Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068591 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5745 on: October 23, 2013, 07:16:07 pm »
I drove on a road for the first time today.  I had problems staying straight, and I think I almost hit some mailboxes.  I now feel sick and my legs feel weird and I have to go back out tomorrow.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5746 on: October 23, 2013, 08:00:08 pm »
Try not to worry too much. I think everyone starts off kinda rocky, but it gets easier with practice.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5747 on: October 23, 2013, 08:04:00 pm »
I know a girl whose first time driving involved hitting a mailbox and driving into a ditch, while going 5 mph. The way I see it, you can't be much worse than her if you tried.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5748 on: October 23, 2013, 08:07:54 pm »
I'm sorry you suck so much Queenofhearts.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5749 on: October 23, 2013, 08:23:24 pm »
I'm sorry you suck so much Queenofhearts.

I'll admit to being a terrible driver, especially in big cities, but that was not me...

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5750 on: October 23, 2013, 08:45:17 pm »
I know a girl whose first time driving involved hitting a mailbox and driving into a ditch, while going 5 mph. The way I see it, you can't be much worse than her if you tried.

Yeah, my dad was kind of getting freaked out when I started drifting back and forth, but he said I did good for a first real drive (I'd driven around a parking lot a couple of times previously), and that the important thing was that I didn't hit anything.

I made it about half-way to my house before we had to switch.  I still don't have a good handle on parking.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:49:23 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5751 on: October 23, 2013, 09:03:36 pm »

Yeah, my dad was kind of getting freaked out when I started drifting back and forth, but he said I did good for a first real drive (I'd driven around a parking lot a couple of times previously), and that the important thing was that I didn't hit anything.

I made it about half-way to my house before we had to switch.  I still don't have a good handle on parking.

It'll come with time. More you drive, the more you realize there's nothing to it. You put your foot on the brake, or the gas, and you turn a wheel.

That said, first time you drive in a big city, try to have someone with you that knows the area. Or GPS.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5752 on: October 23, 2013, 10:43:18 pm »
My parents are having an argument again. Sounds like a bad one >.<
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5753 on: October 24, 2013, 03:10:24 am »
My parents are having an argument again. Sounds like a bad one >.<

*hugs*
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5754 on: October 24, 2013, 03:43:13 am »
I literally know this feel, Eva. :( I'm sorry!

My annoyance: I fixed my sleep schedule then fucked it all up again at the worst time. I had doctor's appointments and I had to cancel one cause I couldn't go anywhere being so sleepy.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5755 on: October 26, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »
And now for something completely trivial:

For those of you who don't know, there's a site called Yarold's which is a click exchange site, a site where you can post links to your 'online adoptables' so they can grow faster.  It runs on a credit system; when you click links, you gain credits, when your links are clicked, you lose credits.  This ensures that everyone that uses the site is participating and that everyone's adoptables are growing.

Lately, I've been seeing an annoying trend among Tale of Dragons (a dragon site similar to Dragon Cave) users; instead of linking to their individual dragons, they're linking to their profile pages that list all their dragons.  This means that they're not only making extra work for their clickers by making them manually click their dragons on their page (as opposed to linking to their dragons directly), they're also cheating their clickers out of credits by having multiple dragons be clicked for free through the profile page.  And it's not just ToD (they're just the ones doing it the most), a couple Magistream users are doing it, too.

If you're on Tale of Dragons, Magistream, or any other adoptable site where all you need to do is click the creature to have it grow, and you link to your damn creature list instead of the actual creature that needs growing, I'm not clicking your shit.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5756 on: October 26, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »
So my dad has proven that he has a predictable pattern when it comes to problems.

1. Mom points out that the Problem is because of X.  Dad ignores her and insists that it's Y.
2. Dad continues ignoring Mom as the Problem gets worse and worse.
3. Problem goes too far and results in damage and a large waste of money.
4. Dad ends up admiting that Problem is X.
5. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Case in point:

Our water heater in the basement has been leaking.  Dad refused to acknowledge that and instead insisted it was the chimney leaking somehow.

Today, he acknowleged that it was the water heater... because the basement is now under a fucking inch of water.

I would also like to point out that it's been dry and windy today, so no, rain or otherwise outside water cannot be responsible for it.

I don't believe Dad will learn from this though.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5757 on: October 26, 2013, 08:55:05 pm »
My older brother is raging at me for getting a flu shot and tetanus/pertussis booster because "errmahgerd GUBBERMENT wharrgarble FORMALDEHYDE blah blah blah I DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE HOW OR WHY VACCINES WORK BUT THEY HAVE SCARY-SOUNDING SHIT IN THEM". Note that my reasons for getting the shot were 1) to try and protect his crotchspawn from his ignorance and 2) because it was covered by insurance and I had nothing better to do on a Wednesday afternoon. The newest batch of stoopid spewing out of his mouth is the idea that children are scarred for life from the rather mild trauma of getting their shots. I pointed out that becoming deathly ill because your parents were too paranoid about the wrong thing is almost certainly more traumatic than a three-minute procedure involving a few needles, and he shouted obscenities at me until I had to hang up on him. The Chocolate-Lobotomy frosting on this Cake of Fail is that our younger brother has type-1 diabetes and gives himself at least a dozen shots per day, yet his most prominent psychological scars center around Doctor Who baddies and the spiders from System Shock.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5758 on: October 26, 2013, 09:18:42 pm »
Sounds like your little bro is a helluva brave kid.  I don't know what I'd have to do if I had to give myself shots.
*Is a needle-shy wimp*

Those DW baddies... Let me guess... the Weeping Angels?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5759 on: October 27, 2013, 12:44:52 am »
Sounds like your little bro is a helluva brave kid.  I don't know what I'd have to do if I had to give myself shots.
*Is a needle-shy wimp*

Those DW baddies... Let me guess... the Weeping Angels?
1) I know needles are scary, but the ones he uses are so tiny and thin that if they were phalluses you'd laugh at them out of pity. They're about the length of half a pinky fingernail and the thickness of a cat whisker. The only way they could possibly hurt someone is if one pokes you by surprise because your stupid brother leaves them lying about like a charmingly quickly heroin addict. It's kind of sad, but he's been getting/giving shots since he was six (which is why he gobbles the lion's share of Mother's attention when she's not too busy spewing out-of-context Bible verses and laughing at her nephews on FB) so any drama about it has long since evaporated and been replaced with standard-issue I'm-thirteen-and-therefore-an-angsty-douchebag syndrome.

2) Yes, but he also shits his breeches whenever he sees someone in a gas mask or with light coming at them from more than one direction. In the grand tradition of brotherly grief-giving, I go out of my way to bring those things into his environment at every opportunity and he retaliates by setting my phone to make ME3 Banshee noise whenever I get a text message.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!