Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066026 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5295 on: September 13, 2013, 05:07:45 pm »
Is there no low that United Way won't sink to?

The last couple of years, we kept getting the, "Think of the children" crap from them with their pulling us from our work to show us picture after picture of children who are starving or suffering.  I wanted to yell, You're standing right #%%@#@ there!  You %^$@!@$ feed them!"

This year, the rep told us, "if you don't donate monet to get these people off the street they're just going to break into your homes and steal it anyway." 

Really?  You went from guilt trips to solid threats?  What's really funny is I've encountered situations where UW actually took $ from people's checks even though they requested to not donate (I even had their receipts to prove it).  When I confronted UW about it, they made up excuses and tried to pressure me to tell the people to, "just let it go."  They changed their tune when I threatened to report them to their national office.

I'm sure UW has helped a lot of people, but from what I and so many I've spoken with have experienced, they're nothing but a group of bullies and thieves, and I'd love to know what they're saying or giving to our upper management to make them ignore the, "You will never be pressured to donate" rule.

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5296 on: September 13, 2013, 05:22:41 pm »
Wow seriously?  That's just low and illegal.

Ironbite-time to hit up their national office.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5297 on: September 13, 2013, 06:31:18 pm »
Pepperidge Farm has made their snickerdoodles about half the size they used to be. I feel really ripped off. Because they didn't change the price to reflect the decrease in actual product.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5298 on: September 14, 2013, 01:42:28 am »
Is there no low that United Way won't sink to?

The last couple of years, we kept getting the, "Think of the children" crap from them with their pulling us from our work to show us picture after picture of children who are starving or suffering.  I wanted to yell, You're standing right #%%@#@ there!  You %^$@!@$ feed them!"

This year, the rep told us, "if you don't donate monet to get these people off the street they're just going to break into your homes and steal it anyway." 

Really?  You went from guilt trips to solid threats?  What's really funny is I've encountered situations where UW actually took $ from people's checks even though they requested to not donate (I even had their receipts to prove it).  When I confronted UW about it, they made up excuses and tried to pressure me to tell the people to, "just let it go."  They changed their tune when I threatened to report them to their national office.

I'm sure UW has helped a lot of people, but from what I and so many I've spoken with have experienced, they're nothing but a group of bullies and thieves, and I'd love to know what they're saying or giving to our upper management to make them ignore the, "You will never be pressured to donate" rule.

Yeah, I would hit up the national office anyway. They change their tune long enough to make you go away, then go right back to being assholes. You need to actually bring their behavior to light, either to their superiors or to the public (whoever can help the most).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5299 on: September 14, 2013, 08:32:09 am »
My right knee's been being a cunt since yesterday...for absolutely NO possible fucking reason.  Just like it decided yesterday, of its own volition, that it'd make moving a pain in the arse.  Fuck you, knee.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #5300 on: September 14, 2013, 09:07:45 am »
There's a fly swimming in my coffee. I really need to get that whole in the screen door patched.

Painting a whole house by yourself is really annoying. I'm hoping I can get get the last of the painting done this weekend. Then I can finally finish unpacking.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5301 on: September 14, 2013, 12:41:19 pm »
People who think it's okay to touch my hair without my permission.

It's like there's some kind of hormone in curly hair that causes everyone to turn into social morons as soon as they're in its presence.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #5302 on: September 14, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »
My lack of time/energy to do anything. :/

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5303 on: September 14, 2013, 01:10:22 pm »
People who think it's okay to touch my hair without my permission.

It's like there's some kind of hormone in curly hair that causes everyone to turn into social morons as soon as they're in its presence.

I hate it when people do that.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5304 on: September 14, 2013, 01:23:56 pm »
I'm also super fond of the people who tell me that I should straighten my hair, because it looks "unprofessional" or "unkempt" in its natural state, regardless of how neat and clean I keep it.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5305 on: September 14, 2013, 02:12:29 pm »
(click to show/hide)
I was out of spoons at 10:30 but I still have to do things.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5306 on: September 14, 2013, 03:00:19 pm »
Forced software updates.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Mira

• Literally Worse Than Hitler
  • Pope
  • Cisphobic reverse racist
    • Houserule Gaming
« Reply #5307 on: September 14, 2013, 03:07:08 pm »
My oven takes 2 hours to pre-heat.
I’ve grown overfed, unconcerned and comfortably numb
Kept busy indulging in the pleasures of the wealthy
Oh, someone make me afraid of what I’ve become!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5308 on: September 14, 2013, 03:31:12 pm »
So I'm going through my RSS feed for something interesting, and under the tab I've got for news sites, I come across a pretty normal list. Bombings, Syria, Poles marching in Warsaw, typical stories from left/centrist sources that seem relevant to varying degrees. And then there's CNN, which felt it important to report on a celebrity (I forget her name, that's how little I care) losing control of her bladder on the freeway. Yes, in the midst of Syria, Russia, what appears to be discontent in Europe, and a plethora of science breakthroughs, that is what CNN deemed worthy of their attention. I only put the "mainstream" outlets in there to have some semblance of balance, but already I regret it.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5309 on: September 14, 2013, 04:58:21 pm »
And then there's CNN, which felt it important to report on a celebrity (I forget her name, that's how little I care) losing control of her bladder on the freeway.

Okay, I really need to look this up now. Because I want to know who it was, and whether they have the "I'm old" excuse.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.