Author Topic: Duck Dynasty Dudes Say n' Do Th' Ding Dang Darndest Thangs. Quack.  (Read 15753 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Well so much for that discussion.  My cousin deleted her entire post before I could ask if they thought the guy would've been entitled to his opinion if he had spoken out in favor of gays rights and got suspended.  Oh well.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
We're gonna gonna see a wave of douche-y persecution wankers crying about how they're being oppressed by not allowing to oppress others.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:47:26 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
We're gonna gonna see a wave of douce-y persecution wankers crying about how they're being oppressed by not allowing to oppress others.

Sadly yes.

The good thing about this is that, despite populations being foolish, the more hypocritical the Republicans act, the more often people are going to notice it.  Effectively, they're damning themselves to obscurity via political attrition.

Of course, the pendulum will eventually swing back in favor of them via the nature of populations to forget, but there's very little you can do about that without mind control and brainwashing - which are highly unethical measures.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
And of course, Sarah Palin jumped at the opportunity to defend him.

Duck Dynasty fan Sarah Palin has taken to social media to voice her support for Phil Robertson, saying that his suspension is an attack on free speech. “Free speech is an endangered species,” she wrote on Facebook. “Those ‘intolerants’ hatin’ and taking on the Duck Dynasty patriarch for voicing his personal opinion are taking on all of us.” And Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal also added his voice.

Huh.  How odd. She wasn't talking about Martin Bashir's "Free speech" when he got fired last month....for saying something snarky about Sarah Palin.  It must have slipped her mind or something.  Not that that's difficult.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Exactly!
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
We're gonna gonna see a wave of douche-y persecution wankers crying about how they're being oppressed by not allowing to oppress others.

Too late.

On Friday, GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne went all in, comparing Robertson to civil rights icon Rosa Parks.

. . .

"In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians," Bayne said in an email to supporters.

"What Parks did was courageous," he added. "What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too."

There is a video remerging of a 2010 (I think) sermon Robertson made making impassioned speeches about how they're "finding new ways to do evil!"  Also, it's not just gays:

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field. ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' -- not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.

This was his comment about the Jim Crow era south.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Yeah this guy is a PR nightmare and I have to wonder just why he chose now of all time to unleash hell on A&E.

Ironbite-buckle in folks, we're in for a bumpy ride.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson?currentPage=1

For convenience's sake, a link to the original GQ article/interview of Phil Robertson.

ADDENDUM

An old Phil Robertson video sermon on gays and etc has resurfaced;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDjXf4AUIE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiDjXf4AUIE</a>
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 09:13:02 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast

Too late.

On Friday, GOP congressional candidate Ian Bayne went all in, comparing Robertson to civil rights icon Rosa Parks.

. . .

"In December 1955, Rosa Parks took a stand against an unjust societal persecution of black people, and in December 2013, Robertson took a stand against persecution of Christians," Bayne said in an email to supporters.

"What Parks did was courageous," he added. "What Mr. Robertson did was courageous too."

There is a video remerging of a 2010 (I think) sermon Robertson made making impassioned speeches about how they're "finding new ways to do evil!"  Also, it's not just gays:

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field. ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' -- not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.

This was his comment about the Jim Crow era south.
"And is there really any proof of this so-called 'Holocaust'?"

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Is it just me or is GQ disturbingly gleeful that they were the catalysts for this controversy? They seem to be milking it just to get traffic.
In any case, repeat after me boys and girls "Free speech does not mean freedom from consequence."
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
GQ is a magazine.  Magazines thrive on scandal.  Especially if that scandal is real.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
In a note to anyone getting upset about a person having to take repercussion for saying something:
Your mothers a whore and you should kill yourself.

If you believe in freedom of speech then you would be okay with me saying this.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
And if there is one thing I've learned about how I see people with an abhorrent attitude, I've learned to stop asking people to commit suicide.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehur5WMbXpY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehur5WMbXpY</a>

She said basically what I was thinking.  A bunch of morons trying to use their interpretations of laws and their so-called, 'Good Book,' to justify their acting like assholes.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
I bet A&E will put the duck dude back on air eventually anyways, it's kinda like Dog the Bounty Hunter. that guy screamed some pretty racist shit to his son over the phone, when that audio got leaked there was a shitstorm and he was suspended. But the company isn't going to let go their golden goose so they'll wait a while then put him back. A&E couldn't really care less if he is a homophobe, a racist, or a card carrying member of the Nazi Party, they just want the benjamins.