General Category > Bug Reports

PMs Lost

(1/2) > >>

Sleepy:
After finally being able to get back on here, I went to my inbox and discovered that all my PMs were gone. Any explanation? This is really irritating because I had several I wanted to save.

I talked to two others, and they both have all their PMs.

Kradorex Xeron:
The downtime was in regards to an issue with a router and was in no way an outage that caused loss (the machine hosting the forums remained completely operational during the time). I would recommend attempting to log out and log back in to see if this could resolve the issue.

Sleepy:
I've done so, to no avail. Is there any way my account can be rolled back?

Kradorex Xeron:
Unfortunately rolling an account back would require rolling the entire forums back in a situation like this and would result in further losses since the PM issue (posts would be lost, so forth). I have checked the database backend and the data for the PMs are still there.. this is puzzling why the forum software has been effected in this manner in regards to a single accont.

I have run several forum software maintenence scripts to check for errors in the database, none were found during the run process..

I have sent you a PM to test the PM system in regards to your account.

If it comes down to it, what I shall do is export what the database backend has and provide that data to you, this way at least you'll have the PMs themselves.

Sleepy:
That sounds good. Are there any other possible causes? I'm rather curious.

And thanks for the help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version