Community > Society and History

The crazy stuff people say on the net

<< < (66/67) > >>

RavynousHunter:
Jonathan Pie did make a good point that banning Trump could end up doing more harm than good.  Basically, it'd legitimize him in the eyes of many of the undecided and outright lionize him in the eye of his fans, galvanizing them and making them even more likely to commit terrorist acts.  It confirms their fears and makes him a living martyr to their cause.

Of course, its a serious balancing act between keeping these dumb monkeys where we can see 'em and not allowing people to incite violence on a platform as public and accessible as Twitter.

davedan:

--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on January 09, 2021, 03:36:52 am ---
--- Quote from: Skybison on January 09, 2021, 01:17:32 am ----snip-

--- End quote ---
Variously compares Trump's bad habit to an extrajudicial killing of a man by police and a terrorist attack where thousands died in a day.

Is he out of cluelessness and hyperbole yet?  Surely there's room for the bubonic plague, how about the asteroid strike that wiped out the dinosaurs?

--- End quote ---

Hmm I wonder how else the President of the United States could get his message out without Twitter? I mean we all remember Reagan's famous tweets...The guys got a fucking press secretary for fucks sake, even now were he to call a press conference he would have more press than flies on roo poo

Tolpuddle Martyr:

--- Quote from: davedan on January 10, 2021, 01:20:21 am ---
--- Quote from: Tolpuddle Martyr on January 09, 2021, 03:36:52 am ---
--- Quote from: Skybison on January 09, 2021, 01:17:32 am ----snip-

--- End quote ---
Variously compares Trump's bad habit to an extrajudicial killing of a man by police and a terrorist attack where thousands died in a day.

Is he out of cluelessness and hyperbole yet?  Surely there's room for the bubonic plague, how about the asteroid strike that wiped out the dinosaurs?

--- End quote ---

Hmm I wonder how else the President of the United States could get his message out without Twitter? I mean we all remember Reagan's famous tweets...The guys got a fucking press secretary for fucks sake, even now were he to call a press conference he would have more press than flies on roo poo

--- End quote ---
I reckon even his most sycophantic advisors would be trying to keep him far away from the press.

Though it would be entertaining to watch

ironbite:
The only reason Trump used Twitter as his primary means of public communication is that nobody questioned him on it.  To his face I mean.  Look at all the press conferences he attended where the reporters asked actual questions.  The man fled from simple questions.  He cannot stand being questioned at all.

Ironbite-guess that's why he tried a coup.

Tolpuddle Martyr:
Yeah, I can see that. Him being faced with hard questions about his role in the 'beer gut putsch' probably wouldn't make him too comfy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version