Author Topic: #EndFathersDay  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
#EndFathersDay
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:12:25 pm »
The trolling is strong with this one.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: #EndFathersDay
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 03:43:24 pm »
From what I've seen it's basically a case of a few real people saying it unironically, then Fox News and associate scum claiming this is proof teh fem-ee-nazis r gunna kill er fathers!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:57:12 am »
The hashtag alone is grating.  Not #EndFathersDay, I mean the very concept of the hashtag and how much its proliferated thru the internet like a god damned disease.  I swear to the Nine Hells, if I ever find who made Twitter, I'll retroactively remove them from history.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:35:55 pm »
The hashtag alone is grating.  Not #EndFathersDay, I mean the very concept of the hashtag and how much its proliferated thru the internet like a god damned disease.  I swear to the Nine Hells, if I ever find who made Twitter, I'll retroactively remove them from history.

Would you care to elaborate on why? As someone who is mostly indifferent to hashtags, I'm curious.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »

Would you care to elaborate on why? As someone who is mostly indifferent to hashtags, I'm curious.

They're overused and are used in places that are decidedly not Twitter.  Its more that its an irritating fad, than anything really serious.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:10:59 pm »

They're overused and are used in places that are decidedly not Twitter.  Its more that its an irritating fad, than anything really serious.

So true. #SaveOurGirls and #YesAllWomen come to mind.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.