Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670580 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2595 on: May 06, 2013, 08:55:22 pm »
"Derpson" = A fitting name if ever there was one.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2596 on: May 06, 2013, 09:14:08 pm »

I'd quite like to own Belgium based on land claims in my holy book. The Anglo-Saxons shouldn't mind, they have the rest of Europe, after all. I'm not happy to live with any of the smelly locals though. I guess the French will have to find the Belgians somewhere to live.

While I personally believe in the whole "Chosen People" deal, I do accept that that carries no real weight with anyone else. I consider the State of Israel's legitimacy to stem from the will of its people, just like every other nation... including Palestine.

There are two grounds for establishing land ownership:
Personal. If this sort of ownership were accepted, a Jewish state could not exist in Palestine. There'd be an unrestricted right of return (because Palestinians own the land they lived on when ethnically cleansed, as individuals).
Collective. If this sort of ownership were accepted, a Jewish state could not exist in Palestine. A religious claim made by Germans and Poles to own land in Arabia is obviously silly.

Israel exists on the sufferance of the international community. It has no rights, just privileges granted because we're nice (and I think that's fair enough). Maybe the people who actually do have rights could exercise them?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2597 on: May 06, 2013, 09:15:24 pm »

I'd quite like to own Belgium based on land claims in my holy book. The Anglo-Saxons shouldn't mind, they have the rest of Europe, after all. I'm not happy to live with any of the smelly locals though. I guess the French will have to find the Belgians somewhere to live.

While I personally believe in the whole "Chosen People" deal, I do accept that that carries no real weight with anyone else. I consider the State of Israel's legitimacy to stem from the will of its people, just like every other nation... including Palestine.

There are two grounds for establishing land ownership:
Personal. If this sort of ownership were accepted, a Jewish state could not exist in Palestine. There'd be an unrestricted right of return (because Palestinians own the land they lived on when ethnically cleansed, as individuals).
Collective. If this sort of ownership were accepted, a Jewish state could not exist in Palestine. A religious claim made by Germans and Poles to own land in Arabia is obviously silly.

Israel exists on the sufferance of the international community. It has no rights, just privileges granted because we're nice (and I think that's fair enough). Maybe the people who actually do have rights could exercise them?
...You know there's a reason Israel's creation came on the heels of World War II, right?
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2598 on: May 06, 2013, 09:29:27 pm »
Like I said, privileges granted because we're nice.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #2599 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:06 pm »
Why did Israel have to be there though? If the Allies cared so much, they should've given up some of their land instead.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2600 on: May 06, 2013, 09:38:03 pm »
Why did Israel have to be there though? If the Allies cared so much, they should've given up some of their land instead.
Technically, they did.  Palestine was a British colony.  Besides, the original plan allowed Palestine to continue existing.  It's just that they declared war the SAME DAY that Israel was created.  While I do believe the Palestinians should have their own country, they shouldn't be able to deprive the Jews of Israel.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2601 on: May 07, 2013, 10:29:11 am »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2602 on: May 07, 2013, 11:04:35 am »
OMG that PP misrep is how old now? 20 years? On a 50 year old quote out
-of-critical-fucking-context from Sanger.

Why won't it die? Well, I guess the same reason birther b.s. won't, either.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2603 on: May 07, 2013, 11:31:12 am »
OMG that PP misrep is how old now? 20 years? On a 50 year old quote out
-of-critical-fucking-context from Sanger.

Why won't it die? Well, I guess the same reason birther b.s. won't, either.

I think the real question is since when do conservatives care so much about minority babies, they hate social programs that help them.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #2604 on: May 07, 2013, 12:33:44 pm »
Fundie logic: children are a blessing from God, unless you're poor, unemployed, a minority, or a rape victim, in which case children are the consequences of your bad decisions.

Ugh, makes me feel sick just writing that.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2605 on: May 07, 2013, 12:38:27 pm »
The Klan would hate planned parenthood though since fewer black babies mean fewer slavves

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2606 on: May 07, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »
Uh. I thought the klan had moved on to gays as their future slaves? Ya know, the dykes do the remodeling and car maintenance, and the fags do the decorating and cooking. <grins and pukes>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2607 on: May 07, 2013, 07:55:18 pm »
Have some more neo-Luddite bullshit.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2608 on: May 07, 2013, 07:57:24 pm »
What the fuck is going on with that baby's eyes?!

Offline Ottery

• Neonate
  • Rada rada rada
    • I have a tumblr
« Reply #2609 on: May 07, 2013, 08:06:19 pm »
What the fuck is going on with that baby's eyes?!

Kirby is trying to come out of his face!