Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068378 times)

Distind

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2265 on: October 01, 2012, 12:07:07 pm »
I'm seriously considering just getting up and going over to my desk without saying a word to get started on my homework.

Alternately, I could crank the sax music on my iPad.

Or fart.
Text someone to pull the fire alarm.

I actually had that happen while I was in school. I was out enough to not really register what was going on, but then the fire alarm went off. It happened enough I was well used to it, so in two quick movements I was down off a bunk bed, mostly dressed and looking for my keys. They hadn't quite figured out what was going on yet and she looked at me with stark terror in her eyes and he couldn't figure out what her problem was. She was rather cute too, the swatting of him as he fumbled around was priceless. I was laughing so hard I actually enjoyed getting booted out of my dorm at 2 am.

Edit:
That or load up some Barry White on your IPad. It'd be funnier.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:08:40 pm by Distind »

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2266 on: October 01, 2012, 06:49:15 pm »
That's funny -- a university really thinking they can prevent students from having sex.

I once went to a school that succeeded very easily--at least so far as hetero sex was concerned.

See, members of the opposite sex weren't allowed in your dorm building (beyond the lounge) without permission from the RA.  You had to announce the opposite-sex-member was on your floor, and you also had to have the door to your (one-room) dorm wide open if a member of the opposite sex was inside.

Is it wrong that I'm picturing a lot of gay sex happening?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2267 on: October 01, 2012, 07:01:51 pm »
Here's how UP works it- you can have a member of opposite sex on your room during the day, and you're free to close the door. However, they need to be out by midnight on weekdays and two in the morning on weekends. If you're thinking it'd be hilariously easy to hide and spend the night in your lover's room, it is. The rule there is pretty token, and most RAs don't care much. I don't know much about people's sex lives, but I'm sure it happens.

As for gay sex, they will not room two out gay people together, but that's it. The school does a great job of not being homophobic for the most part.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2268 on: October 01, 2012, 08:32:26 pm »
1. People who have no idea what they're doing with either credit or debit cards. Seriously, it's like most of them have never used one before, and most of these people have the company credit card, so it's not like they've never used one before.
2.WTF is up with all the broke escalators at the mall I work in? Both of escalators that go down are broke, plus the one that goes up in my store. Also I hate the elevators in my store, they're so fucking slow.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2269 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »
Got a call from my supervisor this morning saying she had work for me for a few weeks (I work for a temp agency, so I generally have to wait a few days for new assignments), including a few hours today if I can get to the property. Since it's only a few bus stops past the last place, I take the job and head on up. The commute is an hour and a half and, when I arrive at the property, I am told that my lack of plumbing/electrical/woodworking skills (which I'm supposed to learn as I go) aren't at the level they need to be for this job, and I'm promptly sent home. Boss says the property manager didn't specify those skills so whatever, it happens. Not like I had other plans today anyways. Then, I get home, and she's got other properties I could work at for a while, and it turns out my internet is down for the afternoon because someone fucked up the apartment building's connection (none of our neighbors had internet either, and the door fob wasn't working). Makes it really easy to find these other properties.
So, internet comes back a couple hours later, and I find out that the property I've just been assigned to is 2hrs away by train. What's worse, it's only 3 days a week, and I've yet to be told what time I need to be there in the morning. As of right now, the commute alone will take half my paycheck, and that's assuming the property opens at 9AM, because otherwise I won't be able to get there on time due to train schedules.

I really enjoy the work I get to do with this company, but if this trend keeps up, I don't know that I can stay with them. It's bad enough I'm not with the last property (which I was at for over a month) because they said I deserve a raise, but this whole "I'll find you something closer" that turns into taking Amtrak halfway across the county is ridiculous.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2270 on: October 01, 2012, 11:45:37 pm »
American History textbooks.  This line is describes the resurgence of nativism in the 1920s.

This triggered a general rise in racism and in nativism, the desire to protect the interests of old-stock Americans against those of immigrants.

That is the most racist, biased, bullshit definition of nativism that I have ever seen.  Left wing bias my ass.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #2271 on: October 02, 2012, 12:26:55 am »
Two-faced bastards that agree with you on a subject while it is just you two, but will turn around to insult and abandon you the moment the subject arises.

Not sure if they're liars or just cowards.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2272 on: October 02, 2012, 07:11:13 am »
The internet really needs some sort of declension tool. Like...you input two words, like the russian word book кни́га and then its plural кни́ги. Then the tool tells you the rules that were implemented that changed the last letter. Like its declension or a spelling rule that took place

(Like the above example. Normally you would replace the last letter with a ы to form the plural, but russian spelling rules say you cant put a ы after к or г (and some others) so you have to change it to an И)

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #2273 on: October 03, 2012, 12:02:21 am »
Nightwish's singer just quit mid-tour. I was gonna see them this weekend, damn it! >.<

Yes, I thought Annette was a good fit for the band. Bring it, haters.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2274 on: October 03, 2012, 12:06:05 am »
*Shrugs* I like Nightwish. 

Sucks that happens so much with bands nowadays.  Probably 'creative differences'.  :-/

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2275 on: October 03, 2012, 02:59:32 am »
Really? Darn, Annette was great. Two singers down in two decades.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #2276 on: October 03, 2012, 04:25:50 pm »
Today I bought a three hundred dollar text book.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2277 on: October 03, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »

WTF?? That's just criminal...

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2278 on: October 03, 2012, 04:46:33 pm »

that you'll only be using for one class, and then, since it's out-dated, you can't sell it back.

At least that's what happened back when I was in school.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #2279 on: October 03, 2012, 04:51:24 pm »
That's ridiculous, JebJeb.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy