Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1668863 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4860 on: June 21, 2014, 06:28:09 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4861 on: June 21, 2014, 06:36:55 pm »
Oh for fuck's sake.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4862 on: June 21, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »
Oh Mallard, your transparent attempts to hide your seething, hot rage towards all who sodomize our land is so wacky! ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 07:56:25 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4863 on: June 21, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »
I don't think "hater" was ever used to dehumanize an entire group.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4864 on: June 21, 2014, 08:02:27 pm »
I don't think "hater" was ever used to dehumanize an entire group.
Don't be so quick to dismiss him, thanks to the PC libetard she can't even go on long, drunken, rants about how blacks are parasites and thugs without being called an hateful asshole!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4865 on: June 21, 2014, 08:32:01 pm »

Hey we've got the perfect replacement name!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4866 on: June 21, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »
Also, upon looking closer, it looks like the downed person is ambiguously brown with features associated with the Redskins mascot.

They're actually trying to paint this as anti-Native American, and they still manage to be racist towards them while at it.  Un-fucking-believable.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #4867 on: June 21, 2014, 11:05:43 pm »
Oh look his helmet says "PC" on it!
Get it, because the crazed pc-police are preventing us from saying racial swears!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4868 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:00 pm »
Hilariously enough, when I see "PC" I can't help but think "Progressive Conservative", which of course is/was a right-wing party...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4869 on: June 21, 2014, 11:13:51 pm »
Hilariously enough, when I see "PC" I can't help but think "Progressive Conservative", which of course is/was a right-wing party...

Seriously? Wouldn't "progressive conservative" be an oxymoron?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4870 on: June 21, 2014, 11:17:20 pm »

Welcome to Canada.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4871 on: June 21, 2014, 11:37:08 pm »

Yep! The federal party dropped the "progressive" a bunch of years back, but Ontario at least (and I think at least a few other provinces) still have a provincial Progressive Conservative party. Even in grade five I thought that was an oxymoron, and that was back when I thought conservatives would be the types to care about CONSERVing the environment, so shows what I know, eh?

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4872 on: June 22, 2014, 12:03:15 am »

The names of political parties/movements can be weird. E.g. "liberal" and "libertarian" are basically the same word (etymologically derived from "liberty").
Σא

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4873 on: June 22, 2014, 12:14:49 am »
To expand on the matter, what had happened was that around the end of WWII, the Progressive Party and the Conservative Party were both in dire electoral straits, to the point where the Conservatives couldn't even get anyone to be the party leader. So they asked the leader of the Progressive Party to be their leader and merge the two parties; he agreed on the condition that the parties' names be merged as well. Hence, the Progressive Conservative Party.

Much later, in the 1988 election, a protest party, the Reform Party, ran candidates in Western Canada. They didn't win any seats, but they did pick up a by-election later in that Parliament. In 1993 they completely supplanted the Progressive Conservatives in the West. Between the 1997 and 2000 elections the Reform Party changed its name to the Canadian Alliance in an attempt to lure PC MPs to them; it didn't really work and after the 2000 election the parties merged outright to form the Conservative Party (originally the Conservative Reform Alliance Party, and they've lived up to the acronym). This made some MPs jump ship to the Liberal Party, while a few others sat as independents for the remainder of that Parliament.

As I recall, the Progressive Conservatives liked to bill themselves as "fiscally conservative, socially progressive".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4874 on: June 22, 2014, 09:23:14 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmuQbXOpkok" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmuQbXOpkok</a>