Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067518 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6225 on: December 05, 2013, 10:36:36 pm »
That's just fricking Antarctica weather, right there.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6226 on: December 05, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »
<high fives then hugs Dodongo>
Thanks bro.

Now back to complaining: I got in an argument with a co-worker about whether or not Miranda Lawson is worth an emotional investment. She was convinced that Miri's only character traits are her tits, her ass, her buckteeth, and her daddy issues. While I'll admit those things are prominent (sometimes to an annoying/distracting degree), that's not all she is. She (my co-worker) completely ignored her awkward-but-heartwarming relationship with her sister, her implied past relationship with Jacob, and her desperation to have a child. (Yes, she got LotSB and read all the files, she just didn't care.) That's not even going into her possie character development in 3 with regards to Cerberus, as well as her own self-esteem (going from a trying-too-hard "I'm never wrong" when you first meet her to a good-natured "Nobody's perfect" when you meet her on Sanctuary in 3, for example.)
TL;DR version: Miranda is significantly more rounded (and badass) than Ms. Oh-She's-Just-A-Butt-With-Buckteeth thinks she is.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6227 on: December 05, 2013, 11:37:31 pm »
That's just fricking Antarctica weather, right there.

Oi. It definitely felt like I was traversing the tundra while walking to and from the bus stop.

Related: Between the cold weather giving me mild frost nip (even with gloves), the overall dryness of the season, having to wash my hands constantly at work and the healing wounds/infection on my right hand, it looks like my hands have aged ten years over the past week. Freaking hurts, too.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6228 on: December 06, 2013, 12:30:56 am »
Maybe I should send you my Air Force cold climate jacket.  Though the coldest it's had to deal with down here is about -15 (F).   Maybe there's a Canukian AF jacket in a A/N surplus store near you.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #6229 on: December 06, 2013, 05:00:22 am »
I kinda am, but it's not gotten really cold down here yet except for a few nights.  The weather's been erratic though, as is expected.   It's also tornado season so... wheeeee.

Yeah, it dropped down to nearly -30 this morning and it was still in the -20s by the time I got off work. It's supposed to get down to -28 (-37 with windchill) tomorrow morning. This is ridiculously cold even by Canadian standards.

It might get up to a balmy -8 on Monday, if we're lucky.

Taking public transit has been fun these past couple days.

Suddenly, me biking to the bus stop in 25-30 degree whether doesn't seem so bad.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6230 on: December 06, 2013, 09:52:17 am »
I kinda am, but it's not gotten really cold down here yet except for a few nights.  The weather's been erratic though, as is expected.   It's also tornado season so... wheeeee.

Yeah, it dropped down to nearly -30 this morning and it was still in the -20s by the time I got off work. It's supposed to get down to -28 (-37 with windchill) tomorrow morning. This is ridiculously cold even by Canadian standards.

Suddenly, me biking to the bus stop in 25-30 degree whether doesn't seem so bad.

Ahh, ambiguous units of temperature...
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6231 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:05 pm »

I forget just where Mlle lives, but it is out in Western CA.
Here, and you can change the setting from default Celsius to Farenheit at the right top drop down tab. It fuckin' cold as hell no matter which.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/calgary/t2g/weather-forecast/52479
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6232 on: December 06, 2013, 03:10:16 pm »
Fahrenheit? Celsius?

When I calculate ideal gases, I use a scale that starts at zero.

Kelvin: Don't leave home without it.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6233 on: December 06, 2013, 09:17:10 pm »

I forget just where Mlle lives, but it is out in Western CA.
Here, and you can change the setting from default Celsius to Farenheit at the right top drop down tab. It fuckin' cold as hell no matter which.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/calgary/t2g/weather-forecast/52479

Calgary is, indeed, exactly where I live. :)

Also, when in doubt, assume I'm using Celsius.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:19:50 pm by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6234 on: December 06, 2013, 09:58:31 pm »
Where I am at the moment the minimum temperature is not getting much below 28 c. It's quite humid too.

Last time I went home it got down to 22 c and I have to put a jumper and track pants on.

I'm annoyed about women who think it would be a good idea for me to impregnate them.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6235 on: December 06, 2013, 10:11:13 pm »
I maintain such a limited understanding of Celsius, I just assume that anything about 20 is hot enough to roast flesh and anything below 10 is making your nipples freeze and fall off, and leave it at that.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6236 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:03 pm »
I got an unsolicited mini-lecture from my boss about the dangers of smoking. Now, before anyone restarts that particular flame war, I would like to point out that 1) I wasn't smoking in front of him, my cigarettes fell out of my pocket, 2) he held on to them the whole time he was lecturing me (basically holding them hostage), and 3) ignored repeated polite requests to give them back, all while 4) talking to me like I'm a "little lady" who's too silly to know what she wants. Whether you agree with my (or anyone else's) decision to smoke, he was way out of line.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6237 on: December 06, 2013, 10:53:57 pm »
That is kind of a dick move. However, I don't think it was particularly wise to make your avatar a picture of yourself smoking after the mini flame fest where you asked people to drop it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6238 on: December 06, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »
Well, it looks like all semblance of calm is about to go up in smoke.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6239 on: December 06, 2013, 11:02:34 pm »
Well, it looks like all semblance of calm is about to go up in smoke.

It would have been nice if you could have got a temperature pun in there too.