Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669807 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4755 on: April 29, 2014, 11:05:23 am »
To be fair, both sides do it.

RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4756 on: April 29, 2014, 04:57:29 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #4757 on: April 29, 2014, 05:40:04 pm »

44.5% unemployment rate up from...40.5% in 2007!

As for the President playing golf thing...where were these knuckle-dragging cretins when Bush did the exact same thing?

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4758 on: April 29, 2014, 06:21:00 pm »

If he had had gun then he would be unable to draw it in time, and if he did one of the two would have ended up dead. Here he'll just describe the man who mugged him without a mask in broad daylight to the police.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4759 on: April 29, 2014, 11:24:27 pm »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4760 on: May 01, 2014, 11:23:16 am »

As for the President playing golf thing...where were these knuckle-dragging cretins when Bush did the exact same thing?

That chart doesn't show the unemployment rate.  The highest unemployment rate under Obama was 9.9 percent, which happened in November of 2009.  Whoever made that chart is either stupid, lying, or both.

Here is the real unemployment timeline from the exact same source:  http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/UNRATE

Oh, and the unemployment rate during the Depression was well over 20 percent.  Saying that Obama oversaw Depression-era levels of unemployment is grossly inaccurate.  Saying Reagan-era levels would be more accurate (unemployment peaked at 10.8 percent in December 1982, the highest that it has been since the Depression).

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4761 on: May 01, 2014, 11:26:39 am »

He's half right.  There's a surprising amount of Anti-Semitism among African-Americans.  However, this is a reason to both address problems African-Americans face as well as Anti-Semitism in their communities.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4762 on: May 01, 2014, 11:54:32 am »

That chart doesn't show the unemployment rate.  The highest unemployment rate under Obama was 9.9 percent, which happened in November of 2009.  Whoever made that chart is either stupid, lying, or both.

Here is the real unemployment timeline from the exact same source:  http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/UNRATE

Oh, and the unemployment rate during the Depression was well over 20 percent.  Saying that Obama oversaw Depression-era levels of unemployment is grossly inaccurate.  Saying Reagan-era levels would be more accurate (unemployment peaked at 10.8 percent in December 1982, the highest that it has been since the Depression).

The copy above is the closest I could get the interactive Federal Reserve economic Data graph to match the OP's version. He/she must have input more data sorts than I did, possibly the "16 and older" sort, which I did not find after a very brief look-see,  Or, as I strongly suspect as does everyone else here - it's a piece of photoshopped bullshit.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4763 on: May 01, 2014, 03:55:45 pm »
The graph that conservativeamericans.org only excludes active duty military personnel and people who are imprisoned.  The unemployment rate should also exclude everybody who isn't actively seeking a job, such as retired people, full time students, disabled people, homemakers, and so on.  It's entirely possible that it's real (though I couldn't find it either), but even if it is, it is extremely misleading, as it includes people who are not even part of the labor force.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4764 on: May 01, 2014, 04:08:03 pm »
The graph that conservativeamericans.org only excludes active duty military personnel and people who are imprisoned.  The unemployment rate should also exclude everybody who isn't actively seeking a job, such as retired people, full time students, disabled people, homemakers, and so on.  It's entirely possible that it's real (though I couldn't find it either), but even if it is, it is extremely misleading, as it includes people who are not even part of the labor force.

The unemployment rate is pretty arbitrarily defined anyway...

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4765 on: May 01, 2014, 06:01:18 pm »
Very true, but that's not the issue here.  As flawed as the definition of unemployment is, it still has a real definition that actually means something.  When they claim that there is a 44.5% unemployment rate, their intention is clearly to mislead people.  If they were being honest, they could have showed this chart, which combines the unemployed; the underemployed; and people who are want jobs and are capable of working, but haven't actively looked in the past four weeks.

This more reasonable unemployed/underemployed measurement still only peaked at 17.2 percent, which is about 2/3 of the Great Depression level unemployment (and unemployment alone) that the cartoon claimed existed.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4766 on: May 01, 2014, 09:50:36 pm »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4767 on: May 02, 2014, 01:24:07 am »
Am I the only person unable to tell any but the most stereotypical-looking Jew apart from someone of European descent?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4768 on: May 02, 2014, 01:34:57 am »
Am I the only person unable to tell any but the most stereotypical-looking Jew apart from someone of European descent?
No.

And if they are dressed like a rabbi or Orthodox jew then how do I know if they converted into Judaism or if they are an "ethnic jew?" (Or if they're dressed for halloween for that matter.)

Well, maybe if they have the most stereotypical jewish nose in the history, but that would still be an assumption.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4769 on: May 04, 2014, 10:29:54 am »

Um, no.  Muslims consider Jesus to be one of the great prophets.