Author Topic: Forum Issues  (Read 35461 times)

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
Forum Issues
« on: January 04, 2012, 03:43:11 am »
Post them.

Napoleon and I will be looking into them and fixing them.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm adding the below to help me keep track of what's been fixed, what isn't. Let me know if I missed something. Thanks again.

Not Fixed Bugs:

Time offset bug... Wish I'd known about this when it comes to SMF 2.0.2. Ah well, until this is resolved, the only way to fix it is for you to manually offset it by an hour.

Fixed Bugs:

Youtube Tags
Explanation for setting correct time in Forums

Feature Requests:

Chat button added. Does not open into a new window, yet. Edit: Now opens in a new tab! Sorry for breaking the forums several times before I got it.

How-Tos:

Profile -> Look and Layout ->

Code: [Select]
Time Offset:
Number of hours to +/- to make displayed time equal to your local time.
- Click auto detect. Click Change Profile at bottom right.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 06:36:29 pm by Keiro Dreamwalker »
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
Re: Forum Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 04:00:03 am »
Is there anybody else whose avatar isn't showing? I don't know if it's a problem on my end or this end, so... yeah. I've tried rehosting it but that didn't work and it isn't letting me upload it, either. I can see everyone else's just fine so I just wanted to see.

Also, this is minor and not a big deal so if you can't get to it I won't pitch a bitchfit.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 04:02:48 am »
Link it from whatever and I'll see if I can't get it hosted.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 04:20:59 am »
NEVERMIND it worked out, but thank youuuu!! *throws confetti*
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:26:29 am »
H'okay. :<

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 05:35:51 am »
Youtube tags have been added to the forums.

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:57:57 am »
I've said this before elsewhere in the forums, but I'll repeat it here to save everyone the trouble of searching for it.

[10:55:00AM] <&Oriet> Oh, Keiro, do you know how to get it so when a person makes a post, it redirects to the new post instead of the board it was in?
[10:55:03AM] <Shane_for_Wax> SMF'd admin CP managed to completely throw me when I first played with it.
[10:55:29AM] <@KeiroSleeps> Yup, I described that step in the Forum Issues thread, iirc.
[10:55:36AM] <&Oriet> Ah, okay.
[10:55:39AM] <Shane_for_Wax> Oriet: http://forums.fstdt.net/profile/?area=theme ---> return to topics after posting by default
[10:55:44AM] <@KeiroSleeps> er...
[10:55:47AM] <@KeiroSleeps> no, I didn't.
[10:55:55AM] <@KeiroSleeps> But I've said it elsewhere before.
[10:56:02AM] <@KeiroSleeps> I'll add that to the Forums Issues

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
  • I don't know and neither do you!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:22 am »
OK I hit quick reply a couple times and instead it posted in the most recent topic instead of the one I was reading.
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:45 am »
Test reply.

Edit: Browser, Aqualung?

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 11:48:06 am »
Oh, I think I figured out what happened. Derp....
"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." --Billy Joel

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 11:48:34 am »
Oh, I think I figured out what happened. Derp....

Tell us so we can add the solution in here?

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »
I'm an idiot is all.

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 12:08:21 pm »
... That's not an answer, kid.

I really hate it when people go, "Oh, derp! It was me that made the mistake, not the computer."

/what. did. you. do./?!

Offline Aqualung

• Crazy Person Magnet
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 12:09:54 pm »
Seriously?? Fine. Instead of the page numbers I hit < previous next > and didn't notice it went to the next thread. *facepalm* >.<

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »
Seriously?? Fine. Instead of the page numbers I hit < previous next > and didn't notice it went to the next thread. *facepalm* >.<

Ah. Now I understand. I was wondering how you were encountering the issue, because I'd thought there might be browser-specific issues that would be the cause.

That's why I insist on getting explanations, no matter how stupid it sounds to you.