Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 858092 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #3030 on: February 02, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »
Despite being a legal adult and thus not needing to sneak out, I snuck out of the house to, ahem, spend time with Bitemark Guy. I continue to be surprised at how cuddly we are, but I'm not complaining. And you know what they say about guys who play musical instruments...

Depends: is it a string or a wind instrument?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3031 on: February 02, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »
Both, actually: violin and saxophone of all things. I will say that, from my experience, percussionists avert the "musicians are good in bed" trope (but from my experience percussionists aren't really musicians anyway, so I guess it evens out).

Edit: since the next question has a significant chance of being "well what do YOU play?": piano, claranet, guitar, ocarina.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 07:31:52 pm by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3032 on: February 02, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »
I have finally started working on a fanfiction I abandoned a few years ago and I redid the first chapter.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #3033 on: February 02, 2014, 10:45:31 pm »
Seahawks won. (Consequently I won $20, now I can get that nice alpaca yarn I've been eyeing. Plus a little regional pride.)
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #3034 on: February 03, 2014, 08:14:53 pm »
And with the conclusion of last night's finale, I no longer have to hear constant football talk.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3035 on: February 05, 2014, 12:59:53 pm »
My boss apologized to us for being a jerk the other day.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3036 on: February 05, 2014, 03:57:12 pm »
I have a job interview tomorrow!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3037 on: February 10, 2014, 01:13:58 am »
Fuckin' finally!

I finished the cuts of the video that's going to be playing at the CONEXPO booth for my company. I had to take the videos of the crane rodeos from the past two years, both made by the same videographer, and cut them into a coherent video. Why did I need to do that? Because the jackhole decided to be lazy this past November while filming the 2013 rodeo: shot everything quickly and sloppily and seriously must have spent 30 minutes making the initial cut that he submitted for review. It was loaded with every kind of mistake possible: poorly matched lighting and camera quality (not just no color correction, but even changes in the resolution), shaky shots from an aerial drone, one or two frames from a separate scene popping in because he shuffled scenes and didn't delete the scrap left behind, poor framing, shaky handheld shots, etc. The video was supposed to be played at CONEXPO and sent out on press releases. And then he didn't fix really anything I pointed out, acted like a lazy dick and didn't respond to correspondence, and basically left us with a half-finished project two weeks till the deadline.

So I just said "Fuck it" and made my own cut without him. I took the videos from 2012 and 2013, trimmed the fat, removed every single crappy shot, reshuffled both videos so it looked like it came from a single event, and went over the thing with a fine-toothed cyber comb to make sure that every mistake I made was ironed out.

Not only did I make a long cut that's going to be looped at the CONEXPO booth, I'm making a cut that's about a minute shorter for press releases. All I need to do is color correction and the audio and I'll be finished AND I can start an official career as a videographer. I've already been tapped to make the company's new advertisement AND remake all their old 90s instructional DVDs. I'm rolling in dough, bitches!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3038 on: February 10, 2014, 01:18:24 am »
Well, when you're cruising on your 80' yacht in the Caribbean, have a drink of champagne for the little people who made it all possible.

:P 

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3039 on: February 10, 2014, 10:25:19 am »
Well, when you're cruising on your 80' yacht in the Caribbean, have a drink of champagne for the little people who made it all possible.

:P

I read that as 80s yacht and now I think your life is like Duran Duran's video for Rio.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3040 on: February 10, 2014, 01:13:32 pm »
Chit, I wanna see when you first launch that 80 foot yacht off the trailer into Lake Monroe. Big enuff to splash a wake up into the street! Open her up and roar off down the St. Johns River, then cruise for girls off the beach. I'd ask to borrow it, but even Lake Ivanhoe here is just a bath tub for something that big...it'd get stuck under the I-4 bridge :P

Seriously, though, looks like this job is panning out into something useful for you, redneck boss or not. Cheers!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3041 on: February 10, 2014, 04:08:08 pm »
Schools cancelled tomorrow due to the weather.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3042 on: February 10, 2014, 04:12:18 pm »
Same here.   Though the snow we're getting, nothing's laying.   Not yet, anyway.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3043 on: February 10, 2014, 06:19:22 pm »
Chit, I wanna see when you first launch that 80 foot yacht off the trailer into Lake Monroe. Big enuff to splash a wake up into the street! Open her up and roar off down the St. Johns River, then cruise for girls off the beach. I'd ask to borrow it, but even Lake Ivanhoe here is just a bath tub for something that big...it'd get stuck under the I-4 bridge :P

Seriously, though, looks like this job is panning out into something useful for you, redneck boss or not. Cheers!

Thanks! I basically did in three days what the guy was supposed to do in a week and still hasn't finished. Along with being lazy, he tends to just show up and ask if he can start filming and recording and setting up with basically an hour's notice. He once asked if he could come and film a crane before 5:00....at 2:00. The crane was in a garage and needed to be driven out, parked, and set up with the outriggers and boom at a minimum in the rain. Yeah, no.

Right now I'm looking at audio options for recording the narration. I'm keeping the bosses updated on everything as I do it so they know exactly where I stand with the deadline, and they'll be prepared for when we need to record. Chances are Roman the Russian would have just shown up a day or two before the deadline asking to do the voiceover without a script.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3044 on: February 10, 2014, 08:33:32 pm »
On that same note, that crappy videographer? I got to officially send him the kindly worded "You're fired" email.