Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065276 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3030 on: January 09, 2013, 04:00:06 am »
The damn cat. When I'm sitting at the desk, he likes to lie on the floor right behind my chair. Naturally, the chair is the kind with wheels, and sometimes I forget he's back there, or he sometimes plants himself while I'm already preoccupied and I don't notice. I've accidentally backed over his tail/legs so many times, and yet it doesn't seem to occur to him to find somewhere a little safer to snooze.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #3031 on: January 09, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »
The damn cat. When I'm sitting at the desk, he likes to lie on the floor right behind my chair. Naturally, the chair is the kind with wheels, and sometimes I forget he's back there, or he sometimes plants himself while I'm already preoccupied and I don't notice. I've accidentally backed over his tail/legs so many times, and yet it doesn't seem to occur to him to find somewhere a little safer to snooze.

My cats love to sleep between the wheel legs of the chair. I try to be as aware as possible before I move.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3032 on: January 09, 2013, 07:26:59 pm »
I got 3, maybe 3 and a half hours of sleep last night.  I'm so tired, but I'm stuck in a hospital waiting room and can't sleep, even though I'm dying to.  Its ruining an otherwise decent day.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3033 on: January 10, 2013, 02:02:44 am »
Forgive me if you've said this before, but why are you at the Hospital, Rav?  You okay?

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3034 on: January 10, 2013, 01:08:07 pm »
Cait, if I was you, I would suggest you and the boything start looking for another place to stay, or you many end up killing these people sooner or later, after all these are the same ones who don't understand the concept of washing dishes, right?? By the way, you must have the patience of a saint, because I might have teared their throats out by this point, if I was in your shoes.

We're going to eventually, but we can't afford a place on our own right now. And anyway, I like our other roommate, he's one of Boything's best friends and is a really cool guy who brings us pizza and stuff from his work so we don't go completely hungry. (Employees get to take home any food that doesn't get picked up by the people who order it.) There are four people living here and 25% of them cause 90% of the problems--it's really just Housemate's wife who fucks everything up. She's so fucking stupid she won't give up smoking even though she has asthma and is usually on the sofa alternating hits off her cigarette with hits off her inhaler. I wish I was making that up. Every other day she has some sort of I-can't-breathe-related panic attack. It doesn't do anything to help MY breathing problems, either, but I know better than to suggest she quit since I know she'll totally lose her shit.

Also, Ibbs, we're okayish now. My check is much more regular and after Boything bitched Housemate out a bit, he started pitching in for groceries. I just wish the government wasn't so stupid and exploiting such an obvious loophole--just because the household earns a certain amount of money doesn't mean everyone in it is willing to share. She's more interested in getting her hair and nails done (to the tune of $300 a month) and buying McDonalds for herself than she is in making sure we don't starve.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:10:45 pm by Caitshidhe »
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3035 on: January 10, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »
Cait, if I was you, I would suggest you and the boything start looking for another place to stay, or you many end up killing these people sooner or later, after all these are the same ones who don't understand the concept of washing dishes, right?? By the way, you must have the patience of a saint, because I might have teared their throats out by this point, if I was in your shoes.

We're going to eventually, but we can't afford a place on our own right now. And anyway, I like our other roommate, he's one of Boything's best friends and is a really cool guy who brings us pizza and stuff from his work so we don't go completely hungry. (Employees get to take home any food that doesn't get picked up by the people who order it.) There are four people living here and 25% of them cause 90% of the problems--it's really just Housemate's wife who fucks everything up. She's so fucking stupid she won't give up smoking even though she has asthma and is usually on the sofa alternating hits off her cigarette with hits off her inhaler. I wish I was making that up. Every other day she has some sort of I-can't-breathe-related panic attack. It doesn't do anything to help MY breathing problems, either, but I know better than to suggest she quit since I know she'll totally lose her shit.

Also, Ibbs, we're okayish now. My check is much more regular and after Boything bitched Housemate out a bit, he started pitching in for groceries. I just wish the government wasn't so stupid and exploiting such an obvious loophole--just because the household earns a certain amount of money doesn't mean everyone in it is willing to share. She's more interested in getting her hair and nails done (to the tune of $300 a month) and buying McDonalds for herself than she is in making sure we don't starve.

WHY IS THIS PERSON ALLOWED TO LIVE???

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3036 on: January 10, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
The touchpad on my laptop is really annoying me.

It has a scroll bar on the right side that you can't turn off.

I'm trying to read stuff, I accidently touch the right edge, and it just scrolls right down to the bottom, and I lose my place >:(

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3037 on: January 10, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »
My mum rearranged my room while I was gone and put every shred of fandom stuff in the closet as if it should be hidden. I've spent countless hours over the past two years getting it all set up like I want it. My Doctor Who stuff, Star Wars stuff, everything.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3038 on: January 10, 2013, 07:29:04 pm »
My mum rearranged my room while I was gone and put every shred of fandom stuff in the closet as if it should be hidden. I've spent countless hours over the past two years getting it all set up like I want it. My Doctor Who stuff, Star Wars stuff, everything.

When I was a kid, I wanted to display things on my dresser.  Any bloody thing. But no, "that's a toy.  It goes in the closet."  Because you aren't allowed to display anything that can be classified as a toy, or your room just isn't clean.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3039 on: January 10, 2013, 09:43:56 pm »
I had my stuffed animals, my sonic screwdriver, K-9 and the Master's pocketwatch on display. Along with a bunch of Christmas cards I got from friends. So... all of my work is ruined.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3040 on: January 10, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »
When I'm petting my bird's armpits sometimes I touch his oil glands (2 oil glands on his lower back) and my fingers get a weird grease on them.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3041 on: January 10, 2013, 10:36:54 pm »
stupid commercials before the movie trailers, sitting through the trailers, I don't want to see commercials on top of that crap.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3042 on: January 10, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »
WHY IS THIS PERSON ALLOWED TO LIVE???

That's what Boy and I wonder all the time. There are no words to adequately communicate just how much we despise this woman and have no idea why Housemate is still married to her. Really, the only reason he hasn't divorced her yet is because neither of them want to be like their own parents, who got divorced. But nothing good comes from a miserable marriage.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3043 on: January 11, 2013, 08:10:21 am »
When you have great reading comprehension in a language, and you can speak just fine. But as soon as you hear another person speak in said language, it's...you have no freakin clue what just happened

My listening comprehension for russian sucks balls
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3044 on: January 11, 2013, 11:46:11 am »
When you have great reading comprehension in a language, and you can speak just fine. But as soon as you hear another person speak in said language, it's...you have no freakin clue what just happened

My listening comprehension for russian sucks balls

Listening is always difficult because native speakers are going to talk fast, supposedly. Native English speakers probably sound fast to those who speak a different language.

Immersion takes a while.

&