Author Topic: Anything Good Happen Today?  (Read 858554 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #1905 on: May 01, 2013, 04:20:35 pm »
My dad's genealogy test came back, and it is confirmed: my family is descended from ancient Irish royalty (through the male line, no less!)

I'm supposedly adopted into a Scottish Royalty clan. But who knows. I want a DNA test myself for various reasons. Not least of which because you can find out whether you're susceptible to something. I forget which things they can find.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1906 on: May 01, 2013, 04:27:55 pm »
My dad's genealogy test came back, and it is confirmed: my family is descended from ancient Irish royalty (through the male line, no less!)

I'm supposedly adopted into a Scottish Royalty clan. But who knows. I want a DNA test myself for various reasons. Not least of which because you can find out whether you're susceptible to something. I forget which things they can find.

The male side of my family is Scottish of some import as well, though I can't remember exactly how important; the earliest it's been traced back was the Middle Ages to a king's tax collector.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1907 on: May 01, 2013, 04:36:34 pm »

I wouldn't mind the same, being adopted.  I've HEARD I've got bloodlines going back there, but I want some certainty.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1908 on: May 01, 2013, 04:36:50 pm »
Meanwhile I'm just probably descended from peasants...not mention most of my father's side is big question mark since his dad ended up in the foster care system after his parents died and it has been trouble finding out more.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:43:41 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1909 on: May 01, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »
Meanwhile I'm just probably descended from peasants...not mention most of my father's side is big question mark since his dad ended up in the foster care system after his parents died and it has been trouble finding out more.

Similar thing happened with my dad's dad.  He was put up for adoption when he was born, and then ran away from his foster family when he was 18.  Changed his name and everything.  Have literally ZERO idea what that quarter of my heritage is.  So I'm half French-Canadian, 1/4 Irish, and the rest... *shrugs*
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1910 on: May 01, 2013, 06:59:37 pm »

Similar thing happened with my dad's dad.  He was put up for adoption when he was born, and then ran away from his foster family when he was 18.  Changed his name and everything.  Have literally ZERO idea what that quarter of my heritage is.  So I'm half French-Canadian, 1/4 Irish, and the rest... *shrugs*

The thing is that his (My father's father) parents died in some car crash around the NYC area, when he was really young, and he was thrown in the foster care system, kept the last name, but it's been a bitch to find out more info.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #1911 on: May 01, 2013, 09:48:51 pm »
I got a B on my GIS project, even through I'm passing nicely I don't feel like I'm retaining anything.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1912 on: May 03, 2013, 03:48:44 am »
The weather was DELICIOUS here today! 80 degrees and no wind, sunny all day... I'll take more of this, yes I will!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
Anything Good Happen Today?
« Reply #1913 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:56 am »
I went to Tokyo Disneyland with my husband yesterday.  It was my first time ever to go to any Disneyland, so it was pretty exciting.  Also, it was the 30th anniversary, so they were selling a lot of special goods.
Though I am super tired now and I hurt all over, I had a great time and it was a lovely date with my husband.
一期一会

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1914 on: May 03, 2013, 12:15:06 pm »
Went to Iron Man 3 last night and going to see the UCF Capstone film showing tomorrow!
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1915 on: May 03, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »
My facebook project is DONE. It's not perfect, but during the demo today where we played with everyone else's facebooks, they all seemed to have many more bugs. I'm so friggin' content.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1916 on: May 03, 2013, 04:36:46 pm »
My facebook project is DONE. It's not perfect, but during the demo today where we played with everyone else's facebooks, they all seemed to have many more bugs. I'm so friggin' content.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1917 on: May 03, 2013, 06:38:49 pm »
Saw Iron Man 3.

Ironbite-Phase 2 is looking...so good.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1918 on: May 03, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »
Got an email about a job as a math tutor. I don't know if I actually got the job, they'll call me tomorrow, but at least they replied, so that's nice.
Σא

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1919 on: May 04, 2013, 06:23:56 pm »
So Shopko is selloing "Boppit Smash," and you can demo the thing.

I broke the old high score of 69 by getting 85 points. :D
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.