Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068702 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9210 on: October 12, 2015, 11:11:39 am »
People complaining about games having really easy difficulty settings.  Not everybody is as hardcore as you, asshole.

i always go easy-peasy for the first playthrough. it helps me get the story and figure out game-killing combos for the later playthroughs. idiots who are "always harcore. all the time" forget that playing games is meant to be enjoyable before anything else.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9211 on: October 12, 2015, 11:24:50 am »
I watch LPs as a form of consumer research before I buy a game.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9212 on: October 12, 2015, 12:00:43 pm »
Svata just tell the dick to fuck right off. Who is he to tell you what's fucking productive or not. Plus I imagine he does something not so productive on his downtime so who is he to tell you what the fuck to do.

Er, his main hobby is selling guns/making ammo (for people who want custom amounts of powder in the cartridge and such).

That doesn't sound that productive.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9213 on: October 12, 2015, 12:52:21 pm »
Games that let you decrease the difficulty.

I want to be hardcore but my games won't let me.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9214 on: October 12, 2015, 03:10:43 pm »
Svata just tell the dick to fuck right off. Who is he to tell you what's fucking productive or not. Plus I imagine he does something not so productive on his downtime so who is he to tell you what the fuck to do.

Er, his main hobby is selling guns/making ammo (for people who want custom amounts of powder in the cartridge and such).

In his mind making money = productive.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9215 on: October 12, 2015, 03:13:34 pm »
Well tell him that yes, you can make money doing nerdy shit since Pewdiepie is a fucking millionaire and it's just from doing Let's Plays.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9216 on: October 12, 2015, 04:40:10 pm »

In his mind making money = productive.

I hear you can make a lot of money by cornering the market on pyrimethamine and inflating its price to $750/pill. Surely these rent-seekers are the paragons of productivity.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9217 on: October 12, 2015, 06:25:07 pm »
Re LPers: Some of them are legit hilarious and entertaining.  Like well beyond the game they're playing.

Ironbite-and some of them actually teach you some skills you can use in the game.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9218 on: October 12, 2015, 08:12:09 pm »
I'll confess that I've grown rather fond of a couple LPers because they're good people who bring a great deal of positivity into their videos. It really does make for a better day.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9219 on: October 12, 2015, 08:21:06 pm »
My big three are Chuggaa, SuperJeenius, and this one little known guy who hardly ever updates anymore, goes by ecwcwwe. And Spoony, if he counts.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9220 on: October 13, 2015, 02:06:33 am »
I'd just like to say I passionalty despise the Reddit Default base.

They're a bunch fucking racist, sexist, transphobic twits who think of themselves a liberals because they smoke pot and think Bernie Sanders is neat.

Yeah, sorry for the venting. Just saw another thread with a bunch of upvoted transphobia.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9221 on: October 13, 2015, 06:20:55 am »
I'd just like to say I passionalty despise the Reddit Default base.

They're a bunch fucking racist, sexist, transphobic twits who think of themselves a liberals because they smoke pot and think Bernie Sanders is neat.

Yeah, sorry for the venting. Just saw another thread with a bunch of upvoted transphobia.

Mind dropping a link, just so I can see for myself?

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #9222 on: October 13, 2015, 11:58:14 am »
People complaining about games having really easy difficulty settings.  Not everybody is as hardcore as you, asshole.

i always go easy-peasy for the first playthrough. it helps me get the story and figure out game-killing combos for the later playthroughs. idiots who are "always hardcore. all the time" forget that playing games is meant to be enjoyable before anything else.

For me, it depends on how easy "easy mode" is.  If it's "not too bad, but there are still minor challenges," then I love easy mode.  If it's expressly designed for small children who haven't developed the motor skills or strategic ability I have, then I'm going to get bored with it.

This is the only issue I have with Child of Light, in fact.  There's "Casual," which Ubisoft has expressly said is for the kids, and "Expert," which is punishingly hard.  No in-between, so I'm basically doing a lot of level-grinding and oculus-hunting.  (I also got the Golem DLC, since having an extra PC to choose from is always nice.)

I love absolutely everything else about the game: the characters, the different abilities those characters have, the artwork, the cute rhyming text, the system for blending oculi, the combat timer, the way "random" encounters are set up.  But the last spider in Magna's heart is super fucking hard for me, and since there's no other difficulty between "Super HARDCORE" and "Literally made for kindergarteners," I'd feel like a wimp switching difficulty in-game.  (And yes, you can do that.)

(For the record: All of my characters are at level 28-30 except the Golem.  I bought his DLC specifically because of that damn spider, so he's only at level 17 thus far.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:01:55 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #9223 on: October 13, 2015, 12:25:43 pm »
Indeed. In the Persona franchise there's easy, which is too easy, really, normal, which is most game's hard, hard, which is, well, it's an Atlus franchise. And then there's "very hard", which is hard, with the added difficulty of only getting half as much xp and cash from fights.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9224 on: October 13, 2015, 09:18:26 pm »
I've done the longest homework for fucking calculus.  My brain is dead, and I still need to do chemistry.  FUCK ME.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.