Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067920 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3675 on: April 07, 2013, 09:48:00 pm »
comcast. Everything about comcast sucks, they fucking suck.

Charter's been getting annoying too.  They're alright, but the reception's been lacking a lot lately.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3676 on: April 08, 2013, 01:40:53 am »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....fucking hate Charter and Comcast.

Ironbite-*pets his Verizon FiOs*

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3677 on: April 08, 2013, 02:04:09 am »
Compared to Comcast, SuddenLink has been downright good to us.  Flexible, too, happy to take appeasements on bills with the promise of paying in full in a reasonable time frame.

Our mortgage company, on the other hand, has been damn near criminal in their dealings with us.  Thankfully, my mom's a negotiator so good, she'd put Roger Smith outta business.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3678 on: April 08, 2013, 01:38:09 pm »
I previously posted about my friend's roommate who is absolutely disgusting. He admitted to not washing his hands after jerking off, he hasn't washed his jacket in several months and constantly wipes his mouth on it when he eats, he doesn't bathe or clean his room, etc.

It's gotten so bad that the department chair just issued this email to comp sci students:

Many complaints have been issued about odor.  I do not mean just food.  People have complained that students have major BO and it makes it very difficult to concentrate and do work.  You would not go to work smelling like a garbage can so don't come to the lab smelling like one.  This is your job.

If you smell, you may be called out in public on it.  Take a shower before coming to work.

Yeah. Guess who it's directed at.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #3679 on: April 08, 2013, 03:49:21 pm »
I had a co worker who had to be talked to by a manger due to her smell, she was eventually fired.

Distind

« Reply #3680 on: April 08, 2013, 04:07:10 pm »
That happens around here with perfume like clockwork. My nose is of questionable use after growing up around smokers, when your perfume makes ME gag, you're wearing to damn much. Typically there's two emails to everyone and suddely the person is gone.

On a more annoyed note, I got brought in at the last second, well, a week after the last second, on a project that was supposed to start two weeks ago. The entire project is turning out to be like one of those russian nested dolls, only each one yells fuck you and spews out a new collection of problems every time I solve something. The level of planning on this is so poor I cannot find air quotes of sufficent size to cover it, so I've been looking for alternative notation to indicate the absolute absense of planning.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3681 on: April 08, 2013, 09:33:53 pm »
I previously posted about my friend's roommate who is absolutely disgusting. He admitted to not washing his hands after jerking off, he hasn't washed his jacket in several months and constantly wipes his mouth on it when he eats, he doesn't bathe or clean his room, etc.

It's gotten so bad that the department chair just issued this email to comp sci students:

Many complaints have been issued about odor.  I do not mean just food.  People have complained that students have major BO and it makes it very difficult to concentrate and do work.  You would not go to work smelling like a garbage can so don't come to the lab smelling like one.  This is your job.

If you smell, you may be called out in public on it.  Take a shower before coming to work.

Ewwwwww, that's just gross....

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3682 on: April 08, 2013, 09:57:19 pm »
I really wish this girl who sits next to me would shower and wear deodorant. She was a member of the band's colorguard, so during the fall she stunk like a literal skunk since she only showered once a week and would never wear deodorant. The Colorguard basically did 3 hours of intense cardio in the sun, in a dirt field, in late summer, every day after school. So imagine doing that without showering and deodorant. She's not too poor to afford deodorant + soap or anything either. Also she doesn't wash her hair every week like she showers, so it's in this huge blonde afro that's clearly dirty.

Also she always had really really dark circles under her eyes, so I wondered if she was too busy to shower or something weird like that. Actually it's because she doesn't wash off her mascara properly. Fuck.

She's really crazy. Not in the legit psychological disorder way, but like "seriously don't do that wtf" way. She wrote a story about these 2 boys who played drums in the band and posted it on some fanfic site. And by "story" I mean she wrote about her having a threesome with the 2 boys, in detail, and she didn't bother to change their names in the story. I mean the boys got creeped out already by her harassment and awkward touching, but this just was fucking insane.
They reported the story and it got banned, but she kept resubmitting it. Eventually she just gave up after it got reported so many times.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3683 on: April 08, 2013, 10:31:38 pm »
I don't see how some people can't take a shower/bath for days at a time...It bugs me if I go more than a day without showering or taking a bath.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3684 on: April 09, 2013, 01:35:04 am »
I got really bad when I was living with my ex after I lost my job.  Just...sorta gave up after awhile.  But that was due to depression.  Now...I take a fucking shower almost every damn day.  Cept when I'm not working.

Ironbite-...well once a weekend is fine I think.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3685 on: April 09, 2013, 01:48:26 am »

What the hell?

I don't see how some people can't take a shower/bath for days at a time...It bugs me if I go more than a day without showering or taking a bath.

The only time I've ever neglected showering in recent memory is when i don't have anywhere to be.  Even then, it starts feeling grody as fuck.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3686 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07:18 am »
I don't get how people can go so long without showering. On top of the nasty feeling you get, you can smell yourself! Especially when you get sweaty. Do these people just not have working noses?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Distind

« Reply #3687 on: April 09, 2013, 06:33:46 am »
Anime club at my college had hygiene standards for just these reasons. Apparently a few people got so bad they had to be ejected so everyone else could sit in an AUDITORIUM without smelling them.

And really... who ever it is responsible for server admin on my webhost is making me cranky right now. I'm not sure how long the server's been down, but it sure as hell hasn't been working since I got up. I may setup my own server just so at least then I can do something when it's fucked up.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3688 on: April 09, 2013, 08:33:25 am »

Wow that's bad.

For me it's a mixture of depression and just having difficulty getting into the shower thanks to medical issues. But you can be damn sure I take a nice long shower and scrub up good if I'm going out or we have company over. It's just common sense.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3689 on: April 09, 2013, 10:44:13 am »
I dunno how people do it. I start to feel nasty if I haven't showered for a day. Plus my hair looks and feels all oily, and it's quite noticeable since my hair is lighter.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades