Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669575 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3690 on: October 04, 2013, 12:43:57 am »
Apparently Obama has waved the mandate for some corps or somethign

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3691 on: October 04, 2013, 03:05:25 am »
-snip-

It's not that they don't 'qualify as normal'. It's that the health issues (without even considering the mental defects) associated with one of the only survivable trisomies are pretty major, and many parents who are aware of what their Down Syndrom baby's life is going to be like don't want to put them through it.

Funny how the glurgey 'inspirational' stories tend to feature children who (based on appearance in the ones I've seen that had pictures) have relatively mild cases.

That is in no way comparable to a grown woman chooses to dress as part of her celebrity persona.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3692 on: October 04, 2013, 03:58:42 am »
Once again, a woman does not want an abortion the same way as she wants a pedicure or shit like that. She wants it the same way an animal wants to free itself from a bear-trap or something else.

Of course, using that logic will once again invoke more strawman logic than the one I've tried (and presumably failed) to reason with.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3693 on: October 04, 2013, 08:56:57 am »
Can you determine severity of down syndrome in the womb since i mean there are a lot of minor cases

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3694 on: October 04, 2013, 11:23:54 am »
The very nature of Down Syndrome would indicate that it is next to impossible to know the severity of the case until the child is born.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3695 on: October 04, 2013, 05:12:08 pm »
Wow equating dressing the way you feel like to down syndrome by the way lady gaga does not dress how society views as normal

Plus, that's a normal baby.  DS has very obvious facial symptoms, and that baby's ears and eyes are normal.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3696 on: October 10, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

That baby is completely normal (and very white, and probably photoshopped). The "save the disabled babies because they're just different!" rhetoric is incredibly fucked up. My cousin has Sturge-Warner syndrome and KT syndrome (both very rare chromosomal abnormalities; he's the only person in the US with both) and his life isn't something I would wish on anybody. He will never live unassisted, he will never have a partner or spouse, and will almost certainly never hold down a normal job. His childhood was spent in and out of hospitals, schools for the disabled, and his parents' home. He has the intellect of a young child (he's nineteen), and he's constantly trotted out as an example of G-d's love or protection or whatever. My aunt and uncle have been under enormous strain, day in and day out, since before he was born. They will care for him until the day they die. If anyone here thinks that it's okay to value the life of someone/something who might never be able to have a full life over one that already has one, they have lost their fucking minds.

And Lady Gaga? Aside from her somewhat obnoxious fashion choices, she's pretty intelligent and well-spoken. I don't like her music or her dress, but I can respect her as an artist. Besides, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who considers her fashion sense normal. There's no fucking comparison.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3697 on: October 10, 2013, 04:35:58 pm »
Lady Gaga is trolling the fashion world, I am convinced. And she actually has them giving her street cred for being ballsy in her (mostly unbeknownst to them) mockery. Madonna and Bjork and others have done it at least on occasion for decades.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3698 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »

That baby is completely normal (and very white, and probably photoshopped). The "save the disabled babies because they're just different!" rhetoric is incredibly fucked up. My cousin has Sturge-Warner syndrome and KT syndrome (both very rare chromosomal abnormalities; he's the only person in the US with both) and his life isn't something I would wish on anybody. He will never live unassisted, he will never have a partner or spouse, and will almost certainly never hold down a normal job. His childhood was spent in and out of hospitals, schools for the disabled, and his parents' home. He has the intellect of a young child (he's nineteen), and he's constantly trotted out as an example of G-d's love or protection or whatever. My aunt and uncle have been under enormous strain, day in and day out, since before he was born. They will care for him until the day they die. If anyone here thinks that it's okay to value the life of someone/something who might never be able to have a full life over one that already has one, they have lost their fucking minds.

And Lady Gaga? Aside from her somewhat obnoxious fashion choices, she's pretty intelligent and well-spoken. I don't like her music or her dress, but I can respect her as an artist. Besides, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who considers her fashion sense normal. There's no fucking comparison.

Plus, the comparison falls flat. Gaga chooses to present herself that way, whereas someone with Downs Syndrome doesn't choose to be that way.
MR. APPLE, MEET MR. ORANGE!

Look closely, that cute baby does have a mild case of Down's Syndrome.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3699 on: October 10, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

I have a second cousin who's even worse. I don't know what she has, but she seemed more like an animal in a human body than anything else. She's also incapable of standing upright without support, and she has multiple seizures per day.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3700 on: October 12, 2013, 08:13:23 pm »
I could have respected Lady Gaga until she trotted out the tired old transphobia. And yes, I mean her. Not her critics doing it.

As it is, at this point I try to ignore her.

Also, as usual when fundies try to give me the tired spiel of 'what if you had been aborted' I often like to smile and say 'I wish I had been. But then, you tell me how you'd feel being in this body and knowing your mother could have ended all of that but didn't. Instead she and her high-as-a-kite boyfriend decided to give you up for adoption.'

I have ever had fundies claim that my living past the doctor's predicted time is proof of God's love. You'll understand if I usually burst out laughing.

And the poster's argument of normal falls flat considering everything else they deem abnormal.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3701 on: October 14, 2013, 02:30:53 pm »
  Citation needed btw I can swipe images from their facebook so we don't need to give them money

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3702 on: October 14, 2013, 02:48:21 pm »

I'm not sure what I think of "legal in certain circumstances". It could mean from making 3rd trimester illegel to only allowing abortions in the case of endangering the mothers's life. So 78% believe abortion should be restricted in some form, although we don't know what that form is. And 26% who believes abortion should be legal, is a lot more then 5%

Seems to be a 50-50 split.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3703 on: October 14, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »
@Cataclysm: That's far too fact-based.  In 'MURRICA, we only listen to half-arsed blanket statements, half-truths, and things dredged up from the deepest recesses of some scumbag's arse.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3704 on: October 15, 2013, 09:44:47 pm »
Spoilered for size:

(click to show/hide)

The hell does that even mean?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.