Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067663 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4200 on: June 24, 2013, 12:42:32 am »
Changed over to Chrome the other day and i've only just realised that the spell check is in American English.

It was driving me fucking crazy, because I kept having words that were spelt correctly come up with red squiggles and I couldn't work out what was wrong with my spelling. Thought my brain had broken. :D
I've got the same problem with Firefox. I've got an add on to change it to Australian English, but it hasn't worked properly for months. Those red lines under words that are indeed spelled correctly is really giving me the shits.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4201 on: June 24, 2013, 02:48:51 am »
Changed over to Chrome the other day and i've only just realised that the spell check is in American English.

It was driving me fucking crazy, because I kept having words that were spelt correctly come up with red squiggles and I couldn't work out what was wrong with my spelling. Thought my brain had broken. :D
I've got the same problem with Firefox. I've got an add on to change it to Australian English, but it hasn't worked properly for months. Those red lines under words that are indeed spelled correctly is really giving me the shits.

"Correctly."
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4202 on: June 24, 2013, 03:24:48 am »

There are words that I don't think even differ from between the countries that get underlined.

Distind

« Reply #4203 on: June 24, 2013, 05:45:21 am »
So, I'm just about blind right now, my glasses fell behind the bed around 2 am, couldn't find them then. Woke up, not really sure I can find them now, probably could if I opened the blinds, but doing that would get me killed by my fiancee as it isn't even 6 yet. I miss being able to see a damn thing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4204 on: June 24, 2013, 07:16:37 am »
That's why you need that pincer contraption people use to get things from high shelves.

As for Chrome, you can fiddle with the settings to change the languages. Even a custom spelling dictionary.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 07:18:48 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4205 on: June 25, 2013, 08:44:29 am »
Eftpos at the train station was buggered today, so i had to sprint to the store to buy the cheapest thing i could find and get cash out. Missed my train cos of that
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #4206 on: June 25, 2013, 07:54:02 pm »
That's why you need that pincer contraption people use to get things from high shelves.

As for Chrome, you can fiddle with the settings to change the languages. Even a custom spelling dictionary.

Words that Microsoft Office dictionary doesn't know:

- My last name (It's Italian)
- Wicca
- Judgement (both this spelling and judgment are correct)
- O'Connor (as in Flannery)
- Dimetrodon (I thought this was a pretty well-known prehistoric lizard)
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4207 on: June 26, 2013, 01:21:51 am »
So for the last oh I'd say four to seven years during the summer months a single cricket would get into my house or more specifically my room it is loud it is annoying and no matter how hard we try we can never find this little bastard so every year I've had to listen to a loud ass cricket chirp for weeks on end until it starved to death.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4208 on: June 26, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »

Words that Microsoft Office dictionary doesn't know:

- My last name (It's Italian)
- Wicca
- Judgement (both this spelling and judgment are correct)
- O'Connor (as in Flannery)
- Dimetrodon (I thought this was a pretty well-known prehistoric lizard)

My last name had to be put into the dictionary. Got so annoying trying to write papers for school otherwise.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4209 on: June 26, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »
OMFG, Dad! I don't want to socialize! I don't want to talk. I don't want to play a board game. I don't want to watch TV with you. I've got my headphones on and my face buried in my computer for a reason! Read the MFing social cues!

But of course if I pick up my stuff and leave the room, I'll be the rude one.

Since I started the process to sell my house, I get so little alone time, it's literally* driving me crazy. I'm a person who loves, no, NEEDS his me time. And the ONE time in recent memory I have a block of time to myself, he has to come try to socialize. FUCK!!!

* And no, I'm not misusing that word.

EDIT: He went back to his computer (in another room). Thank Cthulhu.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:55:31 pm by JohnE »

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #4210 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:33 am »
My last name is of Irish origin, and I've never used a program that recognized it. heck, a lot of people need it spelled out for them.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4211 on: June 27, 2013, 04:43:00 am »
Mine is the name of a small Scottish burgh, and in fact was the one that gave its name to my ancestors. You can sure as hell bet that no spell checker knows it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4212 on: June 27, 2013, 04:59:19 am »
My first name is quite unusual, so spell check never recognises it either.

Also, I could never buy personalised souvenirs on school trips.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4213 on: June 27, 2013, 05:04:53 am »
I have a rather uncommon Croatian surname. There's no way any spell check would ever recognise it unless I specifically tell it to.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #4214 on: June 27, 2013, 12:09:33 pm »
I have a pretty common (or at least, not unusual) last name, with probably the most common spelling of it. A lot of spell checkers STILL don't recognize it.