Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067798 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5100 on: September 05, 2013, 05:03:08 am »
Ants are dicks.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5101 on: September 05, 2013, 05:06:26 am »
Ants are dicks.

Unless it's the breeding season, they're probably actually cunts.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

wrightway

« Reply #5102 on: September 05, 2013, 11:46:02 am »
I'm not even fond of SSM anymore, I kind of prefer "I support marriage equality" myself.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5103 on: September 05, 2013, 03:19:35 pm »
Starting today I have a 8 day work stretch, with no break until next Friday.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5104 on: September 05, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
I had enough milk for one glass. I could already taste that sweet milk and after making a pretty nice sandwich to go with the milk I accidentally tipped over the glass and spilled all of the milk on the table.

And some of it went on the floor. And the chair. And I think some of it got on the heater as well.

Pentele.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5105 on: September 05, 2013, 03:51:19 pm »
I'm not even fond of SSM anymore, I kind of prefer "I support marriage equality" myself.

'Marriage equality' makes a better slogan (because it sounds nice and all), but when sloganness is not a major consideration I prefer the specificity of 'same-sex marriage'. 'Equality' can mean equality under just about any parameter, and then you get people complaining that true equality should include marrying a 10-year-old or whatever.

Of course, 'same-legal-gender marriage' would be somewhat more accurate, but the phrasing is clunkier. A hard balance to strike.

As for 'gay marriage': I firmly support the right of straight people to get married to people of their same sex if they want to. I don't expect many of them will, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right. And two straight people of the same sex getting married doesn't seem any gayer than them entering any other contract.
Σא

wrightway

« Reply #5106 on: September 05, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »
Browser based games that do Us vs Them contests....and then only show you the individual leader board so you have no idea which team is winning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5107 on: September 05, 2013, 05:12:51 pm »

'Marriage equality' makes a better slogan (because it sounds nice and all), but when sloganness is not a major consideration I prefer the specificity of 'same-sex marriage'. 'Equality' can mean equality under just about any parameter, and then you get people complaining that true equality should include marrying a 10-year-old or whatever.

Of course, 'same-legal-gender marriage' would be somewhat more accurate, but the phrasing is clunkier. A hard balance to strike.

As for 'gay marriage': I firmly support the right of straight people to get married to people of their same sex if they want to. I don't expect many of them will, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right. And two straight people of the same sex getting married doesn't seem any gayer than them entering any other contract.

Pretty much right on the money there. Hah.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5108 on: September 05, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »
Not everyone who gets a marriage to someone of the same sex is gay, a-thank you. Still, point of view and all that.
True, but the marriage itself is gay. If two bisexual men are fucking, it's still gay sex. If two bisexual men are getting married, it's still a gay marriage.

No, not really.  If two bisexual men are fucking, they're having sex.  If two bisexual men are getting married, it's a marriage.

I don't go gay shopping at the gay store for gay groceries, after all.

Okay, that's the funniest god damned thing I've read all day.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5109 on: September 05, 2013, 08:42:42 pm »
Okay this is WAY past "I'm annoyed" and I already ranted about it on Tumblr but what happened is so completely FUCK HUMANITY that I'm posting it here.

Background: I have a haircut that, while it's pretty short overall, features bangs (fringe to y'all across the pond) that reach my mouth (but they're not quite long enough to tuck behind my ear). This hair stays to the side, unless I'm looking up and down repeatedly (like someone would if they're taking notes). I would cut it off except The Great and Fundamentalist Mother says that would be "too butch".
Anyway.
During the "work-with-your-partner" bit of chem lecture the aforementioned annoying bit of hair got in my mouth/way so much that I asked my lab partner for a bobby pin. She loaned me an ordinary brown bobby pin and I used it to pin the offending bit of hair into place.
This one "~*I'm so LIBBERAL and ACCEPTIN and I'm SUCH a SPESHAL SNOWPHLAKE*~" girl from the previously-ranted-about QSA decides it would be funny to snark "Y'know, for someone who wants to be taken seriously as a boy, you're not trying very hard!"
Correct response: Falcon Punch.
My response: avoid eye contact with anyone who might have heard (which was everyone, including the prof), freak out in boys' bathroom after class.
I can deal with "I'm-a-Speshal-Snowphlake"-type crap. I can deal with being misgendered/called by the wrong name (hell, I'm not even out to my family yet). I can deal with intrusive questions about my genitals/surgical history. But this cumstain, this asswipe, this crotchspawn of Cathy Brennan and Rick Santorum outed me. And because it's not bullying, just "insensitive", nothing happens to her. Meanwhile, I spend every chem lecture/lab for the rest of the semester scared and on edge because I don't know from where/whom the next "insensitive" comment will come. I don't know who wants to preach to me, or beat me up, or tell me that I "could be so pretty" or that I've been "brainwashed by the patriarchy".
And nobody (in meatspace, at least) gives half a flying fuck.

(For the record, I realize this situation would be about 5.674E10Jesus fuck that's a big number times worse if I were MtF, but that knowledge doesn't really lessen the OMGWTFBBQ for me.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #5110 on: September 05, 2013, 08:44:53 pm »
I'm curious. How did she know in the first place?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

wrightway

« Reply #5111 on: September 05, 2013, 08:47:05 pm »
Go to the very top. Complain. Complain. And then complain some more. What she did could get her charged as an accomplice to a crime if someone should harm you based on the information she gave out.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5112 on: September 05, 2013, 08:54:24 pm »
[snip]

Jesus Christ, what a bitch. This jackass is in the QSA, yet she doesn't know that outing someone is a seriously fucked up and mean-spirited thing to do?

Man, fuck her. Hard. With a rake.

Edit: Also, follow Brain Fritz's advice. Having it on record could be helpful in the future, especially if she continues to behave like this or, god forbid, something bad does happen.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:56:29 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #5113 on: September 05, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »
My old middle school, which I'm working at for community service, made lunch a period. It completely confused me. :/

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5114 on: September 05, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »
I'm curious. How did she know in the first place?
She's in the QSA, also known as the "I-want-to-look-open-minded-and-tolerant-without-being-open-minded-and-tolerant-cause-that's-too-hard" club. I think I said that. `\('_')/`
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!