, 2013, 02:00:42 pm »
from, where else, face book..

Yes it is horrible how "bashed' christian athletes are.  Unlike gay people who have NEVER faced homophobia in sports.  if only there enough enough christian athletes to have an organization for themselves.

Maybe call it the "Fellowship of Christian Atheletes" or "Christian Athlete Association"  But we all know colleges would never allow this.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2529 on: May 01, 2013, 02:23:12 pm »
Also the NFL and NBA are two different organizations.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #2530 on: May 01, 2013, 03:06:20 pm »
Tim Tebow, the guy who starred in an ad from the gay-bashing Focus on the Family and almost spoke at the church of Pastor Robert Jeffress. (Don't worry, he may come back to that church once this blows over.)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #2531 on: May 01, 2013, 04:05:06 pm »
Tim Tebow, the guy who starred in an ad from the gay-bashing Focus on the Family and almost spoke at the church of Pastor Robert Jeffress. (Don't worry, he may come back to that church once this blows over.)

Who spent most of the season on the bench last year and has now been cut by the Jets.  Guess he should have prayed for better passing skills.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2532 on: May 01, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »
Not sure since Wilders said Palestineans should move to Jordan and to start calling Jordan Palestine

That one comes from how Jordan was part of the original Palestine Mandate. In the 1920s, the British sliced off what is now Jordan and banned Jewish settlement there. There is a sentiment that that should have been the partition, with a Jewish Israel occupying modern Israel and Palestine, and an Arab Palestine occupying modern Jordan.

I think that argument might have been valid 80 years ago, but not today.

Wait a minute... couldn't this be easily turned around to say that jews also have been scattered all over the world and therefore didn't need their own country either?  Certainly Jews have more power outside israel then palestinians seem to have anywhere.

When a pro israeli cartoon can be easily turned into an anti-semitic one, it might be a bad argument.

Yeah, but Jews don't have a nation anywhere. The whole point of Zionism is to create a safe haven for Jews, where no one can oppress us.

Of course, I'd say the same thing applies to the Palestinians now. Frankly, what SHOULD happen is that the land for the Palestinian state should be seized from the Arab nations that refused to let their refugees assimilate.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:23:11 pm by Meshakhad »
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #2533 on: May 01, 2013, 04:19:44 pm »

Offline booley

• Pope
« Reply #2534 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24:40 pm »

I know that that isn't what US vs Miller said.  United States vs Elk does say you can resists arrest... IF no charges have been leveled against you and IF the cops use deadly force.

But there's an expectation of reasonable force, not "I don't agree I did a crime so I get to shoot you"
The Doctor