Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065292 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9300 on: November 01, 2015, 07:56:54 pm »
My dad showed everyone a racist joke ("it's a picture of Ronald Reagan babysitting Obama!" *shows picture of Reagan feeding a baby chimpanze*) at the dinner table (with equally-racist company over) and when I said "Wow, that's racist" he incredulously demanded to know what was racist about it.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9301 on: November 01, 2015, 08:26:46 pm »
My dad showed everyone a racist joke ("it's a picture of Ronald Reagan babysitting Obama!" *shows picture of Reagan feeding a baby chimpanze*) at the dinner table (with equally-racist company over) and when I said "Wow, that's racist" he incredulously demanded to know what was racist about it.

I thought you were Even Then and wondered what a Finnish family was doing talking about Reagan.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9302 on: November 01, 2015, 08:29:52 pm »
Anybody else think Christmas advertising shouldn't start until Black Friday?

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9303 on: November 01, 2015, 08:32:54 pm »
December. It shouldn't start until December.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9304 on: November 01, 2015, 08:36:27 pm »
Yeah. This Christmas Creeping is really getting on my nerves. It is barely past Halloween!

Let us enjoy Thanksgiving before throwing us all into Christmas!

Also, I'm inwardly dreading every day that goes by that it might be the last that Starbucks offers its Pumpkin Scones.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9305 on: November 01, 2015, 08:40:11 pm »
Yeah. This Christmas Creeping is really getting on my nerves. It is barely past Halloween!

Let us enjoy Thanksgiving before throwing us all into Christmas!

Also, I'm inwardly dreading every day that goes by that it might be the last that Starbucks offers its Pumpkin Scones.

Hey, at least you have a (commercializable) holiday you can point at as something between Halloween and Christmas.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9306 on: November 02, 2015, 06:09:22 am »

i wish it'd start on december 1st. in france, halloween is a really new holiday (used to be allsaint's day and the day of the dead that was honored, and wasn't a big deal outside of florists). on the plus side, we've got cheap candy, decorations, and costumes on sale in october. on the downside, it's also triggered christmas creep. we're on november 2nd, and stores and businesses are already starting to deck themselves out in "winter cheer". nevermind that snow is uncommon around here. so far, no merchandising to be seen outside of in-store decorations, though. might wait one or two weeks.

say, quick question for any americans living in the southwest. despite the desert, do businesses use fake snow in their storefronts? and is it ludicrous, egregious, or well done?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #9307 on: November 02, 2015, 06:18:10 am »
Goddamn session goddamn timed out when I was writing my goddamn reply to the goddamn Things People Say thread. Now I've lost track of my goddamn thoughts. Goddamn.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9308 on: November 02, 2015, 08:15:20 am »

i wish it'd start on december 1st. in france, halloween is a really new holiday (used to be allsaint's day and the day of the dead that was honored, and wasn't a big deal outside of florists). on the plus side, we've got cheap candy, decorations, and costumes on sale in october. on the downside, it's also triggered christmas creep. we're on november 2nd, and stores and businesses are already starting to deck themselves out in "winter cheer". nevermind that snow is uncommon around here. so far, no merchandising to be seen outside of in-store decorations, though. might wait one or two weeks.

say, quick question for any americans living in the southwest. despite the desert, do businesses use fake snow in their storefronts? and is it ludicrous, egregious, or well done?

Didn't live in the southwest, but I lived in a perpetual marsh, and despite the fact that most of what we get wouldn't even qualify as a slushie, let alone actual snow, I think I can paint an...adequate picture.  The short answer is yes.  The somewhat longer answer is that they do use fake snow, but its rarely used outside and, when it is, its usually large department stores (ie: Macy's) that do it.  Its use really depends on the store in question and who's in charge, so it can span the entire gamut, but most of what I've seen is at least tastefully done and confined to its proper area.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9309 on: November 02, 2015, 02:53:25 pm »
Seeing Christmas advertising in November makes me want to kill Christ in his cradle all over again. Jesus fuck.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9310 on: November 02, 2015, 03:47:25 pm »
Talk about mixed messages...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9311 on: November 02, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »
Seeing Christmas advertising in November makes me want to kill Christ in his cradle all over again. Jesus fuck.

Meh. I started having family talk about Christmas in fucking September. Sep. Tember. So yeah, November is okay. But I'd prefer if it waited till after my birthday.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9312 on: November 02, 2015, 04:02:59 pm »
I'm depressed and annoyed. I have no idea why I'm depressed and therefore I don't know how to fix it. At least I know why I'm annoyed: at the non-specific depression.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9313 on: November 02, 2015, 04:03:46 pm »

Do up a zombie theme nativity scene in the front yard. If you have a plane ticket outta there first, that is.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9314 on: November 02, 2015, 05:08:14 pm »

Oh fuck another agreement with UP.

Ironbite-*commits seppuku, respawns*  DAMN IT!