Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1669521 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5850 on: September 06, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »
I still hate the fact that jobs that are considered "social work", which are dominated by women are paid shit wages(especially if it something like taking care of the Elderly).

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5853 on: September 06, 2015, 08:10:08 pm »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #5854 on: September 06, 2015, 09:03:19 pm »

What do I want you to do?  I want you to stop trying to whitewash your history.

In the history of any society, there will be things that you can be proud of and things that you should be ashamed of.  Don't pretend that the bad things didn't happen, or worse, rewrite the narrative so that slavery and genocide, some of the worst atrocities that one group of humans has ever inflicted upon another, somehow become a point of pride.  You don't have to be "ashamed of your heritage," but you must acknowledge that your ancestors and their neighbors did some shitty things.  Recognize that you, personally, benefit from many of these things; while other people, especially minorities and the poor, still suffer as a direct consequence of them.  Finally, and this is the important part, stop blocking attempts to rectify this injustice.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5855 on: September 07, 2015, 10:24:47 am »

In the history of any society, there will be things that you can be proud of and things that you should be ashamed of.  Don't pretend that the bad things didn't happen, or worse, rewrite the narrative so that slavery and genocide, some of the worst atrocities that one group of humans has ever inflicted upon another, somehow become a point of pride.  You don't have to be "ashamed of your heritage," but you must acknowledge that your ancestors and their neighbors did some shitty things.  Recognize that you, personally, benefit from many of these things; while other people, especially minorities and the poor, still suffer as a direct consequence of them.  Finally, and this is the important part, stop blocking attempts to rectify this injustice.

Exactly! I'm proud of being mostly Italian but I still acknowledge my ancestral homeland giving the world The Medicis, The Mafia & Mussolini. All nations and ethnicities have good & bad in them.

There's modest, sensible pride....and then there's crazy Jingoist, Nationalist pride. Bigots have the latter.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5856 on: September 07, 2015, 10:28:04 am »

I remember some bigoted W.S. claptrap trying to refute the list of black inventors and innovators. However, I couldn't find a reasonable refutation of THAT! I tried looking for the latter but kept getting the former. Somebody surely must've written the latter somewhere! *ARGH!*

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5857 on: September 08, 2015, 05:26:14 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5858 on: September 08, 2015, 11:15:33 pm »

You know, I would love to take every bigot and crappy bigot cartoonist and ship them to Pluto!

Maybe someone should do a spoof of these things but with bigots as the weirdly-rendered hate-objects.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5859 on: September 09, 2015, 10:30:45 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5860 on: September 09, 2015, 10:33:07 am »
Well, holocaust denial implications aside, that is indeed correct. Someone who's lived in America since 1932 and claims to be a holocaust survivor is almost certainly full of shit.

Even Then

« Reply #5861 on: September 09, 2015, 10:33:30 am »
She... could've been visiting family? Left something back home?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5862 on: September 09, 2015, 10:40:47 am »
The holocaust didn't actually kick off until after the US entered WWII, so heading back for a quick visit wouldn't exactly be an option.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5863 on: September 09, 2015, 11:55:17 am »
The holocaust didn't actually kick off until after the US entered WWII, so heading back for a quick visit wouldn't exactly be an option.

It's true the industrialized gassing didn't start until 1942, but the Germans were trying to kill the Jews before that.  Herding them into ghettos and letting disease take its toll, working them to death in labor camps, or just murdering them with death squads were all methods used.  Furthermore, even before the Wannsee Conference, gas vans were used to kill Jews.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5864 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:32 pm »
Fair point.