Author Topic: Heliocentrism, the most widely accepted lie ever told?  (Read 25409 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: Heliocentrism, the most widely accepted lie ever told?
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2013, 12:25:42 pm »
Lagrange points are five 5 points found within the gravitational fields of two objects where a third object of comparatively negligible mass can be held in perfect relation to them as those two objects orbit their common center of mass.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2013, 09:12:46 pm »
Man, this guy is the gift that keeps on giving.

Heliocentric model indicates that the SUN is the focal point of the universe, hence helio (sun) centric. And because the modern physics shows that the only focal point of the universe is at the exact time of the big bang, neither heliocentric and geocentric models are absolutely correct. Therefore, both models are equally valid when simply presenting as a model. It is just a matter of what to put in the middle. And about Lagrange points, how the fuck can you NOT explain with geocentric model????

That's right, guys.  Apparently all this time, we've believed that the entire universe revolves around the sun.  The proof is that both "heliocentric" and "geocentric" contain the root "centric".  Mind = blown.

Lagrange points are five 5 points found within the gravitational fields of two objects where a third object of comparatively negligible mass can be held in perfect relation to them as those two objects orbit their common center of mass.

Put more simply, Lagrange points are points in the gravitational fields between two objects in an orbital pattern where the gravitational force exerted by one object equals the gravitational force exerted by the other object in the opposite direction, effectively creating a point with zero net gravitational pull (in layman's terms: the boundary points in space that define the transition between falling towards the sun vs. falling towards the earth).  L1 exists in all two-body systems, but L2-L5 only exist in rotating systems (due to centripetal forces acting in an outward direction), and are located at 0, 60, and 180 degrees about the center of rotation.

Basically, if the earth was stationary, it would only have the L1 point in relation to the sun.  However, it has all 5.  We have satellites sitting at L2, L4, and L5.  The only way for this to be possible is if the earth was revolving around the sun.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:57:27 pm by Patches »

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2013, 06:44:11 am »

Heliocentric model indicates that the SUN is the focal point of the universe, hence helio (sun) centric. And because the modern physics shows that the only focal point of the universe is at the exact time of the big bang, neither heliocentric and geocentric models are absolutely correct. Therefore, both models are equally valid when simply presenting as a model. It is just a matter of what to put in the middle. And about Lagrange points, how the fuck can you NOT explain with geocentric model????

That's right, guys.  Apparently all this time, we've believed that the entire universe revolves around the sun.  The proof is that both "heliocentric" and "geocentric" contain the root "centric".  Mind = blown.

And yet, that is what the word means.  The Atheist model is even sillier than that, you need to come up with a new label for it ASAP.

Put more simply, Lagrange points are points in the gravitational fields between two objects in an orbital pattern where the gravitational force exerted by one object equals the gravitational force exerted by the other object in the opposite direction, effectively creating a point with zero net gravitational pull (in layman's terms: the boundary points in space that define the transition between falling towards the sun vs. falling towards the earth).  L1 exists in all two-body systems, but L2-L5 only exist in rotating systems (due to centripetal forces acting in an outward direction), and are located at 0, 60, and 180 degrees about the center of rotation.

Basically, if the earth was stationary, it would only have the L1 point in relation to the sun.  However, it has all 5.  We have satellites sitting at L2, L4, and L5.  The only way for this to be possible is if the earth was revolving around the sun.
[/quote]

Again, this is an inverted truth.  You say "we couldn't have L2-L5 points if the earth were stationary", but you conveniently miss out the rotation of the sun about us. 

Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2013, 07:03:27 am »

And yet, that is what the word means.  The Atheist model is even sillier than that, you need to come up with a new label for it ASAP.

I'm glad you've so valiantly taken a word, redefined it in a way that no one uses, and fight the good fight against it. 

I'm currently fighting against homosexuality.  Homosexuality means you like people, since homo = human, like in homo sapiens.  Don't try to tell me this isn't what it means, you know it's true.  If you've ever liked any human, you are a homosexual, and you cannot deny it.

Again, this is an inverted truth.  You say "we couldn't have L2-L5 points if the earth were stationary", but you conveniently miss out the rotation of the sun about us.

Well, if the sun revolved about us, any equation involving gravity would fall apart, anyway, since you'd be requiring a larger mass to orbit a smaller mass, which the very theory of gravity itself does not allow for.  But assuming that somehow this was possible, the L2-L5 points would lie on a circle about the earth rather than about the sun.  This is not what is observed.  We have satellites at L2, L4, and L5; we know where they are, and we make use of their unique gravitational properties.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2013, 07:33:12 am »
Hey AE,

Heliocentrism means that the sun is the center of our solar system. Not that it is the center of the universe.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2013, 09:20:07 am »
Hey AE,

Heliocentrism means that the sun is the center of our solar system. Not that it is the center of the universe.

