Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670651 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5655 on: May 03, 2015, 12:09:29 pm »
Also, I haven't seen anyone saying ALL cops are abusive. Just that those who are aren't being stopped by those who aren't.

They are in some places.Charleston, for instance.  Michael Slager was fired, and he's been charged with murder.
Okay, first, it doesn't matter what people say about cops. Cops aren't an enthnic group or nationality, their a fucking line of emoloyment. Saying that cops suck is no different than saying lawyers are greedy or politician are corrupt.

I'd like you to remember that the next time somebody criticizes civil rights activists.

As far as I'm concerned if a group that has been bullied by cops for the past 150 years is going to hate cops that's fine.

No, it isn't.  All it does is create a vicious cycle of animosity.  Fact is, African-Americans have every right to be angry at the police, but this is a problem that can only be solved through actual dialogue and cooperation.  I know that we should beware of false equivalences and the middle ground fallacy, but taking it for granted that the responsibility for fixing the problem rests entirely on one party's shoulders ain't any better.

Furthermore, calling people monsters accomplishes nothing, which is something I've touched on before.

Secondly, wow, an officer who was caught on tape shooting a fleeing unarmed man and planting evidence afterwards now faces the possibility of getting some sort of punishment. THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

He's already been punished!  He was fucking fired!  And he's going on trial!  What, would you rather he get lynched by an angry mob?

In fact, let's change that around:

...wow, an uppity thug who was caught on tape shooting a cop in cold blood now faces the possibility of getting some sort of punishment. THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

You see?

And the reason that cartoon is bullshit is because
1. I have never seen any black guy on the news ever say cops are bad, like, ever.

Not in so many words, no.  But "dog-whistle terms" have never been unique to the establishment.

2. The reason it's bullshit is because it's pushing the crap about how the misunderstandings and prejudices blacks have about white are just as harmfull as the ones white people have about blacks.

Tell that to Colin Ferguson's victims.  Or white Zimbabweans.  Or the people massacred in Haiti. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_Haiti_massacre

They may not be "just as harmful", at least in the U.S., but they're still harmful.  You can calculate privilege all you want, but at the end of the day, they're still dead because of racism.

White people cant act like we have any seriouse grievances towards black people, but black people
have been brutally oppressed by the white establishment for 400+ years.

Jews have been oppressed for millennia, but that doesn't stop people from calling a Jew out when he/she says something less than stellar.
1.what?

2. You're right, while cops need to stop brutally raping and murdering black people then getting away scott free (with a paid vacation in the process), black people need to uhhh, stop saying mean things about cops.

To put that in non snarky terms: I don't feel that African American distrust of cops can be considered to cause police abuse.
If we were referring to racial conflicts in countries like Sudan or the former Yugoslavia I could understand the idea of feeling both sides play some role in ending violence (granted I would still dislike the cartoons portrayal of both blacks and whites for being equally at fault).

3.Okay, first off, getting fired isn't adequate punishment for shooting someone.
 secondly ARE YOU TRYING TO MISS THE POINT HERE? What I am saying is that cops almost never get punished for killing people, the fact one cop might face any jail time after shooting a fleeing suspect on camera (I doubt he will after what happened with Eric Garner) doesn't mean the situation is ok, or even getting that much better really.
Also, GETTING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING =/= GETTING CONVICTED, why is that so fucking hard for people to understand?

4. Examples please?

5. I know what the Hati massacre is. I've read the danm page before.
And I suppose I should clarify here: what I meant was "In America ect. ect."

6. I said black people as in, African Americans as a whole.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 04:49:21 pm by I am lizard »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5656 on: May 03, 2015, 05:08:47 pm »
Lizard you're still not getting it.  This cartoon ain't that bad.  It's actually pretty fair and balanced.  Notice that both commentors are talking about "Those".  Not "All" but a select group.  It's pretty good at delivering it's message.

Ironbite-not sure why it's here.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5657 on: May 03, 2015, 05:32:44 pm »
Ok.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5658 on: May 04, 2015, 10:48:03 am »

Wut?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5659 on: May 04, 2015, 11:08:02 am »
It started out so well describing the "redpills". It only got worse from there.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5660 on: May 04, 2015, 11:09:06 am »
Iron pill? What, he shoots metal pellets outta his ass? Or, just rusty sharts?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #5661 on: May 04, 2015, 11:21:12 am »
That looks... not serious.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5662 on: May 04, 2015, 02:28:30 pm »
Here is an old one:
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5663 on: May 04, 2015, 03:05:53 pm »
Here is an old one:

"Those negroes need to stop using violence to solve their problems!"

"BOMB RUSSIA! MORE NUKES! KILL THOSE RICE MUNCHING GOOKS!"

Actually, when I think about it, that kind of double think is still common today.

For instance, I've seen a ton of political cartoonists condemn the violence in Baltimore and Ferguson despite simultaneously promoting invading and bombing other countries and militarizing the police force.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:14:48 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5664 on: May 04, 2015, 03:15:28 pm »
Here is an old one:

What planet was the cartoonist living on?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5665 on: May 04, 2015, 03:33:13 pm »
Here is an old one:

Bizarroworld. King & his protesters were peaceful. It's the cops that caused mayhem.

The cartoonist is probably lying through his drawing pens!

Then, there's the writing that the person who clipped this, long ago jotted down in blue ball-point.....

How can you, a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, be such a decietful hypocrite? You're not fooling anyone but yourself in your nauseating talk about non-violence.
You demand a program to overcome poverty and.....
[having a hard time reading the rest]

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5666 on: May 04, 2015, 06:06:22 pm »
Here is an old one:

This one. Fact is, as much as we glorify MLK today, you have to remember that in the sixties he was reviled by a lot of organizations as a rabble-rouser who just had to raise a stink. And it should be noted that to disparage Dr. King, people mischaracterized his movements as violent--in much the same way that our conservative press does about the protests in Ferguson, or Baltimore, or Cleveland, or.....
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5667 on: May 04, 2015, 11:46:04 pm »
[pill picture snipped]

Wut?

Looks like an extended version of this thing that showed up before. Presumably by someone other than the original "green pill".

Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5668 on: May 06, 2015, 10:12:06 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5669 on: May 06, 2015, 11:45:26 am »
I don't see what they're complaining about.  Free poultry is free poultry.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.