Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669889 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4170 on: January 03, 2014, 04:40:29 pm »
Funny how, during the Satanic Panic, the accusors believed more in magic than the accused. 

Exactly.

Of course, most of the accused weren't really Satanists to begin with.  Not even LaVeyan.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4171 on: January 03, 2014, 09:43:48 pm »

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:51:52 pm by KZN02 »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4172 on: January 04, 2014, 04:06:52 am »

In the first one, both were called terrorists.

In the second, Conservative women spend more time talking about Jesus while Conservative men talk about women's reproductive organs.  Liberal women are just defending themselves.

The third is just stupid.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4173 on: January 04, 2014, 03:56:47 pm »
It is incongruous to both hold that there is no magic, while believing in a being whose very existence can only logically be due to magic.  Its not "there's no Wiccan magic" or "there's no Voodoo magic," but "there's no magic, at all."  Yes, this is a phenomenon I've encountered exclusively in the Abrahamic faiths' practitioners.  If one kind of magic exists, then magic exists, in at least one form.

That may be what Christians say they believe, but what they really believe is "There's no magic except GAWD!"

Speaking from a former-Christian current-pagan perspective, a lot of what they do is magic, even if they deny it.  I'm not just talking about the liturgical churches such as Catholicism (which is more likely to believe in magic than any other denomination, I think) but also the evangelical churches, such as baptists.

And while this technically doesn't fall under "magic use" (though there's some debate about that), they'll certain use prayer like it's magic.

Incidentally, the closer a fundie was to the "Satanic Panic", the more likely they are to believe in magic, though they tend to view all non-Christian magic as being from Satan, so every witch/voodoo/hoodoo/eastern monk/whatever has made a deal with demons to achieve their magic.

Of course, this is speaking from someone familiar with both the concept of magic as applied in paganistic circles, and someone familiar with how fundies use prayer and faith.  Your mileage may vary.

I'm one of those "only G-d can do magic" believers. I should add that I see holding deities to the laws of physics to be rather silly. If there were other gods, they would also be able to do "magic".
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4174 on: January 04, 2014, 05:07:58 pm »
It is incongruous to both hold that there is no magic, while believing in a being whose very existence can only logically be due to magic.  Its not "there's no Wiccan magic" or "there's no Voodoo magic," but "there's no magic, at all."  Yes, this is a phenomenon I've encountered exclusively in the Abrahamic faiths' practitioners.  If one kind of magic exists, then magic exists, in at least one form.

That may be what Christians say they believe, but what they really believe is "There's no magic except GAWD!"

Speaking from a former-Christian current-pagan perspective, a lot of what they do is magic, even if they deny it.  I'm not just talking about the liturgical churches such as Catholicism (which is more likely to believe in magic than any other denomination, I think) but also the evangelical churches, such as baptists.

And while this technically doesn't fall under "magic use" (though there's some debate about that), they'll certain use prayer like it's magic.

Incidentally, the closer a fundie was to the "Satanic Panic", the more likely they are to believe in magic, though they tend to view all non-Christian magic as being from Satan, so every witch/voodoo/hoodoo/eastern monk/whatever has made a deal with demons to achieve their magic.

Of course, this is speaking from someone familiar with both the concept of magic as applied in paganistic circles, and someone familiar with how fundies use prayer and faith.  Your mileage may vary.

I'm one of those "only G-d can do magic" believers. I should add that I see holding deities to the laws of physics to be rather silly. If there were other gods, they would also be able to do "magic".

I hold all things to the known laws of the universe and of science.  Science has explained the world in a way that is, for me, much more satisfactory than what one gets with religion, which boils down to "god(s) did it."  Personally, I find it odd that people believe in a being that has yet to objectively prove that it exists, or for whom we've found objective proof of its being.  All "evidence" for gods that I've ever encountered boils down to "I just feel like there is one."  If that's how it is for you, that's all well and dandy, but I honestly...just don't get it.  I only believed in it when I did because I was a child and that's how things were, according to the adults in my life.

Unless proof that reality-bending powers are indeed possible comes to light, then I'll continue to hold so-called gods to the laws of the universe as I understand them.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #4175 on: January 04, 2014, 05:09:40 pm »

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #4176 on: January 04, 2014, 05:13:46 pm »

….

Who called cruz a terrorist?

Bloviating idiot.  But not terrorist.

It's like some cons aren't' even trying anymore.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
« Reply #4177 on: January 04, 2014, 06:28:12 pm »

….

Who called cruz a terrorist?

Bloviating idiot.  But not terrorist.

It's like some cons aren't' even trying anymore.
Googling says someone from msnbc called him a political terrorist.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4178 on: January 04, 2014, 06:48:00 pm »
Well the Tea Party is the American Taliban.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4179 on: January 04, 2014, 06:55:33 pm »
Yeah, one thing to note as well... calling someone a "political terrorist" means something rather different than calling them an actual "terrorist".

Then again, that's actually expecting some amount of accuracy from them.  Conservatives got pissed over Bashir saying "someone should shit in Palin's mouth" when he said no such thing.  He said that she should experience what it was like to be a black person in slavery (or was it the Jim Crow era?) before she so casually dismisses their experiences.  He mentioned that one such experience was the above.  And of course, conservatives, in their grand, reactionary glory, got pissed off.

And yet they have the gall to get indignant when a fake redneck says something bigoted towards gays and blacks and gets suspended.  Not fired.  Suspended.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4180 on: January 04, 2014, 07:14:14 pm »

lolatprolife responded best:

Do you actually think of this as something noteworthy that makes a point because it is a steaming pile of shit.

I have to call Poe.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4181 on: January 04, 2014, 07:17:00 pm »

Conservative woman are only able to think if the talking points are handed to them by Fox News whereas liberal women are concerned about stopping discrimination based on their reproductive organs.
A good post.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4182 on: January 04, 2014, 08:19:58 pm »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4183 on: January 05, 2014, 02:43:02 am »
... okay, I can't draw and *I* can do better than that!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4184 on: January 05, 2014, 03:06:23 am »
It may be parody, but it still belongs here because it's less amusing and so badly drawn that it makes my eyes bleed memories.