The word means "sun centred", what it is the centre of is not specified etymologically.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2013, 09:54:17 am »
You're correct, AE. We use the phrase because in the "center" of our solar system is the "sun". Blows the mind, doesn't it?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2013, 09:58:48 am »
You're correct, AE. We use the phrase because in the "center" of our solar system is the "sun". Blows the mind, doesn't it?

Not so much, actually.  The idea that people are still clinging to outdated nonsense produced by Copernicus and Galileo and Darwin would be amusing if it wasn't so poisonous to society.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2013, 10:07:09 am »

Not so much, actually.  The idea that people are still clinging to outdated nonsense produced by Copernicus and Galileo and Darwin would be amusing if it wasn't so poisonous to society.
Yeah, we should cling to nonsense that's even more outdated. Tell me, are you constantly worried about falling off the edge of the Earth?

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2013, 10:41:13 am »

As opposed to that created by who knows who from 2000 and more years ago and put into a mish-mosh called The Bible.  Got it.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52:24 am »

That is all.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2013, 11:37:24 am »

The amusing thing here is that we don't. We took what they gave and built upon it, corrected it where it was flawed, and moved on with progress. That is the beautiful thing about science--it's never content to rest on its laurels, and it never stops attempting to prove itself wrong.

You see, you have this idea stuck in your head that science is afraid to be proven wrong, because that's your own experience. If your religion is proven wrong, you are left with nothing. But proving itself wrong is the very foundation of the scientific method. You see, the way science works is, someone comes up with an idea, and then does his very best to break that idea to smithereens. If he can't, he passes it on to all the other people who study in the same field, and they all try to break it to smithereens. If no one can break the idea, then and only then do scientists grudgingly accept that it might be true--all while still trying to find new ways to break it.

This happens every day, with everything science believes to be true. Do you honestly think no one is trying to disprove Darwin? The first guy who does has a mountain of awards and money waiting for him. But no one ever has, because the mechanism works better than any other idea ever postulated. Darwin's knowledge was admittedly limited by his time--for instance, he had no idea what DNA and genes were when he proposed the idea of evolution via random mutation and natural selection. He had no clue what the actual mechanism of change was, what it was that caused a beneficial trait in a parent to be passed on to offspring. But he understood the reason why those offspring fared better than their peers who didn't have that beneficial trait. Every discovery in biology has supported his idea, while not a single fact has been found to disprove it.

Heck, we even use some models we know to be false, because any model is better than no model. Did you know the theory of gravity is inherently broken? As is the theory of relativity? There are scales where they simply no longer apply, but we continue to use them because they are workable for the scales they do function at. Scientists are working every day to better understand the relationships between the forces involved here and come up with new, better ideas--not to spite those who came before, but to honor their memory by expanding the boundaries of human understanding, as the great minds of the past did.

That's the real difference between people like you and people like us. We strive to be proven wrong, because being proven wrong is the only way to gain new knowledge, new understanding. Being proven wrong is the only way to slowly reveal the truth of the universe. But you? You want to believe you already have the truth, and so reject even the most overwhelming of evidence to the contrary. You are content to sit in ignorance, because in ignorance you get to believe you aren't ignorant.

I seriously pity people like you. We only get one shot at life, and you're wasting yours for the promise of a reward you have no way of proving actually exists.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2013, 02:06:35 pm »
AE, your grasp of science is amazing. Truly, it's only bested by those on the mainpage who laugh at the idea that we came from monkeys.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2013, 01:52:43 am »

Wait? Are you actually trying to imply that heliocentric theory and a spherical earth are poisoning our society? How? I can kind of see how evolution can possibly harm society, it does not actually, but it has room for abuse, but fundamental observations of our planet and universe? Observations that barely affect our lives somehow poison our society? That's special.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2013, 03:24:31 am »

Wait? Are you actually trying to imply that heliocentric theory and a spherical earth are poisoning our society? How? I can kind of see how evolution can possibly harm society, it does not actually, but it has room for abuse, but fundamental observations of our planet and universe? Observations that barely affect our lives somehow poison our society? That's special.

You have to remember, fundies consider anything that isn't a strictly literal interpretation of the Bible to be "poisonous" because it's "leading people away from God's Truth"

By golly, if God says that insects have four legs and that the world is flat, then insects have four legs and the world is flat!  If you see an insect has six legs, YOU'RE WRONG!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet