Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066063 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7920 on: September 02, 2014, 09:22:58 pm »
Finnish People, christ-like christians, horny gay people who enjoy eating ass, and pagans.
What do you have against Finns?

The language is impenetrable.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7921 on: September 02, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »
So, I have an air conditioner that, when I do use it, I keep it on because keeping my room cool takes a lot less energy than cooling it down in the first place.  Today was a day that warranted this.

My father, in his infinite wisdom, decided to let the cat into my room while I was gone, then left my door wide open.  So now, instead of just air conditioning my room, I was now air conditioning the hallway, the bathroom, the dining room, and the outdoors through the open windows.

Bearing in mind, it's not the loudest air conditioner, but it ain't quiet either.

Also, my cat doesn't need to be in my room when I'm gone.  Nor when I'm asleep.  I would say Dad doesn't get it, but he seems to make an intentional effort to avoid understanding it.

Then again this is the guy who refuses to believe anything either me or my mother tell him, but he'll instantly believe a website that mentions the exact same thing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #7922 on: September 02, 2014, 10:03:02 pm »
Finnish People, christ-like christians, horny gay people who enjoy eating ass, and pagans.

Haista vittu ja kaikki geandmothers.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #7923 on: September 02, 2014, 10:47:09 pm »

1337 h4x0r 5ki11z

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #7924 on: September 03, 2014, 02:21:21 am »

I know one word of Finnish, but it's decidedly vulgar.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7925 on: September 03, 2014, 09:44:34 pm »
I'm getting really sick of this ice bucket fad.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7926 on: September 03, 2014, 11:05:58 pm »

The "fad" has not only raised awareness for Lou Gherig's disease, but has raised $107.4 million as of now. It has done an unprecedented amount of good for medical research. Hating it and accusing it of being a "fad" is hideously obtuse.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7927 on: September 03, 2014, 11:15:15 pm »

The "fad" has not only raised awareness for Lou Gherig's disease, but has raised $107.4 million as of now. It has done an unprecedented amount of good for medical research. Hating it and accusing it of being a "fad" is hideously obtuse.

For once, I agree with chitoryu.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7928 on: September 03, 2014, 11:17:25 pm »

I don't hate it, I'm just getting sick of hearing about it every day. Constant repetition is annoying, regardless of what specifically is being repeated to death.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7929 on: September 03, 2014, 11:32:18 pm »

I don't hate it, I'm just getting sick of hearing about it every day. Constant repetition is annoying, regardless of what specifically is being repeated to death.

Then ignore it?  That's what everyone else does.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7930 on: September 03, 2014, 11:37:01 pm »

Then ignore it?  That's what everyone else does.

That would only help if I were actively seeking it out in the first place.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7931 on: September 03, 2014, 11:42:06 pm »
No, I'm fairly certain it's possible to ignore things whether you seek them out or not.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7932 on: September 04, 2014, 12:16:03 am »
I'm saying ignoring it doesn't help. It's been all over my usual sites for the past month or so. Ignoring it doesn't mean you stop hearing about it over and over again. If it did, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7933 on: September 04, 2014, 12:36:11 am »
I'm saying ignoring it doesn't help. It's been all over my usual sites for the past month or so. Ignoring it doesn't mean you stop hearing about it over and over again. If it did, this wouldn't be an issue in the first place.

That's why I'm saying to ignore it.  Ignoring doesn't mean it magically goes away.  Ignoring means you stop paying attention to it and stop letting it bother you.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7934 on: September 04, 2014, 12:59:05 am »
Ah yes, "stop letting it bother you". Where have I heard that before? Well, I envy you if that actually works for you. However, as I thought I made perfectly clear already, hearing the same thing over and over again is what's annoying. Whether I ignore or actively engage with it is irrelevant.