Author Topic: Anyone seen the blue cross counterprotest on Facebook?  (Read 10137 times)

Offline cheese007

• Bishop

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Anyone seen the blue cross counterprotest on Facebook?
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2013, 01:54:36 pm »
Ok. I just read that thread, all four pages. Then I had to walk away for a minute to give my brain a hance to recover from the stupid. So I came back with these few thoughts. First of all, I feel for a majority of the married posters over at RR. If their relationships with their spouses are so weak as to be threatened by other people getting married, well, I feel sorry for them. Second, there seems to be a lot of squawking about churches being forced to preform SSMs. While I haven't been following the USSC this go round, I have seen enough other bills and such that all say churches can use whatever criteria they want to marry people. Honestly, if a church doesn't want to marry two men, cool. The Catholic church didn't want to marry me and Mrs. Rookie. They can find a judge just like we did. Then there was the slippery slope comic relief posts. Those are always good for a chuckle. The thread is worth a look if there's nothingelse going onin your life. You'll laugh, you'll cry.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 03:27:28 pm »
The thing it seems, is a good deal of people don't seem to understand that there are such a thing as civil marriage, and marriage is always being thought of being religious. This is what needs to change.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2013, 01:41:24 pm »
Can someone be brave enough to post screenshots of that HIP page? I don't want to feel dirty by actually going there. :P I'm not that wonderful poster, Rabbit Of Caerbannog.
I went there out of curiosity, but now I regret it. I think my IQ level just dropped by half. This is as much as I dared to take a screenshot of, but my eyes are still bleeding. And yes, the picture on the top-right is equating gay people with pedophiles.

Wow! The Stupid is strong with these people!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 01:01:59 am »
"Two brothers can't get married because they want to."

No, but in a lot of states two cousins can.

And lets not forget that I can marry and divorce as many people as I want (as long as they're male) and it's completly fine. Yet I can't marry a consenting person of the same sex.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:05:32 am by thejebusfire »

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 01:17:53 am »
I've seen a gold cross on a blue background, a man and a woman, and the normal symbol changed from "=" to "=/=". Most of them can be seen on the "Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride" page, if you feel like you can handle the complete idiocy.
Heterosexuals inspiring pride? Inspiring pride in what? Encountering absolutely no obstacles because of heterosexuality?

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 02:33:14 am »
I've seen this-
It's pretty silly to be outraged about pro-equality Facebook pictures, but on the other hand it isn't as if those pictures are going to do anything...or will they?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 08:13:49 am »
While I haven't taken on the cross as my picture, I have shared pro-SSM pics on my FB page quite a bit.  I do this mostly because I have a few people on my friends/family list that post religious, anti-gay/anti-abortion crap that gets pretty hateful.  I figure if I piss them off enough they'll defriend me and disappear.

I don't share anything against religion because 99% of fb is religious and most are pretty nice people.  I'm just trying to piss off the rare few others.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 08:23:11 am »
It's pretty silly to be outraged about pro-equality Facebook pictures, but on the other hand it isn't as if those pictures are going to do anything...or will they?

I think they're more outraged by the fact that they're seeing so many of them, which to many of them has been their first wake-up call that they do not, in fact, hold the majority opinion (much like the backlash after the election when they all claimed fraud when the actual results indicated that they didn't have the broad support that they liked to claim they did).

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 11:41:52 am »
I am not surprised that there would be people counter protesting on Facebook with something like a blue cross or the pink man and woman with a red background as seen in the screenshot provided here (really? Can't they come up with something original instead of basically imitating the equal sign pictures?)

I would like to see the blue cross one as I haven't seen it in my news feed so I am wondering if someone can provide a screen shot of that.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Art Vandelay

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
While I haven't taken on the cross as my picture, I have shared pro-SSM pics on my FB page quite a bit.  I do this mostly because I have a few people on my friends/family list that post religious, anti-gay/anti-abortion crap that gets pretty hateful.  I figure if I piss them off enough they'll defriend me and disappear.

I don't share anything against religion because 99% of fb is religious and most are pretty nice people.  I'm just trying to piss off the rare few others.

Or you could, you know, unfriend them yourself.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2013, 05:58:09 am »
Oh I know, but I'd rather enjoy seeing how far I can push them until they run screaming.

Hey, no one ever accused me of being a saint.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"