Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068084 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10185 on: September 01, 2016, 09:00:35 pm »

EDIT: FINLEX saves the day!

When I saw that post my mind read that line as FINEXIT (as in the Finish equivalent of BREXIT) saves that day.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10186 on: September 05, 2016, 01:58:35 am »
I updated chrome and now all my extension icons are tiny and weird.  One of them is a weather app that constantly displays the temperature, and now the numbers are tiny.  I can't even tell how much space this actually saved.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10187 on: September 05, 2016, 09:47:17 am »
I updated chrome and now all my extension icons are tiny and weird.  One of them is a weather app that constantly displays the temperature, and now the numbers are tiny.  I can't even tell how much space this actually saved.

In terms of both memory and HDD space, I'd say somewhere in the neighbourhood of not a damned bit.  Pointless micro-optimization is pointless.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10188 on: September 07, 2016, 03:38:46 pm »
Credit card scammers. I just got a call from one, offering to lower my interest rate from a rate lower than what I currently have to an absurdly low rate "for the rest of your life". So I told him he was a scammer, he insisted he wasn't, and then I gave him the two smoking guns (call display not showing that it was actually from my credit card company and the fact that the interest rate he told me I was paying wasn't the one my statement said I had). He hung up partway through that last part, but it felt good to call a scammer on his bullshit.

I just hope no one else gets suckered by that crap.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #10189 on: September 07, 2016, 04:37:01 pm »
Considering that Chrome can be really iffy on whether or not it wants to give the option to save a new password, I wish there was a way you could manual add or change passwords saved to Chrome.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10190 on: September 07, 2016, 08:16:32 pm »
Considering that Chrome can be really iffy on whether or not it wants to give the option to save a new password, I wish there was a way you could manual add or change passwords saved to Chrome.

But you can? It's in the Manage Passwords section of the settings. I use it all the time at work.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10191 on: September 10, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »
Why don't dudes get the freaking awesome rings women seem to have in plurality on Amazon?  Like this one.  Fucking amazing-looking, and there's almost nothing like it in the men's section.  Almost wanna find a way to convert men's sizes to women's and get something like that, anyway, because not only does that look like something a god damned sorcerer would wear, but I need a 6th ring to even me out...my right pinky's feeling lonely.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10192 on: September 11, 2016, 02:29:35 am »
Finnish geek group on FB talks about female armour and representation of different kinds of people in RPG artwork and suddenly from under the rocks come crawling folks who complain about women and minorities and now they start complaining about "virtue signalling."

So, basically, they can't believe that other men don't look down on women and other ethnic groups and assume that we are just pretending to care about them in order to fit in...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #10193 on: September 11, 2016, 04:31:07 am »
It's the same idea behind the "white knight" accusation I get from MRA's all the time. The only possible reason they can imagine I'd be nice or polite to women is to get in their pants. It's honestly not an uncommon mindset, just look at the modern right wing of the western world; the Trumps and Farages and Le Pens. They al assume everyone is as petty and selfish as they are.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10194 on: September 11, 2016, 05:46:00 pm »
They cannot fathom anyone not thinking as they do - its really an embarrassing and annoying way of thinking. Its one of the reasons I cannot stand the modern right wing. Let others be courteous and good debaters. They insult me with their self styled "arguments", which really are just spouting unsubstantiated statements and racist babble.

I further say let Trump say he loves the poorly educated.

I despise them.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10195 on: September 12, 2016, 03:20:48 pm »
I'm being forced (at least, that's what the email I got seems to imply) to attend a trio of idiotic "events" at uni as part of the "transfer experience."  Translated, it means that the university is wasting my fucking time with pointless, inane bullshit when I could be using that time for fucking schoolwork, otherwise known as "that thing I need to do so I don't end up getting kicked out for shit grades."  Hell, I could better spend the time I'm going to have to waste by picking my nose or even just taking a damned nap.  I'm already exhausted from today, and I have to go back to uni in about 15 minutes to have some asshole(s) talk my ear off about health or some shit.  Unfortunately, its not just MY time they're wasting: its a group clusterfuck event!  Hoo-fucking-ray.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10196 on: September 13, 2016, 04:25:26 pm »
It seems everyone has started referring to earbuds as "headphones" and I've only just noticed. What the hell, people?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10197 on: September 13, 2016, 08:26:25 pm »
The fuck are earbuds?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10198 on: September 13, 2016, 10:14:02 pm »
Earphones, to you lot (I assume).

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10199 on: September 13, 2016, 10:21:20 pm »
The ones you stick in your ears as opposed to wearing on/around them.