Author Topic: Former Vice-Chairman Of Geert Wilders' Party Converts To Islam  (Read 842 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
http://www.amsterdamherald.com/index.php/rss/722-20130301-from-wilders-to-muhammad-former-freedom-party-vice-chairman-converts-islam-religion-immigration-cultural-integration-the-hague-council-pvv-netherlands-dutch-politics

Arnoud van Doorn, who until December 2011 was vice-chairman of the PVV group on The Hague’s city council, announced his “new start” on Twitter.

He also posted a tweet in Arabic declaring that “there is no god but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet,” in accordance with one of the five pillars of Islam.

The 46-year-old (pictured, above, with Dutch Iranian politician Ehsan Jami in 2010) has continued on the council as an independent candidate since splitting from Wilders’s party.

Initially Van Doorn was reluctant to discuss his reasons for converting. But in a later interview with Al-Jazeera, he explained that his interest in the religion had gradually deepened after he began visiting a mosque in his home city out of curiosity.

He said: “I have heard many negative stories about the Islam, but I am not a person who follows opinions of others without doing my own research and forming my own opinion.

BWAHAHAHA!
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
Re: Former Vice-Chairman Of Geert Wilders' Party Converts To Islam
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 10:17:29 am »
I might not be a fan of religion, but if following Islam is what makes him happy, and is what he needs at this moment in his life then good for him. Unfortunately with the way Muslims are viewed in America, I don't see him managing to retain his position much longer.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 11:11:02 am »
He's dutch though

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:30:30 am »
I might not be a fan of religion, but if following Islam is what makes him happy, and is what he needs at this moment in his life then good for him. Unfortunately with the way Muslims are viewed in America, I don't see him managing to retain his position much longer.
Well, I suppose it's a good thing he's in the Netherlands.

Then again, most Europeans aren't exactly Islamophiles, so it could still be a thing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 12:51:52 pm »
"I have heard many negative stories about the Islam, but I am not a person who follows opinions of others without doing my own research and forming my own opinion"

I doubt any of that included reading the shitty parts of the Koran, but whatever, this story was good for a laugh.