Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067609 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8040 on: September 21, 2014, 12:26:57 am »
Never change, Art.  Really. :)
I don't intend to.

As if the events of yesterday weren't bad enough, now the entire left side of my upper torso fucking kills. I physically can't take deep breaths, something as simple as standing up or moving my left arm fucking sucks anus and now said arm is starting to tingle ever so slightly. If this keeps up, I've no idea how the fuck I'm going to get to sleep tonight.

That sounds like a heart problem. Or at least some sort of infection causing neural damage
Say, are you a medical student?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8041 on: September 21, 2014, 12:30:52 am »
Forgot my phone at home today.  Was mad bored at work.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8042 on: September 21, 2014, 12:52:58 am »
I don't intend to.

As if the events of yesterday weren't bad enough, now the entire left side of my upper torso fucking kills. I physically can't take deep breaths, something as simple as standing up or moving my left arm fucking sucks anus and now said arm is starting to tingle ever so slightly. If this keeps up, I've no idea how the fuck I'm going to get to sleep tonight.

That sounds like a heart problem. Or at least some sort of infection causing neural damage

Half n half. I do biochemistry but cut open dead people. When they're alive...not so good
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8043 on: September 22, 2014, 04:01:00 pm »
I have a bug or something stuck between the backlight and the crystal on my LCD monitor and it's bugging the shit out of me.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8044 on: September 23, 2014, 08:41:23 am »
I don't intend to.

Half n half. I do biochemistry but cut open dead people. When they're alive...not so good
Who let you near dead bodies?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8045 on: September 24, 2014, 10:30:24 pm »
Rhythm should have a second vowel.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8046 on: September 24, 2014, 11:31:31 pm »
Rhythim?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8047 on: September 25, 2014, 01:10:11 am »
I was thinking rhythem.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8048 on: September 25, 2014, 01:12:04 am »
Rhythym.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8049 on: September 25, 2014, 01:29:18 am »
Rhythum.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8050 on: September 25, 2014, 01:32:15 am »
I admit that I am occasionally annoyed when I see spelling errors but apparently not as much as some people.

Someone went on to correct the mistakes on a huge poster at Tampere and then called a magazine and ranted to them about how the advertiser had violated the Finnish laws and committed customer fraud by having grammatical errors on the poster.

Oooohh, we have a new hero in town: "The Grammar Nazi."

I just don't get how someone can get so worked over such an issue.

The comments had similar grammar nazis popping out of course but one in particular caught my eyes. He(or she) was complaining about radio shows and how some announcers apparently can't pronounce the letter s properly. They complained that either they are speaking some kind of "gang language" or they have a speech impediment and that it was repulsive in any case.

Really? Someone having a speech impediment is repulsive?

And how can you live to be old enough to be able to type without hearing about accents and dialects?

Also: Ryhy-hyhy-hytmi.

...As it was pronounced in a Finnish rap song. (Normally it's just Rytmi in finnish. Which happens to have two vowels as Veras wanted.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8051 on: September 25, 2014, 01:33:30 am »
A thing that annoys me is people who try to force total moral ambiguity into a setting where it doesn't make sense.

Such as a setting where "good" and "evil" are literal, tangible forces that can fuel magic and where For The Evulz is actually practical.

Yes, that spell will make you evil, because it is fueled by evil energies.

No, Paladin, you cannot just graciously accept Infernal Healing, it's fueled with evil energy and was created by Asmodeus, who is most likely an enemy of whatever deity you worship.

No, Good Cleric, you cannot cast the spell, your god doesn't grant that power because she is a good god and it is an evil power.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:35:13 am by Magus Silveresti »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8052 on: September 25, 2014, 01:52:04 am »
Agreed. If the world has clearly written rules that define such things then trying to create ambiguity about it is clearly rewriting it.

Sometimes those rules are stupid and the world makes more sense to you if you change a few things in your game but not everyone wants to do that.

But even D&D has been getting better in these matters. For example, in the latest version the reason why some species are (nearly) always evil is that evil gods place a subtle mind control on the races that worship them so that everyone born will be naturally predisposed to be evil. (think of it like a voice inside your head that tells you to kick that cute puppy you saw) And even though there ARE some good members of those races, so that players can play "monster" PCs with good alignment, they are quite rare and struggle against their inner nature ...which can be turned into really angsty "90's comic" style adventurers. Or it could be roleplayed well as well I suppose.

Oh and since the "good" gods want to let their races make up their own minds and have a free will they can be good evil or something in between (which according to Ash means that they have the guns.)

Much better explanation than the previous "These guys just happen to be always chaotic evil."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8053 on: September 25, 2014, 01:54:22 am »

No, Paladin, you cannot just graciously accept Infernal Healing, it's fueled with evil energy and was created by Asmodeus, who is most likely an enemy of whatever deity you worship..

But isn't good entirely relative? Give me the infernal spawn for his first seven years, and I'll give you the infernal paladin.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8054 on: September 25, 2014, 02:00:01 am »

No, Paladin, you cannot just graciously accept Infernal Healing, it's fueled with evil energy and was created by Asmodeus, who is most likely an enemy of whatever deity you worship..

But isn't good entirely relative? Give me the infernal spawn for his first seven years, and I'll give you the infernal paladin.
Depends on the setting.