Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 642536 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1755 on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:03 pm »
If you're self-conscious, can't you just buy the toys off the internet? I don't think I'd have the nerve to walk into a store, pick 'em up and hand them to the cashier.

My father already has enough to deal with, what with the fact that I'm gay and in a relationship (which he knows about now)

I don't want to add "playing with little girls' toys" to the list of things he has to deal with.  It's a lot easier to smuggle in toys from the store than it is to hide the box that something I ordered comes in.  (Plus I tend to use the internet for things I can't find locally, rather than vice versa)

That being said, it's good to break your comfort zone now and then.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1756 on: February 18, 2013, 01:22:03 am »
If you're self-conscious, can't you just buy the toys off the internet? I don't think I'd have the nerve to walk into a store, pick 'em up and hand them to the cashier.

That's how I got my brushable Mcdonalds toys.  Well, other then handing them to the cashier.  I had to ask for them behind the counter.  As in, you can buy them independent of a happy meal.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1757 on: February 18, 2013, 02:32:56 am »
I got one of the McDonald's Mario toys that way, actually.  Asking for it and buying it independently of the happy meal.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

• The Beast
« Reply #1758 on: February 18, 2013, 03:04:43 am »
I got one of the McDonald's Mario toys that way, actually.  Asking for it and buying it independently of the happy meal.

Oh yeah?  Neat.

I got Celestia (from the year last), Rarity (from the year last as well), Twilight, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Cheerilee, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Lily Blossom, and Applejack.  Note that the first two are stand toys, and the others are clippable to things like...backpacks and such.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1759 on: February 18, 2013, 04:22:34 pm »
I can't wait to see what they do with Alicorn Twilight in season 4.  (No, I'm not spoilering that.  It's been all over the Internet for weeks now, and the episode has already aired.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1760 on: February 18, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »
I'm still hoping for some scenes with Rainbow Dash teaching her how to fly.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1761 on: February 18, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »
I see that the half as long season had a half as long as should have been episode. For a episode that was basically a musical, and played out like a stage musical (Complete with jumping around to set pieces as opposed to making a continuous story), I think it was fairly good. If it wasn't for the fact it felt like they put hyper drives on it. If it wasn't a musical, I'd probably say it was a lot worse.

I used toys to play wargames as a kid, and would probably do so again if I was given a chance. Thus playmobils, action figures, micro-machines, and legos were ideal for that. The barbie I had got its hair burned off. I have no interest in purchasing pony toys, though purchasing a Tardis mug has come to me.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1762 on: February 18, 2013, 05:52:46 pm »
So I managed to pick up a dual pack for about $4 cheaper than it should've been thanks to a clerical error.  I was actually fine with paying the full price, but the manager there ended up reimbursing me the difference after I brought it up for future reference.

So... I now have Princess Luna and Rarity :D I'm actually quite the fan of both of them, and Tabitha is definitely one of my favorite VAs.

As far as buying it goes... no one said anything.  No one even looked at me funny.  If they thought it, they were good at hiding their thoughts.  And it wasn't all that harrowing, either.  It felt pretty ... well, not natural, but certainly not that hard.

The key was not to make excuses right off the bat :D

• The Beast
« Reply #1763 on: February 18, 2013, 06:00:04 pm »
Just remember Zachski:  With the brony fandom's size, you're not the only one out there gobbling up pony toys. :P

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1764 on: February 18, 2013, 06:19:00 pm »
Just remember Zachski:  With the brony fandom's size, you're not the only one out there gobbling up pony toys. :P

I know.  I'm just surprised there's that many bronies in this part of Wisconsin XD

Also, trying to brush Luna's hair resulting in becoming crazy and magnificent all at once.  The little spritely stuff is kinda neat, too.  In the meantime, I've managed to contain it in a barrette.  Hopefully it won't break free and devour the world.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1765 on: February 18, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »

I know.  I'm just surprised there's that many bronies in this part of Wisconsin XD

Also, trying to brush Luna's hair resulting in becoming crazy and magnificent all at once.  The little spritely stuff is kinda neat, too.  In the meantime, I've managed to contain it in a barrette.  Hopefully it won't break free and devour the world.

Would it be such a bad way to go?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• The Beast
« Reply #1766 on: February 18, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »
You know, I know these videos are technically out of date at this point, but I still really enjoy CR's retrospective on the franchise.  I'll just leave these here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2aIA6nOiw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2aIA6nOiw</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZlXfpWXFo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtZlXfpWXFo</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59z3Hv0uR8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k59z3Hv0uR8</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrW3MxUN69Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrW3MxUN69Q</a>

I just adore these videos so much because of the perspective they offer.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1767 on: February 18, 2013, 08:14:19 pm »
Finally got a chance to watch the episode. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little liquid pride in my eyes.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1768 on: February 18, 2013, 08:16:25 pm »
*pats John and offers a tissue*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• The Beast
« Reply #1769 on: February 19, 2013, 01:21:31 am »
Okay you know what?

I'm hoping some bronies leave the fandom over this.  We could do with less bronies.

I honestly can't believe these people ever got into the show in the first place with the attitude they're displaying about this episode.  I'm not saying everyone who is nay-saying the episode is bad, but a lot of them are just... petty and whiney.  (Present company excepted, because even if I disagree, at least that opinion is well thought out)

This is a very polarizing episode, too.  Most people seem to either love it or hate it, I've encountered very few people with any in-between opinion.

You know, I have seen plenty of brony behavior recently, and this is so incredibly true.  The fandom is turning on its own because of fucking CANDY-COLORED PONIES.  Of all the things to get butthurt about, it had to be this.

Seeing the fandom go through this is sad, but maybe a purge would be for the best.  Gilda ditched RD because of bad attitude, and IMO there's a lot of Gilda's in this fandom.

Edit:  Holy balls.  Holy freaking balls.  Drawfriend 720 is 102 images long.  Furthermore, only one is saucy (and mild, IMO).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 01:26:22 am by B-Man »