Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669856 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2790 on: May 21, 2013, 02:07:04 pm »
I'm gay, and I agree - it is only somewhat corollary in details. A few, not tens of thousands, of LGBTs have been lynched here. Very, very many - but not millions - of LGBT people have been actively, systematically marginalized and disposessed of basic rights. I can't think of any very recent cases where LGBT people have been denied the vote, though it does happen to transpeople when authorities demand ID for voting, and the person is not post-op, and they can say they are in violation of very old gender dress codes and public indecency laws. Now, if one wanted to talk about LGBT people in a number of other countries, where the police will hold a victim's arms pinned while a crowd attacks them for being an abomination, that's more of a corollary to the Black civil rights movement.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2791 on: May 21, 2013, 02:13:59 pm »
True. LGBTQ people in the USA and Canada have far better lives than people in a lot of the rest of the world. That isn't to say they aren't allowed to feel marginalized or anything of the sort, tho.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2792 on: May 21, 2013, 05:42:12 pm »
Ah yes the Wilder's gays

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2793 on: May 21, 2013, 06:54:52 pm »
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t629071/
Some people do love Billy

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that one of them uses V's mask as an avatar, when one of the hallmarks of the fascist government he was fighting was Holocaust-level racism and homophobia?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2794 on: May 21, 2013, 07:24:53 pm »
Though there is also the business where people compare the current movement to the civil rights movements, when it really, really isn't. It's a movement for rights, but there was a whole lot more on the table in 'the' civil rights movement including far greater hurdles and activism.

Do you think there was maybe a snowball effect- once it became unacceptable to murder/assault/strip of legal rights/etc. people because of X, it became far less acceptable to do it because of Y? (I get the feeling that's what happened- see the Women's Suffrage movement. Women couldn't vote until after men of other races could)...
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #2795 on: May 21, 2013, 07:53:09 pm »

Am I the only one who finds it ironic that one of them uses V's mask as an avatar, when one of the hallmarks of the fascist government he was fighting was Holocaust-level racism and homophobia?
I can guarantee that they never read the comic then. If they had, they'd never have used V's mask.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2796 on: May 21, 2013, 09:47:13 pm »

I can guarantee that they never read the comic then. If they had, they'd never have used V's mask.
V's Guy Fawkes mask has become a vague symbol of rebellion against 'The System', without needing to specify what aspect of what system you're rebelling against or why, and certainly without having to think if your ideals would go in direct opposition to those originally associated with the symbol.

I refer to this as the Che T-shirt effect.
Σא

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2797 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:23 am »
Have some more Billy the Heretic:

Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Distind

« Reply #2798 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:14 am »
Though there is also the business where people compare the current movement to the civil rights movements, when it really, really isn't. It's a movement for rights, but there was a whole lot more on the table in 'the' civil rights movement including far greater hurdles and activism.

Do you think there was maybe a snowball effect- once it became unacceptable to murder/assault/strip of legal rights/etc. people because of X, it became far less acceptable to do it because of Y? (I get the feeling that's what happened- see the Women's Suffrage movement. Women couldn't vote until after men of other races could)...
Almost certainly, and there was at least some overlap(and of course some conflict) between them. Though be careful with that as it's more or less the positive description of the slippery slope argument, some folks hop on it and ride it all the way to bestiality land. Which is actually another thing the current movement has in common with civil rights.

But aside from stonewall, which may or may not have actually been a riot depending on who you ask, the actual scale of the confrontation has been minimal. The rights being persued are far less important, and frankly the marginalization is far less. We're mostly looking at marriage rights(which yes I do agree with), where as the civil rights movement was going for so much as the right to live in the same general area as white people.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2799 on: May 22, 2013, 01:30:01 pm »

Offline Reality Warper

• Bishop
« Reply #2800 on: May 22, 2013, 01:34:38 pm »

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2801 on: May 22, 2013, 01:52:17 pm »

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2802 on: May 22, 2013, 02:27:49 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #2803 on: May 22, 2013, 02:52:57 pm »

What the actual fuck?

This reminds me of Morbo.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is supposed to be a satire of actual anti-immigration propaganda.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2804 on: May 22, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »

I can't understand how debt works! Gee, thanks Obama!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR