Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067845 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8790 on: April 28, 2015, 08:43:51 pm »
Roman Polanski's defenders.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8791 on: April 29, 2015, 12:57:59 am »
White people claiming to be equally disgusted by "both sides" of the Baltimore conflict.

Can you clarify that?
My guess is he's talking about the folks who say "oh, sure, police brutality is a problem, but some people rioted, which is clearly representative of ALL the protesters, so both are equally bad." No. The rioters are bad, but they are a minority taking advantage of the situation, AND the almost assuredly will be prosecuted. That's not a guarantee with the police.
Plus, even if the majority of protestors were rioters, it still feels like a false equivlency to compare the two.
You don't say a kid who gets bullied and ends up breaking some of his moms stuff in a rage is just as bad as the bully.

Edit: I've actually decided that I find people who use the existence of riots to justify their apathy towards social causes to be annoying.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 03:40:38 pm by I am lizard »

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8792 on: April 29, 2015, 12:31:16 pm »
Ok. That makes a lot of sense.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8793 on: April 29, 2015, 03:26:13 pm »
Edit: I've actually decided that I find people who use the existence of riots to justify their apathy towards social causes.
...So you are planning to look for people like that? Why?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8794 on: April 29, 2015, 05:45:16 pm »
Having your OS go really buggy on you and having to reinstall it, then having to get everything back to more or less the way you had it before.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8795 on: May 01, 2015, 02:36:55 pm »
Audacity keeps wanting to stop recording when I'm doing videos which is making for some pretty stilted LP commentary.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8796 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:06 pm »
People who pay their living expenses through crowd-funding services.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8797 on: May 01, 2015, 10:57:33 pm »
"DAE THINK PLUTO  IS A PLANET XXXXDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!1111!!!!1!!!11!"

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:06:32 am by I am lizard »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8798 on: May 01, 2015, 11:40:27 pm »
People who pay their living expenses through crowd-funding services.

At least paying real living expenses is better than what some people do.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #8799 on: May 02, 2015, 02:11:27 pm »
Firefox keeps crashing on me or 404ing every website I go to.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8800 on: May 02, 2015, 11:37:54 pm »
People who don't understand the difference between "chubby" and "obese".  There is such a thing as taking fat acceptance too far, you know.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8801 on: May 03, 2015, 01:58:09 am »
Hotdoggiddemon.
His stuff is occasionally funny, but it's essentially just the same "LITTLE KIDS CARTOON CHARACTERS SAID 'CUNT' ITS FUNNY!!!" Jokes that appeal to the same demographic that found Disaster Movie funny.

Also he's a huge sexist and probably racist, so their's that.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8802 on: May 03, 2015, 02:17:35 am »
Hotdoggiddemon.
His stuff is occasionally funny, but it's essentially just the same "LITTLE KIDS CARTOON CHARACTERS SAID 'CUNT' ITS FUNNY!!!" Jokes that appeal to the same demographic that found Disaster Movie funny.

Never heard of this guy, but he sounds like a giant douche.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8803 on: May 03, 2015, 02:24:35 am »
Hotdoggiddemon.

Yeah, I'm gonna agree, despite having a quote of one of his videos as my signature*. Other than MAGIC.MOV the only thing of his I liked was the fight in SWAG.MOV, mostly because it felt like something out of Evangelion.

* I thought it had to be a quote taken from somewhere else the first time I heard it, but when I did a google search nothing came up.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 02:27:07 am by MadCatTLX »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8804 on: May 03, 2015, 04:49:29 pm »
Hotdoggiddemon.

I'm gonna have to ask you to prove that claim.  From the blog posts of his that I've read, Max G. seems like an alright guy.  Personally, I love his stuff, and a fair part of it is for the massive butthurt it causes.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.