Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066596 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8955 on: August 21, 2015, 02:54:49 pm »
I think the left channel on my new (less than 3 weeks old) headset has gone out...or the wire leading to it has.  I've no idea how to fix it, and I dunno if I can file an RMA for it or not.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #8956 on: August 21, 2015, 09:06:04 pm »
when the forum's quiet... too quiet... i wish for thecontrarian to troll a bit and set off a megathread. except it seems he (as well as other trolls) has gone the way of the dodo.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8957 on: August 21, 2015, 09:26:43 pm »
Things have been quiet for a bit since UP went to Turkey.  Not sure I miss him that much.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8958 on: August 22, 2015, 12:28:02 am »
Things have been quiet for a bit since UP went to Turkey.  Not sure I miss him that much.

I thought I wouldn't miss having the political cartoon threads released from his bondage, but they feel empty without him trying to shove his ideology down our throats.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #8959 on: August 22, 2015, 08:08:57 am »
i hope he's enjoying himself, though it's not the best time to visit turkey.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8960 on: August 22, 2015, 01:15:10 pm »
i hope he's enjoying himself, though it's not the best time to visit turkey.

Oh, I had a wonderful time.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8961 on: August 22, 2015, 05:28:34 pm »
And I never said I wanted you back.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8962 on: August 22, 2015, 05:32:08 pm »
I'll admit I wanted him back.

UP, I can't quit you.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #8963 on: August 25, 2015, 01:21:44 pm »
Autoplay video ads.  The bane of the internet. 

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8964 on: August 25, 2015, 09:49:23 pm »
Today, for the first time, I timed myself as I did each of my Rubik's Cubes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, and 7x7) with the goal of being able to do all five of them in less than an hour.  My final time was 1:02:31.  I'm now confident that I could do it if I devoted 100% of my attention to solving them, but it still doesn't count, and it will take another hour of my time to do so.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8965 on: August 26, 2015, 12:54:05 am »
Youtube sucks worse than ever.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8966 on: August 26, 2015, 08:29:12 pm »
Today, for the first time, I timed myself as I did each of my Rubik's Cubes (3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, and 7x7) with the goal of being able to do all five of them in less than an hour.  My final time was 1:02:31.  I'm now confident that I could do it if I devoted 100% of my attention to solving them, but it still doesn't count, and it will take another hour of my time to do so.

That's pretty cool.

(I actually have no idea what's a normal time for solving a 7x7 cube, but it still sounds cool to me)
Σא

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8967 on: August 26, 2015, 09:42:47 pm »

That's pretty cool.

(I actually have no idea what's a normal time for solving a 7x7 cube, but it still sounds cool to me)

I don't know what the world record is for the 7x7, but it's definitely under three minutes, probably somewhere in the neighborhood of two and a half (I didn't look very hard, but the fastest video that I can find is 2:38.93, and it's labeled as being a former world record).  I'm nowhere near that fast.  I'm not really into speedcubing, I just like cube puzzles as objects (I love they way they look, feel, and move), and play with them when I'm watching Netflix or stressed out.  It takes me about 2 minutes to do the 3x3, 5 minutes for the 4x4, 10 minutes for the 5x5, 15 minutes for the 6x6, and apparently a little less than half an hour for the 7x7.  Granted, I've only had the 7x7 for a few days, so I can solve it, but I haven't really figured out the most efficient way to do it yet.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8968 on: August 27, 2015, 02:00:50 pm »
Youtube sucks worse than ever.
I haven't really noticed any changes.  Unless it's a very very recent change.

Even Then

« Reply #8969 on: August 28, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »
When headphones get fritzed and only work when held in a specific position (which always keeps CHANGING)