Author Topic: December Donations and Technical Update  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
December Donations and Technical Update
« on: December 17, 2015, 01:31:06 pm »
Hello everyone,

Digibase, the non-profit organization that hosts these forums is again in need of donations to keep our organization running and able to service you as we rely on donations. Before I go on however, in the name of accountability two items of a technical nature to note:

1. Those red error messages - Those messages you'd see occasionally on the header of the forum that'd displace content were due to issues with the database back-end. The various components of our system and the forum itself were transiently unable to connect to the database and thus were producing errors. We have implemented monitors to identify when those sorts of conditions happen as to quickly deal with them, along with modified configuration parameters to reduce the loss of connection issues between those components.

2. The 9 December outage - We experienced an approximately day-long outage starting approximately 10:30 AM EST that was the result of a power surge in the vicinity of our facility that engaged safety mechanisms to prevent equipment and data damage. This created a disruption to our whole network and caused a disruption in configuration for various components in our system. At the evening of that event, the issues were corrected.

With that said, we are in need of donations so any level of donation would go a long way to keep us online and operational, servicing you with our anti-spam technologies, and our ongoing pro-bono hosting of these forums that are free of data mining and advertising. We already have most of our bills paid, just the network connectivity bill remains. Our goal amount this month is 225 CAD or approximately 160 USD.

If you are able to donate, please do so by paypal to kxeron@digibase.ca or the button on http://digibase.ca — we accept credit card donations with the button on our homepage and we can take any currency, not just Canadian Dollar. Every little bit counts.

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

Thank you,
K. Xeron
Executive Director, Digibase Operations
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 07:08:23 pm by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: December Donations and Technical Update
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 02:24:29 pm »
Thanks, Kradorex! Gave 25 CAD.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 10:52:16 am »
How's the goal getting along? I gave 5 CAD.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 11:25:49 am »
I gave you 25CAD.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!