Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066955 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6090 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:39 pm »
Also, people who believe that being correct or intelligent means they have the right to be an asshole.  No.  No you don't.

I also hate people who hit middle age or later and figure that they can be assholes because they're old enough to earn that privilege.

Ha ha, no. I have no tolerance for bitchiness at the workplace, even if you're in your 50s.

Being around bitchy people makes me bitchy.

I am aware of the hypocrisy and all I can say is "it's not right when I do it, either."

You're not the only who adopts the 'be an asshole to me I'll be an asshole in return' way of doing things. Sometimes it actually accomplishes getting the other guy to realize he's being an asshole.

Sometimes.  Sometimes it just makes everyone involved even more of an asshole.

I figured that went without saying.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:30:42 pm by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6091 on: November 20, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »
I accidentally crashed the Minecraft server on which I play yesterday...don't mix MFR machines a Mekanism universal cables, kids!

Oh geez that sucks.

Also, in better news, I figured out how to make Dark Souls have playable framerate!  YAY!

...It involved going into the task manager and setting the priority for the game to "High".

The downside is, I have to do this EVERY TIME I load up the game.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6092 on: November 20, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »
I work at my local geology museum, and this one lady showed up yesterday. She claimed that quartz crystals could store more memory than most computers, and that was why ancient civilizations carved skulls out of them. Also, that "giant quartz wheels" were used as an energy source by ancient civilizations to power some kind of helicopter-like craft.

It didn't end there. Upon seeing our fossil plesiosaur skeleton, she claimed that a friend of hers had seen a family of living plesiosaurs on Lake Michigan and that another friend of hers had seen a live pterosaur in Vietnam (his native guide reportedly pointed up and said the local term for "DANGER!" at the time).
Somebody needs to stop watching science fiction while waiting for the meds to kick in. But the claim about the plesiosaurs reminds me of the time I went swimming in Lake Michigan in the middle of April, and I was the only person in the water for more than five minutes.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6093 on: November 20, 2013, 04:42:02 pm »
I accidentally crashed the Minecraft server on which I play yesterday...don't mix MFR machines a Mekanism universal cables, kids!

Oh geez that sucks.

Even better, I seem to have borked the map!  Thankfully, I believe one of our more ingenious players has a tool that can edit a map's contents directly outside of Minecraft.  With any luck, they'll be able to do just that and nix the lava fabricator, thus fixing the error right up.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6094 on: November 20, 2013, 04:53:08 pm »

Oh geez that sucks.

Even better, I seem to have borked the map!  Thankfully, I believe one of our more ingenious players has a tool that can edit a map's contents directly outside of Minecraft.  With any luck, they'll be able to do just that and nix the lava fabricator, thus fixing the error right up.

Hope it works.

Oh yeah, one big things that annoys me, politically.

The inability for a lot of conservatives (and some liberals) to realize that poverty drives people to crime, therefore, FIGHT POVERTY.  Make sure poor people don't have to stay poor.  Make sure that those who can't support themselves have support.  Use the government to do this because the people sure as hell don't care.

There are countries with low poverty that have actually been able to close prisons because, guess what, they don't have enough criminals to put in them!

Right now, America is going to eventually collapse under its own weight if it keeps increasing poverty while increasing the paychecks of the 1%.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6095 on: November 20, 2013, 05:50:17 pm »
I work at my local geology museum, and this one lady showed up yesterday. She claimed that quartz crystals could store more memory than most computers, and that was why ancient civilizations carved skulls out of them. Also, that "giant quartz wheels" were used as an energy source by ancient civilizations to power some kind of helicopter-like craft.

It didn't end there. Upon seeing our fossil plesiosaur skeleton, she claimed that a friend of hers had seen a family of living plesiosaurs on Lake Michigan and that another friend of hers had seen a live pterosaur in Vietnam (his native guide reportedly pointed up and said the local term for "DANGER!" at the time).

Did you ask her why we don't use quartz crystals to store memory?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6096 on: November 20, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »
Hope it works.

Oh yeah, one big things that annoys me, politically.

The inability for a lot of conservatives (and some liberals) to realize that poverty drives people to crime, therefore, FIGHT POVERTY.  Make sure poor people don't have to stay poor.  Make sure that those who can't support themselves have support.  Use the government to do this because the people sure as hell don't care.

There are countries with low poverty that have actually been able to close prisons because, guess what, they don't have enough criminals to put in them!

Right now, America is going to eventually collapse under its own weight if it keeps increasing poverty while increasing the paychecks of the 1%.

There are enough people in the U.S. with an absolute hatred for the poor and a Stockholm Syndrome-esque obedience to the super-rich that we won't be fighting poverty anytime soon.

Oh wait, someone is fighting homelessness in Hawaii. With a sledgehammer. That should be an indication of just how successful the wealthy elite have been in making the lower classes fight each other.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6097 on: November 20, 2013, 08:54:15 pm »
Not just someone, a politician.  A democrat, no less.

A democrat whose arse I want to kick until it hits the moon.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6098 on: November 20, 2013, 11:07:49 pm »

Did you ask her why we don't use quartz crystals to store memory?

I generally try to avoid getting into arguments with the visitors, so no. Usually if I run into someone trying to sell me on crazy ideas while I'm at work I just don't respond to them.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6099 on: November 21, 2013, 07:05:48 am »
This one kid on the Minecraft map I host is butthurt because I asked him to stop destroying everything in his path. It's a casual map with people who are more interested in the wanderlust aspect of the game, with some role playing going on, and he keeps starting huge fires and leading creepers to other players. There are no hard and fast rules per say, but there are guidelines for acceptable behavior. You want to wander around and say "wow, that's cool"? You came to the right neighborhood motherfucker. You want to demolish a mountain to build a giant castle/spaceship/phallus/what have you? Fine, go apeshit. You want to go around ripping shit up just cause you can? Do it on your own goddamn map.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6100 on: November 21, 2013, 11:00:01 am »
That should fall under the general opprobrium against spawn point trolling; don't be a weak, lazy score-whore of a dick.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6101 on: November 21, 2013, 09:54:36 pm »
- Has shower
- Steps out and starts to dry self
- Sees spider on stomach
- Swears more in fifteen seconds than rest of month combined
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6102 on: November 21, 2013, 10:04:40 pm »
right there with ya dude, spiders scare the heck out of me.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6103 on: November 21, 2013, 10:22:01 pm »
It could be a furry woodland critter on my stomach and I'd still jump out of my skin. Catching me off-guard is a bad thing. Hopefully I don't have those jumping on me as I get out of the shower.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6104 on: November 21, 2013, 10:45:07 pm »
If that thing had bitten me, it could've been a bloody redback and I'd be in ER right now. Can't take a shower without risking life or limb.
My country is ridiculous.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.