Author Topic: 14-Year-Old Pregnant Rape Victim Being Slut-Shamed  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
14-Year-Old Pregnant Rape Victim Being Slut-Shamed
« on: June 12, 2013, 05:02:05 pm »
Link

mors running through this small town.

That uninformed reaction to a pregnancy at 13 is no real surprise. People here see a child having a child and are appalled.

What they don’t know is the back story: The pregnancy is the result of a sexual assault, a fact hidden behind the curtain of privacy that cloaks juvenile court proceedings in Indiana.

So the taunts, the gossip — and worse — continue.

Slurs scribbled on the garage doors at the girl’s home have been painted over, but their faint outlines — and the sting — still linger. They are remnants of repeated vandalism at the girl’s home after she told police that an older neighborhood boy had raped her.

I want to vomit directly into the lungs of her harassers.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: 14-Year-Old Pregnant Rape Victim Being Slut-Shamed
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:27:47 pm »

That is perhaps the best sentiment I have ever heard in reaction to slut-shaming.

And I agree with it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:03:55 pm »
Slut-shaming is bullshit anyway, but this? I'd love to know how these motherfuckers would feel if they were raped and shamed over it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 06:05:50 pm »

That is perhaps the best sentiment I have ever heard in reaction to slut-shaming.

And I agree with it.

I concur! Let's start barfing!

I hope someone helps this girl. I don't want to see another suicide!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 06:59:48 pm »
Just disgusting.

wrightway

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:02:20 pm »
The fact the male in this case has been running free the whole time kind of kills what little faith you have left in humanity.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:06:26 pm »
I hope she's helped. I don't want to read the article but are there any words of hope in this? Is she getting a lawyer? Anything?

wrightway

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 07:17:47 pm »
Not really. The mother was forced to come forward because of the slut shaming. Two other girls were raped. The rapist was tried as a juvenile so the maximum he'll get is time until he's 21. He may only get probation. And the girl has given up her dreams of being a veterinarian for trade school because she refused the abortion her mother offered.

I hope the rapist gets hit by a bus.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:27:00 pm »
Not really. The mother was forced to come forward because of the slut shaming. Two other girls were raped. The rapist was tried as a juvenile so the maximum he'll get is time until he's 21. He may only get probation. And the girl has given up her dreams of being a veterinarian for trade school because she refused the abortion her mother offered.

I hope the rapist gets hit by a bus.

She should get a lawyer & she should peruse her dreams! Give the baby up for adoption or have mom watch it while she's at work or doing the vet thing! So this poor girls gonna let a weak pansy male ruin her life? I can't believe this girl is just gonna give up! At least mom's doing something! She's telling the story! Perhaps Mom will be strong & solve this.

A navy-lady beats the snot out of a would-be rapist on a bus but a teen rape survivor gives up! It's heart-breaking! She needs strength.

This poor girl could learn from the navy-lady! Get counseling! Emotionally heal! Become a vet! Have mom or a sitter watch your baby when you have to study & be a vet! Get a lawyer & put that boy in his place! He raped others! Time for some of that powerful Shakti-Female justice! If you can't get him criminally, sue him & take EVERYTHING HE & HIS PARENTS HAVE!

I'll bet this is some southern red state hick town where everyone's related many-times over to each other & have names like Jim-Bob & Mary-Lou-Mae. Where else would a serial rapist get off with a slap on a wrist & the women have no will to fight?! I hate the Kyriarchy! I want to take all of these sexist excuses for males, put them in a giant pen in a desert in New Mexico (where the tests were done) & NUKE them! Give the planet to the ladies & the real men who aren't sexist pigs! ARGH!

Okay, that was extreme & wrong in an ethical sense but I'm just using hyperbole here! If these freaks who pass for human males can't grow up and act like real human beings, then...*AAARGH!*

Put them all on an island & let them fend for themselves, then the real men can stay in the normal world with the rest of use and we'll finally have a better world!

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:51:22 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 07:40:01 pm »
Please do not call her a wimp.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 07:50:03 pm »
Please do not call her a wimp.

Sorry about that. That was insensitive on my part. I just hate seeing a person who gives up on everything because some cretin did god-knows what with them. Her finding a way to heal & triumph in her life would mean that he lost! The more she gives up, the more he wins. Doesn't she understand this? She needs some good counseling, she needs to heal. She needs help. She also needs to do everything she can to fight this guy. He raped others. He's a menace to society!

I just want to give her a big hug & tell her that she's beautiful, powerful, loved, strong, a survivor & NOT a victim. Rape is a nasty crime & I hate seeing this slug of a male get off scot free to rape others while this girl's life is ruined.

If this guy was a burglar, bank robber, murderer, etc. would they give him a slap on the wrist? I'd doubt it. But because it's a rape, folks could care less! Is this freak a super-rich football star? Where is this town, Hicksville USA? The Mid-East, Indonesia? Africa? A serial rapist is on the lose and these folks don't care!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:52:57 pm by SpukiKitty »

wrightway

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 07:50:34 pm »
Yeah, calling her a wimp is as bad as those who call her a whore. It's a small, Midwestern town. Probably very religious. And, I could be wrong, but the girl seems to think her mother's option was murder.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »
Yeah, calling her a wimp is as bad as those who call her a whore. It's a small, Midwestern town. Probably very religious. And, I could be wrong, but the girl seems to think her mother's option was murder.

Is there anything we can do? Spread the word? Write petitions? Are folks just going to let this slide? What's it going to take to get folks calling for this boy's head, a rape & murder of a sweet, elderly, beloved pastor's wife? Burn down a church? Drop an atom bomb?

For normal people, a serial rapist on the lose would be a huge concern.

Mom & daughter need to move to a blue state & start over.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:45 pm »
This is exactly why I hate the human race sometimes.  Little girl gets raped and becomes pregnant, so mock the pregnant victim.  I seriously just cannot understand that line of thinking.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 12:43:30 am »
This is exactly why I hate the human race sometimes.  Little girl gets raped and becomes pregnant, so mock the pregnant victim.  I seriously just cannot understand that line of thinking.

GIRL SHOULDA KEPT 'ER LEGS SHUT (which of course, getting raped, is impossible).

I also want to mention how much I despise the "keep your legs shut" analogy, that I just want to do... horrible things, to whoever says and thinks that.