Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066395 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3090 on: January 14, 2013, 04:07:22 pm »
I ran into a guy at school who brought up the Khazar myth, and claimed that I wasn't a real Jew. I actually probably have more Khazar blood than most Jews, given my Crimean heritage, but I lost interest when he claimed that you cannot convert to Judaism. I had places to be, so I didn't hang around to find out who he thought were the REAL Jews.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #3091 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »
I hate when customer pay me by just handing me a wad of bills. Is there some sort of anti-wallet movement?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3092 on: January 14, 2013, 07:20:21 pm »
People who equate all government as this horrible monster. Unless you want to live in chaos, go ahead and spout the bs.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:29:57 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #3093 on: January 15, 2013, 12:32:50 am »
My progress in Russian has come to a grinding halt so bad that I'm starting to think about dropping it until I can take an actual class on it.

Also, work is annoying, a lot of people are showing to be total tea-tards.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3094 on: January 15, 2013, 03:02:41 am »
Sweet fucking Christ, college textbooks are motherfucking EXPENSIVE.  My psych textbook alone was over 200 fucking clams!  Wiped out my bookstore credit in one swipe...oy vey.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3095 on: January 15, 2013, 06:52:49 am »
Sweet fucking Christ, college textbooks are motherfucking EXPENSIVE.  My psych textbook alone was over 200 fucking clams!  Wiped out my bookstore credit in one swipe...oy vey.

When it's time to sell, sell it either on Craigslist, or to other students directly.  The school bookstore will give you maybe 10% of what you paid for it.

If you charge $100 or so, the people you're selling to get a major discount on the  book, and you still get half your money back (which, again, is WAY more than what the bookstore gives you when you "sell" your books back to them).

If there's a Snoozy's near your school, they tend to give you about twice what the school bookstore does at buy-back (which still isn't much), and to offer used books at a much better price (although new copies tend to cost just as much).  I only went to the school bookstore if Snoozy's was out of a book I needed.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3096 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:13 am »
By 2nd year, I just thought "fuck it, I'mma just torrent the bloody things".

QueenofHearts

« Reply #3097 on: January 15, 2013, 07:29:54 am »

I've said this before, check Amazon for the books you need. One semester I got 5 books for 5 classes for around $60. Even better, the Community College I attended bought them back for a bit more, I believe $67, but that was almost 4 years ago.

Even if the schools don't buy them back, spending $30 on a book + S&H is better than $100+

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3098 on: January 15, 2013, 09:21:51 am »
If you buy from other students just make sure to check over the book. Even if we do tend to take better care of our college textbooks than high school you don't know the other guys selling more often than not so it never hurts to look it over to make sure everything is still legible.

But that's... basic stuff.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3099 on: January 15, 2013, 09:42:30 am »
I'll said it before, and I'll say it a again, the whole college textbook crap is a scam, plain and simple.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3100 on: January 15, 2013, 01:48:26 pm »
My math textbook was 230 bucks, ten years ago.  Math.  Alone.

I got $1300 for college when I graduated high school.  After I bought my textbooks for that semester/year? I was down to $712.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3101 on: January 15, 2013, 08:57:22 pm »
By 2nd year, I just thought "fuck it, I'mma just torrent the bloody things".

I would, but the clever dicks use such bloody new editions, you can't find a torrent for 'em anywhere.

But, all is not lost, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve to shave things down a bit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:59:00 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #3102 on: January 15, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »
I'm annoyed that I put the envelopes I was printing on in the wrong way, so the flap is on the "bottom" of the printed envelop rather than the top.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3103 on: January 16, 2013, 01:21:54 am »
My neck, lower back, and left thigh have been killing me lately. I'm sure it's the weather but damn.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3104 on: January 16, 2013, 01:38:06 am »
I play YGO, and the one thing that really annoys me is elites. The professionals. They're so snooty, in your face, and just...everything about them. They're annoying as hell, they think they're a Master Race just because they can draw lots of cards, and make a habit of never doing anything original.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer