Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065026 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9375 on: November 16, 2015, 02:19:54 pm »
I would give them a week maybe a month tops before they all kill each other.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9376 on: November 16, 2015, 08:17:41 pm »
Then again, they probably wouldn't find any magical sea slugs, so they could well last a little longer than Rapture.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9377 on: November 17, 2015, 12:31:13 am »
I hate the minion fad.  I hate Despicable Me, yes I saw it, no it was not of my own free will.  It was Thanksgiving at my girlfriend's sister's place, and her kids somehow love that crap.  They're literally featureless, yellow pill-things.  They barely communicate.  They have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and I can't wait for them to stop showing up on my god damned Facebook feed...and everywhere god damned else, too.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9378 on: November 17, 2015, 12:41:38 am »
The first movie in the series was a decent family flick. Everything after sucked rotten skunk asses.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9379 on: November 17, 2015, 08:05:17 pm »
Oh look, another stupid thread from UP.  Gotta get that post count up eh boy?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9380 on: November 17, 2015, 08:12:29 pm »
Are you talking about who has HIV?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9381 on: November 17, 2015, 08:48:58 pm »
Yeah.  Do you or anyone here really give half a shit if Charlie Sheen has HIV?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9382 on: November 17, 2015, 09:39:19 pm »
not surprised and don't care.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9383 on: November 17, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »
Weird, I thought that'd been confirmed years ago.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9384 on: November 17, 2015, 11:31:08 pm »
I care about random, banal, soulless celebrity trivia!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9385 on: November 18, 2015, 02:32:01 am »
I think it's newsworthy because he is the first big Hollywood star (or at least a former one) who openly reveals to have HIV.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9386 on: November 18, 2015, 06:16:37 am »
I hate the minion fad.  I hate Despicable Me, yes I saw it, no it was not of my own free will.  It was Thanksgiving at my girlfriend's sister's place, and her kids somehow love that crap.  They're literally featureless, yellow pill-things.  They barely communicate.  They have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and I can't wait for them to stop showing up on my god damned Facebook feed...and everywhere god damned else, too.

Agreed, though for different reasons.  I actually wanted to like DM.  I thought the idea of a supervillain who softens when 3 little girls enter his life was a nice story.  And it'd be fun to watch him slip into villain mode at certain parts.

However, he was a soft-headed wimp right from the beginning, which gave his character little to no transition, at least to me.

Minions just felt like a reminder of how I was looking forward to this movie and how much it disappointed me.

Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9387 on: November 18, 2015, 11:40:12 am »
Ok. On the minions a second. I've seen the first one more times than I can count, little kids and all. First of all, it's a little kids movie. I hope nobody was expecting Shakespeare or Laurence of Arabia. Most (but not all) kids movies are crap. So comparing apples to apples, DM wasn't near as bad as it could have been. Certainly better than Elmo. Honestly, I was more worried about Russell Brand in a kids movie than I was annoyed about the minions. At first.
My kids figured out the lesson pretty quick. Gru was a weirdo. He talked with an accent, looked odd, his house didn't really fit in with the rest of the neighborhood. But under all that, he wasn't really a bad guy. When the kids took the time to get to know him, they realized that. So my kids took away that it was a movie celebrating inclusion and going beyond skin deep. There are worse lessons from movies for young'uns.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9388 on: November 18, 2015, 12:10:03 pm »
The first Despicaple Me film was pretty fun (although not as good as Megamind.) the second had a decent amount of good jokes but the overall plot wasn't neither particularly good nor bad enough to be fun. The Minions spinoff had less decent jokes (the amount of jokes was high, I wish they had concentrated on the quality) and a horrible plot.

Speaking of spinoff films. I still haven't seen the Penquins movie completely. I've seen bits and pieces as my kids watched it and Imgur still shows bits of it every now and then but apart from few funny jokes and a vague knowledge of the plot I still haven't seen it properly.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9389 on: November 18, 2015, 12:14:06 pm »
To be fair, thats because Megamind was a fucking masterpiece.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".