Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670615 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4425 on: February 08, 2014, 01:49:43 am »
OKAY EXPLODING NOW
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4426 on: February 08, 2014, 11:30:04 am »
Replace the "Jobs" tattoo with "Insurance Companies", add "Million$ of New Insured$ Premium$" below "Obama Care", lose the heroin cook spoon and replace it with a liquid multivitamin vial, title the cartoon, "A Shot in the Arm".

Okay, fuck it, too much work to fact check/correct that cartoon. Just trash it and start over.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4427 on: February 08, 2014, 07:00:39 pm »
Wow, dat's some bullshit right there.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4428 on: February 09, 2014, 01:16:43 pm »

You don't know what that means, do you?  It's "race-based", not "race-exclusive".

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4429 on: February 09, 2014, 02:24:13 pm »

You don't know what that means, do you?  It's "race-based", not "race-exclusive".

I see it as:

NEWSPAPER: Affirmative Action OK.

KLAN KLOWNS: Hey, Cletus! Lets start our own college so we can exclude non-whites!

I could be wrong but my interpretation wouldn't make it "Worst Political Cartoon" material.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4430 on: February 09, 2014, 02:28:17 pm »

I see it as:

KLAN KLOWNS: Hey, Cletus! Lets start our own college so we can exclude non-whites!

I could be wrong but my interpretation wouldn't make it "Worst Political Cartoon" material.

Well, from what I see, it's comparing Affirmative Action to the times when colleges banned people based on religion and ethnicity.  There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of AA, but this is just plain dumb.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4431 on: February 11, 2014, 05:44:44 pm »

But these are the same people who would have no problem with internment camps for Muslims, atheists, etc.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4432 on: February 11, 2014, 05:57:48 pm »

Using events from entirely different circumstances from an entirely different era over 70 years ago - ignoring the massive shifts in accepted social, political, moral and ethicall standards since then - as evidence of what the government is up to now.

I don't think you're crazy, I just think you're an idiot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 06:00:31 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4433 on: February 11, 2014, 06:19:01 pm »

I see it as:

Well, from what I see, it's comparing Affirmative Action to the times when colleges banned people based on religion and ethnicity.  There are plenty of legitimate criticisms of AA, but this is just plain dumb.

Having a thread discussing criticisms of AA would make for an interesting yet controversial thread (and one that hopefully wouldn't devolve into a flamewar).
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4434 on: February 14, 2014, 10:39:14 am »

What the hell is a "Christianist"?

But more important, people have died because of fanatical atheists.  Look at Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4435 on: February 14, 2014, 11:09:10 am »

But more important, people have died because of fanatical atheists.  Look at Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

You're really going to beat this dead horse? Really?

I'm going to let the more articulate members of this board handle this one because quite frankly I'm sick of saying the same shit over and over again in respones to the same old arguments, and my headache is making me cranky and I'll probably just embarrass myself by resorting to swearing instead of forming coherent retorts.

But I will agree "Christianists" is a  fucking stupid made up word.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4436 on: February 14, 2014, 11:46:50 am »

Militant Muslims and Christians kill for their religion and their beliefs. Stalin, Mao etc did not kill in the name of atheism. They were tyrannical dictators who killed and purged people who decided to oppose them. There have been religious leaders in history who have done the same. In this case it has nothing to do with religious beliefs and more to do with power, fear and control.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4437 on: February 14, 2014, 12:24:09 pm »
Seriously Paragon please stop acting like Dynamic

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4438 on: February 14, 2014, 02:50:11 pm »

Militant Muslims and Christians kill for their religion and their beliefs. Stalin, Mao etc did not kill in the name of atheism. They were tyrannical dictators who killed and purged people who decided to oppose them. There have been religious leaders in history who have done the same. In this case it has nothing to do with religious beliefs and more to do with power, fear and control.

I am "this"ing this so hard that I had to bold for emphasis the most important parts of this.

...Incidentally, I'm wondering what a militant pagan would look like.

My best guess would probably be something along the lines of an ecoterrorist.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4439 on: February 14, 2014, 03:10:11 pm »
...Incidentally, I'm wondering what a militant pagan would look like.

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."