Author Topic: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game  (Read 48812 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game
« Reply #135 on: September 18, 2014, 06:58:35 pm »
I don't think there's much of a need to hold this on a different forum. The only issue appears to be the lack of a virtual dice roller here, but I suspect most of those playing here have their own dice and if anyone doesn't, there's the True Random Number Generator and similar sites.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #136 on: September 18, 2014, 08:08:27 pm »
Well, there is no way to verify results from those, though.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #137 on: September 19, 2014, 02:18:45 am »
I figured we'd be operating in good faith. Of course, I'm fine either way, but I've got four sets of dice that are feeling kinda neglected.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2014, 08:41:37 am »
Dang, I completely forgot about this discussion and found it accidentally. (Since I rarely browse this part of FQA.)

If I didn't live on a different timezone I might try to shoe into the rp.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2014, 08:50:57 am »
But that's the best part of Play-By-Post. You post when you can, no synchronization of schedules necessary.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2014, 03:16:16 pm »
Now I would need an idea for a character.

My fallback would be a Kobold Bard (Because Kobolds/Cutebolds are fun and I would like a character that can do talking and mainly supports the party in many ways. Also, the motivation of "I want to travel the world and joined you guys to write a good song about this adventure" is always fun.) but there already is one bard in the group and I'm not sure a Kobold would fit in.

I'm going to read up a bit but I'll try to see if some class is missing/needed or simply make another fighter who serves as another hired sword/bodyguard after being disgracefully thrown out of / deserting from a local army. (Shield and mace/warhammer would be the most likely fighting style.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2014, 03:55:26 pm »
I'm a halfling magus.  I don't think you'd have any issue being a Kobold.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #142 on: September 20, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »
Plus two bards I think can fit since I think I'm more geared towards buffs and you can fill in a spot that isn't that.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2014, 07:20:46 pm »
I wonder if it might be better to start a second campaign. Eight players really is a lot for one party.

Also, how close is the campaign to starting? I believe we still need character sheets from everyone except Magus, Eiki-mun, and myself, but is there anything required beyond that?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 07:24:31 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2014, 08:13:26 pm »
Well, there is no way to verify results from those, though.
I figured we'd be operating in good faith. Of course, I'm fine either way, but I've got four sets of dice that are feeling kinda neglected.
I don't think there's much of a need to hold this on a different forum. The only issue appears to be the lack of a virtual dice roller here, but I suspect most of those playing here have their own dice and if anyone doesn't, there's the True Random Number Generator and similar sites.

There are some forum pbps on some other forums I frequent;  this site is popular with some of them:

http://www.invisiblecastle.com/

It allows you to store die rolls and post them as a url for verification, I gather.  It might be worth checking into.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2014, 10:19:47 am »
OK, so here's the deal. I was told by Mechtaur a while ago that he may have to cancel DMing because of IRL issues, and since I haven't heard anything from him regarding the game since then, I'm going to wait one more week until the 28th. If there are no further instructions by then, I will assume control.

If this should happen, I already have some idea of what I want to do, and will be setting the campaign in Pathfinder's default world of Golarion.

EDIT: It would also be helpful if Madman, Cerim Treascair, Zygarde, Ironbite, and Askold would complete their character sheets by then so we could proceed straight to the campaign. As I would not be taking over mid-campaign, I would not need anyone to run my character.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:44:29 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2014, 10:59:44 pm »
I put as much as I could onto my old post so look at that if you want my charterer sheet also tell me if I did anything wrong and what else I need to add to it.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2014, 12:43:10 am »
I put as much as I could onto my old post so look at that if you want my charterer sheet also tell me if I did anything wrong and what else I need to add to it.

Looks like a very good start; you've covered all the basic stuff. You may want to include the rest of the stuff that Magus, Eiki-mun and I did as well, as that gives the pre-calculated stuff for attacks, saves, etc. at a glance.

Also, for your skill points, bards get six skill points plus intelligence modifier and the extra human skill point, so you should have nine skills instead of three. The ones you have are good, and I'd strongly recommend both Perception and Stealth be kept at maximum. You'll definitely want a number of Knowledge skills too, particularly in areas the other characters don't have.

EDIT: Thank you; that is a very good skill selection.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:44:22 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2014, 08:15:14 pm »
I'll get back to work.

What else do I need, besides a revised point buy? Which would be:

STR 18, DEX 8, CON 12, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 9
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:19:19 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2014, 08:58:49 pm »
Looks like a pretty good build if you want 20 STR (since I assume you'll be picking a race with a racial bonus to STR). The question is if you want DEX that low, though. I know there's quite a few skills you might find you want that require 13 DEX. Just something to consider.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.