Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065104 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6525 on: January 06, 2014, 02:08:15 am »
It's cold.  It's really, really cold.  And there's a lot of snow.  So much that the hospital my mom works at wouldn't let workers go home today (they have to stay overnight).  I have to help shovel the driveway tomorrow in case my mom is permitted to leave, but she said she might not be back until Tuesday.  It's also really windy.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6526 on: January 06, 2014, 05:12:48 am »
Painful shits. It feels like I'm trying to squeeze out a pineapple.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6527 on: January 06, 2014, 06:08:40 am »
Well, someone needs more fibre in his diet...

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #6528 on: January 07, 2014, 03:04:05 am »
Alright, this is an current tangent: Why does everyone who watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic identify themselves as a "Brony"? I mean if you're sick of being tied to a bunch of disgusting racist-misogynist-homophobic-transphobic manchildren with huge persecution complexes and are unable to handle any criticism of the show or its characters, just fucking drop the "Brony" label. Why not identify yourself as a "MLPfan" or something? Nobody cares that you like that show, let alone the fact that it's more popular to its colossal periphery demographic, male and female (god help the adult female fans of that show who has to deal with the misogyny that is so common in the fandom).

Another thing is because I've grown to revile the very term "Brony", much like other putrid constructed words like "feminazi". And also that documentary that is entirely biased in a positive light.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6529 on: January 07, 2014, 03:08:30 am »
Suggestion: hardcore nutter fans of MLP can be bronies, and regular "casual" fans can be pegasisters (regardless of gender).
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6530 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:29 am »
Alright, this is an current tangent: Why does everyone who watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic identify themselves as a "Brony"?

I think it might be why feminists continue to call themselves feminists in spite of the radfems (aside from the major fact that feminism is a social rights movement, and bronies are obviously not.)

And also because the moment some of us start changing our label to prove that we aren't associated with the horrible people, the horrible people (who want to feel superior) will change THEIR label to follow us... so eventually, "pegasister" would have the same connotations as "brony" in every sense of the word.

Same with "MLPfan".
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #6531 on: January 07, 2014, 11:05:05 am »
We've dropped to 34 Fahrenheit here now. A few more degrees, and I'm praying that it's not meant to be a rainy day.

Edit: Cold days actually tend to be worse in Florida than elsewhere. For one, most people have barely any clothing suitable for freezing and below-freezing temperatures because we only get those for a month or two and it's inconsistent (the temperature yesterday changed by a factor of at least 10 or 15 degrees in the process of driving to work; now imagine that on a larger, daily scale). And the cold tends to feel even more biting because it's spaced inconsistently between warm weather, so you never have a chance to get used to it.

But the biggest problem is probably that most houses aren't designed with the best central heating. Our air conditioning is very good because of the tropical climate, but heating elements are more sparse and unused. Right now, I'm wearing a leather jacket indoors because turning the old heat on might set dust on fire.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:08:33 pm by chitoryu12 »
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #6532 on: January 07, 2014, 03:14:08 pm »
Suggestion: hardcore nutter fans of MLP can be bronies, and regular "casual" fans can be pegasisters (regardless of gender).
Frick yeah, I'm down with that. Heck, I consider myself androgynous anyway.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #6533 on: January 07, 2014, 05:44:24 pm »
I watch the show and I don't call myself a "brony" or "pegasister". I hate the hardcore fans because they're asshats for the most part. Though hardcore fans of any fandom are asshats in general.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:48:58 pm by Loki's Whore »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #6534 on: January 07, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »
Says the, ahem, hardcore Loki fan.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #6535 on: January 07, 2014, 06:41:34 pm »
I may be a member of "Loki's Resistance" but I'm not as much as a hardcore fan as I've seen on tumblr, which a good deal  of them like to  hate Thor or Jane. Seriously, they don't deserve hate, in my opinion(though it's ok if you hate on Odin, he's just a all around douche).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:51:51 pm by Loki's Whore »

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #6536 on: January 07, 2014, 11:36:59 pm »
Sick of waiting for my Medicaid card to come in the mail...I know the processing of it was delayed a bit over a mistake that was made with my income, but with so many new people being, you would think they would try to hurry the process a little.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #6537 on: January 08, 2014, 12:12:05 am »
It's always really weird for me to interact with Liara in-game cos in my headcanon she's the only person in the entire galaxy who calls Shepard by her first name but in game she just says "Shepard" like everyone else. I know, I know, petty gripe, nothing anyone can do about it, but it still breaks my imersion really bad.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6538 on: January 08, 2014, 12:19:59 am »
Going back to the naming of fandoms,  if I'm not mistaken, Doctor Who fans are still called "Whovians".  That's a moniker that's been around as long as the show itself.   At least, that's what I still call myself.  If that's not the 'in' term anymore I can't say I really care...

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #6539 on: January 08, 2014, 01:03:47 am »
I never heard Doctor Who fans called anything other than "Whovians". Try being a member of one with no fandom nickname for fans, Star Wars is a good example.