Author Topic: The Walking Dead losing its edge?  (Read 1517 times)

wrightway

The Walking Dead losing its edge?
« on: March 12, 2013, 01:52:11 am »
Curious to see what some not so rabid fans think of the turn into filler-zone The Walking Dead took last night. The WD forum I'm on has been screaming ruined forever since the episode aired. I think some filler is useful to set up further plot. Thoughts?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: The Walking Dead losing its edge?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:58 am »
...filler zone episode?  And now they're screaming murder?

Ironbite-they were around for the Farm right?

wrightway

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 04:10:13 am »
Apparently I must have hit the forever button because I fell asleep and was still logged in later. Hm, must remember not to do that.

On topic: Have you ever been to "Spoil The Dead"? There is a moderator there who flips her lid whenever anything positive is said about the Carol character. At all. I love the forum but it would be nice to have a discussion on the episodes outside of listening to super fans rant.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:45 am »
I think Walking Dead has lost its edge in a different respect for me.  Ever since it came back from the break, my roommate and I haven't bothered to watch a single episode.  We just... have better things to do at 9 at night on a Sunday.  In my case, sleep for work in the morning.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 05:15:30 am »
While I do still watch it, I feel a bit sad that the zombies don't seem to play as much of a role in the series now as they did before.  Then again, I can see how having a show, that is running for several seasons, that focuses mostly on the zombies, would grow stale pretty quickly.
一期一会

wrightway

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 01:42:08 pm »
While I do still watch it, I feel a bit sad that the zombies don't seem to play as much of a role in the series now as they did before.  Then again, I can see how having a show, that is running for several seasons, that focuses mostly on the zombies, would grow stale pretty quickly.

It's based off a graphic novel where that was the point. The zombies are scenery in a zombie apocalypse. The living are your real issue. That being said, I still think they could have done a much better job last sunday.

Offline chiheisen

• Apprentice
  • Don't mind me. I'm just your average lurker.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 03:06:32 pm »
I've not read the graphic novel, unfortunately.  If they're sticking closer to that storyline then it would make sense.
一期一会