Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065675 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5145 on: September 07, 2013, 10:11:22 am »
Still pretty decent here, though I think it won't be long before I'll be putting some heavier stuff on the bed.  It won't be one-sheet weather for long.  I can smell it in the air.  Crisp like an apple.  Love this time of year.

wrightway

« Reply #5146 on: September 07, 2013, 10:30:31 am »
A trip to the pumpkin farm won't be too far away. Though that belongs more in the good things thread.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5147 on: September 07, 2013, 11:30:44 am »
There's an arts festival going on a few blocks from my house so all the parking spots on my street are filled up, even though there is restricted parking.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #5148 on: September 07, 2013, 03:44:27 pm »
People complaining about perfectly normal weather. A friend of mine called me to complain about the temperature. "It's cold and it's only September." Yes, it's cold because we live in Ohio and It. Is. September. Just because we've had freakishly warm weather the last few Septembers doesn't mean this isn't the normal weather.
It's the same in NY. I'd be happy... if I didn't leave my door open last night and dad wasn't too cheap to turn on the heat for a bit, and my space heater wasn't broken. It's fucking cold in here.
SoCal is going through a bit of a heat wave, like it does every year. I'm trying to figure out why nobody's noticed the pattern yet. I mean, yes, we have broken pretty much every heat record by several degrees (up to 20 in some parts of LA/OC/Riverside counties I think), but the fact that people think the heat is odd for this time of year mystifies me.
It's near-fall in NY. That means bipolar temps. It was cold this morning. It's hot now.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #5149 on: September 07, 2013, 07:49:12 pm »
Weather's such a darn weird thing, isn't it?  I live just one state over from Brain Fritz, in Central Indiana, and it still very much feels like summer here.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5150 on: September 07, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »
Florida may or may not be the center of a space-time anomaly. Rain not only has a hard border, but it can move 10 or 20 yards in a few seconds at random.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5151 on: September 07, 2013, 08:36:28 pm »
Florida may or may not be the center of a space-time anomaly.

Given what else I've heard about America's Wang, I'm inclined to believe you.

Washington has, after a scalding summer, returned to the perpetual cloud cover we all know and love-hate-relationship.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #5152 on: September 07, 2013, 08:48:46 pm »
Florida may or may not be the center of a space-time anomaly. Rain not only has a hard border, but it can move 10 or 20 yards in a few seconds at random.
Oh, been there, done that. At my old home in FL, we could have heavy rain on one side of the house and sunlight on the other... and it last for an hour. Go out back and watch the rain falling out front.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5153 on: September 07, 2013, 09:01:59 pm »
In fact, I'm convinced that the only people who go to the afterlife are people who die in Florida.

Not because Florida is special in any religious sense, but because space-time is so warped there that it completely changes reality to something supernatural.

Why do you think so many people retire to here?

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #5154 on: September 07, 2013, 09:42:01 pm »
My old middle school, which I'm working at for community service, made lunch a period. It completely confused me. :/
That's nasty.

Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
The thing is, I thought I was going to have to interrupt a class. Glad I didn't have to.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #5155 on: September 07, 2013, 09:44:59 pm »
In fact, I'm convinced that the only people who go to the afterlife are people who die in Florida.

Not because Florida is special in any religious sense, but because space-time is so warped there that it completely changes reality to something supernatural.

Why do you think so many people retire to here?
That makes odd sense. My grandparents on dad's side did too.

wrightway

« Reply #5156 on: September 07, 2013, 10:16:15 pm »
Weather's such a darn weird thing, isn't it?  I live just one state over from Brain Fritz, in Central Indiana, and it still very much feels like summer here.

During the day we're still getting 70s and 80s. At night? 40s and 50s.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #5157 on: September 07, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »

During the day we're still getting 70s and 80s. At night? 40s and 50s.
Same here. Tonight's nice. I still have my door open.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5158 on: September 07, 2013, 10:43:44 pm »
My sister keeps moving the french bulldog mannequin around, freaks me out whenever I see it.

Its like barkley freaking out gloria in modern family...
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5159 on: September 08, 2013, 01:34:51 am »
When a guy on a forum gives a rude response to your post, you respond in an identical way (as in taking his post word for word and changing some words so it turns everything back around on him), and a moderator comes in to tell you off for being "condescending and rude" without saying a word to the older, more established member who came in swinging.

The same moderator that I got into it with the "20 character minimum in posts" rule, who said that the public forum thread made about it wasn't meant for debate and locked it after I bothered to argue the point.